Chapter 6

For What It's Worth

Yuri woke up as he felt Jessica shivered besides him.

He immediately removed his coat and encircled it to the girl's body. "She's really a heavy sleeper" he thought before he checked his watch and found out that it's already 4:13 in the afternoon.

It's been more than seven hours since they got trapped at this elevator and there's no rescue team yet. Yuri was a bit pissed at the thought of no rescue team. He can't believe he was not able to report to work today because of this unfortunate event.

Since his only companion was still deeply asleep, he just stared blankly out of nowhere and prayed hard that the rescue team will arrive sooner rather than later. As though God had heard his prayer, one member of the rescue team shouted while he tried to open the door of the elevator "Is somebody in there?"

"Yes, there are 2 persons in here" Yuri shouted. He almost jumped up out of joy but then remembered the girl who was leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Sir. We're currently trying to fix the elevator. We'll get you out of there in a bit" The man assured Yuri

"Please do, we've waited long enough" Yuri answered calmly

"We apologize, Sir. We'll get back to you shortly"

"Okay. We'll just wait" Yuri said before he slightly shook Jessica.

The girl didn't even move

He shook her a little bit harder this time while he whispered on her ear "Jessica, the rescue team has arrived. You have to wake up"

Still, the girl barely even move

He shook her really really hard this time and said "Wake up, Jessica!!"

Yuri noticed that some strands of her hair fell on her face. He moved a bit in able to remove her hair from her face. When his hands was about to reach Jessica's face, Jessica lazily opened her eyes and met his eyes. They stared at each other for a moment not moving an inch as though they were hypnotized by each other's eyes. After a moment Yuri cleared his throat and said " Sorry. I just wanted to remove the hair from your face"

Jessica immediately removed her head from his shoulder and asked "What time is it, Yuri?"

"4:20pm. And if you're interested, the rescue team arrived and they said that they're currently fixing the elevator. I guess it wouldn't be long till we can finally get out of here." Yuri said while he picked mentos from his pocket and ate one. He then offered it to Jessica.

"REALLY? Good Lord, thank you" Jessica said excitedly as she ate mentos. She realized there was a coat encircled around her

"Yours? Thanks, Yuri" She stated before she removed it from her body to return to Yuri

"Yes, you were shivering a while ago. AND, you keep it for now. I know you're still cold"

"No, I'm fine no--"

"Please, I insist. Keep it" Yuri showed her his perfect set of teeth

Jessica couldn't help but returned his smile. "Okay"

Then there was silence. Before they can talk again, the light in the elevator lit up and the elevator started moving.

The two of them stood and gave a sigh or relief.

Yuri took the moment and faced Jessica

"I guess our misfortune.. I mean adventure ends here. It's nice meeting you, elevator buddy" Yuri joked as he extended his hand for a shake

Jessica laughed while she extended her hand to met his "Same here, elevator buddy. I will never look at this elevator the same way again"

The two of them laughed and before they knew it, they were already on the ground floor.

The door opened and revealed two men in a suit and 3 men which Yuri believe were the people who fixed the elevator.

Before they stepped out from the elevator, Jessica teased Yuri "You should play a bit more in your phone because honestly, YOU !"

Yuri laughed heartily and was about to answer but got cut off by one of the man in suit.

"Miss, your father's waiting for you. I suggest we leave now"

"I know. Just a minute, Jozef"

Jessica moved closer to Yuri and said "Thank you for the company, Yuri. Being stranded in that elevator was not that bad because you were there."

"I know. I'm the most awesome elevator buddy in Frankfurt." He said proudly

"Don't let it get in your head, Okay? You're too full of yourself" Jessica snapped.

"Just kidding. Same here, Thanks Jessica. Meeting a Korean here in Frankfurt made me less homesick" Yuri said honestly

"So I guess, this is goodbye?" Yuri continued

"I'm afraid so. Bye, Yuri" Jessica said and slightly bowed

Yuri bowed in return "Bye, Jessica"

Yuri watched her as she started to leave the building. He was startled when she stopped and turned to look at him again "She's stupid, you know. That girl who left you" Jessica gave him her last smile before she went out of the building.

Yuri smiled to himself before he started to leave the building as well.

Once he arrived at his car and checked himself at the mirror then he only realized that he forgot his coat.

A smile emerged from his lips. He still has a reason to meet her.

"Jessica Jung"

------

Yuri was busy in doing the design for the one of the most prestigous condominiums in Seoul, the Seoul Trump Towers.

He was too engrossed in doing his work that he didn't realized Tiffany was already in the same room as he was.

"You think I'm pretty without any make-up on You think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down" Tiffany sang while dancing cheerfully in front of her lover.

Yuri can't help but smile when he saw Tiffany dancing like a mad person while singing on top of her voice. His girl was indeed the craziest yet cutest girl he had ever known.

Yuri would love to watch Tiffany a little more but first things first, he need to finish his design so he resumed on doing his work immediately.

"Before you met me, I was alright But things were kinda heavy, you brought me to life Now every February you'll be my Valentine, Valentine" Tiffany stared at Yuri while she danced her cute choreo on top of the coffee table.

Yuri chuckled at the sight.

"I know what you're doing, Love."

"Yes, I'm singing and dancing." Tiffany shrugged.

"Oh yeah? Okay, If you say so"

"Let's go all the way tonight No regrets, just love We can dance until we die You and I, we'll be young forever" Tiffany continued singing the song.

"You're such a distraction, you know that" Yuri protested as he put down his pencil.

"Am I?" Tiffany said while she grabbed the collar of his shirt and asked him to dance with her

"I have to finish--" Yuri said while doing all he can not to join Tiffany

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream The way you , I can't sleep Let's runaway and don't ever look back Don't ever look back My heart stops when you look at me Just one touch, now baby I believe This is real, so take a chance And don't ever look back, don't ever look back" Tiffany sang seductively.

"Oh come on, Love" Tiffany said then pouted.

Yuri closed his eyes tightly because he knows that Tiffany knows that her pout was one of his weaknesses

When he opened his eyes, he found Tiffany's beautiful brown eyes starring lovingly at him. Right at that moment, he knew he's not going to win.

He stood and encircled his arms around Tiffany's waist.

"If they fire me, I'll blame everything on you" Yuri joked while he leaned his forehead against Tiffany's

"I guess I have to get another job then. Maybe I should audition as commercial model or singer or artist so I can earn enough money for the two of us" Tiffany uttered while she encircled her hands on Yuri's neck

"Good idea but no, Sorry,miss but I'm not going to share you to the world. You're Mine, Love. Only Mine." Yuri stated and kissed Tiffany.

Tiffany showed her infamous eyesmile before she answered "Yes, I'm Yours"

Tiffany smiled at the memory before she took one last look of their apartment.

"Wherever you are, I wish you happiness"

--

Finally, an update! I think this is the longest chapter so far. Again, constructive criticisms are very welcome

Readers, thanks a lot for patienty waiting.