Chapter 7

For What It's Worth

“We need to hurry up, Miss Jung. We’re 20 minutes late and I’m very sure that your father will be hoping mad at you again. ” Jessica listened as her secretary did what it seems like a walkathon.

She sighed. This shortie really do know how to panic.

“You know my motto, right? Don’t run no matter how late you are..” The blonde said while walking lazily behind her secretary.

“There’s no difference anyway!”   Sunny said furiously as she heard that endless excuse of the blonde on her side.

Jessica smirked and in order to irritate her secretary even more, Jessica did a slow clap and uttered “ Oh! I’m surprise you knew! I’ll reward you a cookie if I have one with me right now. ”

“Who wouldn’t? It’s the most non-sense motto I’ve ever heard in my entire life! And for pete’s sake, why didn’t you sleep early?”

I tried but that thing I found in his jacket wouldn’t let me stop thinking about it.. him. Jessica thought.

“Most stupid? How come? I’m late and I couldn’t change that. So might as well make the most out of being late. And in my defense, it’s raining and you do know that it’s the perfect bed weather”

“Ugggggghhhhh. You and your reasons make me wanna hit my head against the wall” 

“Do you want me to hit you instead?” Jessica continued on mocking her secretary who is now gritting her teeth out of frustration.

“You brat..  Just get your lazy off and walk faster! That’s not a request, it’s a command!” Sunny said as she pushed Jessica towards the elevator.

Jessica glared at her while saying “Whoa! You know, sometimes I’m wondering who’s working for who”

After receiving a death glare from Jessica, Sunny started to do an aegyo and instantly started to cling on Jessica “hahaha You know I’m kidding, right? I’m just concerned about you because you’re the best boss in the entire universe so I don’t want you to get into trouble”

“oh stop talk ting me. We both know you’re only telling me that because I’m your best friend!”

“that’s… OH WAIT! Stop with all your nonsense and get out of the elevator!!!”

After several minutes, the two finally arrived at Jessica’s office.

“Here’s the blueprint and the documentations of the project. In case you need more, just call me. Stand tall. I know you’ll do well” Sunny smiled brightly in order to cheer Jessica.

“Thank you so much, Soonkyu!” Jessica said evily after Sunny, her secretary slash best friend handed her the blue print.

“YAH! I swear you’re so dead after that meeting of yours” That’s the last thing that Sunny said to her best friend before she vanished from her sight.

Jessica took a deep breath and prepared herself from what is about to come, the wrath of her dad.

Upon entering the room, she was surprised that her Dad was talking to someone.  She mentally thanked heaven for that man because he just saved her from her Dad’s wrath.

She was about to leave when suddenly she saw her dad looked at her and acknowledged her presence.

“Good Morning, Dad! Sorry I didn’t know you’re talking to someone. I think I’ll just comeback later.”

“Stay. I need to see the blueprint of yours right now. And by the way Jessica, I’d like you to meet your partner for this project..”

Her father’s voice vanished like the wind as the man in front of her started to turn around

“…Kwon Yuri”

“Yuri, this is Jessica. My daughter that I was talking about”

The two didn’t know how to react with each other and Yuri was the first one to got to his senses

“It’s nice meeting you again, Jessica Jung” Yuri smiled charmingly at Jessica  while extending his hand for a handshake

“Likewise, Kwon Yuri” she said as she met his hand

Us. It definitely means something.

--

"Welcome back, Fany-ah! We missed you!' Tiffany was shocked because of her co-workers' surprise event for her. After what happened, she thought no one will ever cared about her anymore.

She was about to cry when she heard Yoona said "No more crying, okay? We miss that eyesmile of yours you know that"  and gave her an encouraging smile.

"That's right, Tiffany unnie. We miss the loud, shameless, and carefree Stephanie Hwang" Seohyun, the youngest among them added.

Every laughed including Tiffany.

"Let go of the past and move on. We promise that we'll be at your back as you start your  new journey" Hyoyeon said before she asked for a toast "to Tiffany's new life"

For the first time after what happened, she smiled genuinely.

Unbeknowst to her, someone's heart was already flattering upon seeing again the eyesmile of hers. The eyesmile which he always prayed to see everyday for the rest of his life.

Welcome back, Hwang.

 

-------

I know. Filler chapter.

Honestly, i don't know how to continue on writing this story anymore. I'm really not gifted with writing. What i have in my mind is way better than what I'm writing and it frustrates me. If only i could just narrate this story with the use of my voice, I would. And i will narrate it with feelings. lol

Sorry for the 7 months of not updating and thank you for reading.