Chapter 3

For What It's Worth

"After several months, I'm glad you finally accepted our offer, Mr. Kwon. Welcome to Lexikon Corporation " A man at the age of 52 to 55 said before he extended his hand for a shake.

"Thank you. I'm glad I did as well." Yuri answered while he shook the hand of the man.

"Hmmmm so this will be your new office. You can customize it based from your preferences. You'll also have your own car provided by the company so you can go to meetings without any hassle. And the other benefits, well you can read it on the contract that you had signed."

"Yes, I've read everything in the contract. Thank you again, Mr. Firestone" he sincerely said.

"No, THANK YOU. A person like you is a great asset to the company. We're lucky to have you around"

He didn't know what to say because of the compliment so he just nodded his head as a sign of acknowledgment.

"Ahah. I guess I should leave now. Again, welcome to the company director Kwon."

"Yuri. Just Yuri."

"Well then, Yuri, enjoy your stay here and good luck. Your secretary will be here in a moment" Mr. Firestone said before he left his office.

He watched him closed the door and took a deep breathe before he scanned the room.

It's a stylish yet elegant office. A desk with a desktop computer on the right and a laptop on the left. A wireless phone. A sofa where he could talk to his clients. A coffeemaker, microwave and a small fridge. There's also a small room he yet to find what's inside.

He laughed when he realized that it looked more like a house than an office.

He then walked towards the window then clicked a button revealing the beautiful skyline of Frankfurt.

This is it. After months of being in darkness, he finally decided to start his life again. He started by accepting the offer that an international company had been offering him for months. A company which requires him to work abroad.

He left the country without telling anyone except his family. He left without telling his friends and most especially, not telling her. Besides, she was the reason why he accepted the offer in the first place. He wanted to avoid her because he was not yet ready to meet her again.

So here he was, in a a new company. New place. New people. New life. And most especially, a new Kwon Yuri.

---

Okay, I realized that I have to tell a brief background first on why Yuri left the country and how he can meet Jessica.

The preview before will no longer be on the same chapter. I've decided to distribute it to different chapters.

You'll meet Jessica soon. And Jessica is not his secretary, okay? How can Jessica be only a secretary? Lol jk.