Worth The Wait

Waiting For My Phantom

 

 

This is the last day that Krystal would visit the place. She was limping to her way to the gymnasium; everything was drained out of her, literally.

Last night she hadn’t slept well because of too much deciding whether to give up or keep on waiting for the stranger.

 

She had opened the door of the gymnasium. It was not like the usual, there were candles all around and the stage was seemed to be renovated.

There was a medium sized heart figure seen on the center of the stage, it has “for the one who patiently waited” written on it.

 

I never broke my promises

Especially when it’s you

You’re the first one to make me feel that I am special

So I am returning the favor to you

 

I know how you waited in this place

And it seemed strange for me

But when I saw the sincerity in your eyes

I doubt no more, because I know the truth is what I see.

 

Amber went out of the curtains and sneakily went behind Krystal. She hugged the girl’s back tightly, which made the latter gasp.

 

“Your phantom is back. Back to sing for you”

 

Krystal turned around as the hug loosened a bit. She hugged Amber and sobbed softly on her shoulder.

After a few minutes she had calmed down and they both sat on the stage.

-

“What’s your name?”

Krystal asked to the “Phantom”. They stared awhile into each other’s eyes before broking into a heartily laugh.

 

“It’s Amber. Nice to meet you again”

Amber smiled warmly towards to Krystal.

 

All the confusion was erased as Krystal had confirmed that her “Phantom” was a girl. It didn’t matter that much, after all.

 

They sat in silence for awhile. Then Krystal said, “Thanks for coming back, thank you a lot”.

The reason why she was thankful was still unclear to Amber. Suddenly, she pecked Amber on the cheek and her hand had found its way to Amber’s like magic.

 

Happiness filled the atmosphere as Krystal leaned her head to her Phantom’s shoulder with their hands intertwined.

 

 

-Ang Pagtatapos-