06. meeting onew's rival

My BFF Key

 

[key]

“You…” Onew pointed accusingly at the man across from us.

“Good morning, Onew.” He said casually and waved at him.

That was strange. Onew wasn’t the type that held a sort of hatred to other people. This was the first time I’ve seen him remotely angry. Not that I cared to remember how he acts anyway.

“What do we have here?” The person that Onew pointed accusingly at was now approaching us ever so slowly. He looked around Onew and my age. (That was 19 – 21.) He had brown hair that was styled in an interesting manner. I have to say that his fashion sense was better than Onew’s; but of course, it wasn’t better than mine.

“Who’s that?” I asked Onew who was still pointing. There was this fury in his eyes. Onew didn’t reply and continued to glare.

I sighed and shrugged, then looked to where Kyungmi should have once been. She was still standing there wondering what was happening. No, Kyungmi needs to go to work now and get me some freebies and discount items! I’m not cheap. It’s just that LB is rather expensive.

“Kim Jonghyun.” Onew scoffed and I looked at him. He had finally spoken.

I assumed that this brown-haired male was called Jonghyun and he was still approaching us at a slow pace. Just as Jonghyun was about to reach Onew he saw Kyungmi and started to walk towards her instead.

Then, Onew snapped out of his glare and gasped. “What is he doing?” He asked me worriedly.

“It seems that he’s going to talk to Kyungmi.” I stated. No duh, what else did it look like?

“Uh, I hate that guy.” Onew folded his arms across his chest looking mad, yet he looked jealous as well.

“How come?” It wouldn’t hurt to know more things.

Onew did a faux spitting motion, “Kim Jonghyun is my rival. He always steals my business. There are already a few electronics stalls around the mall and this floor was supposed to be mine! But then he came along and he charms all the female customers to his stall. Sometimes he lures my customers to his place by giving them discounts!” Onew complained.

I nodded while watching as Jonghyun started socializing with my BFF and Onew’s girlfriend. I pointed my index finger at them, “What are you going to do about that?” I asked Onew who wasn’t next to me anymore.

Where’d did that boy go? I glanced around and found him over at Jonghyun’s stall rummaging in his things. Onew was messing around with the layout of his stall for about five minutes before he came back with a large cardboard box.

As he returned to his stall, Onew was cackling. “Take that Jonghyun.” I heard him mutter.

Jonghyun didn’t seem to notice Onew going into his stall as he was still conversing with Kyungmi. They looked like they were getting along quite well, though I could see Kyungmi had an odd look on her face that told me she saw Onew sleuthing around.

“What did you do?” I asked, and peered into the box that Onew had brought back to his little shop. Inside were smaller boxes of electronics: some phones, some phone accessories and all that.

“I just… no, you’ll find out soon.” Onew had a large grin on his face and he patted my shoulder. “This is the real world of business, Key. This is how you work.”

Yes, you’re totally right. The real world of business includes stealing from other people’s stores.

“What are you going to do about that? They seem to be getting along very well. Better than you and Kyungmi.” I gestured towards the chatting duo.

Onew clenched his fist and zoomed off towards them. “That Jonghyun, what is he trying to do?” Onew muttered. I followed for the fun of it and since I riled him up.

“Oh, hey Onew. You’ve got a pretty girlfriend.” Jonghyun commented with a bright smile. For some reason his smile look slightly taunting and sly. I could easily tell since I’ve got the power to read faces. But Yang Kyungmi? Pretty? Only if you like that…

Kyungmi laughed and punched Jonghyun in the arm. Jonghyun flinched and stumbled. Yes, Kyungmi was TANK. Onew squealed (under his breath of course) and pulled Kyungmi away from the scene while shooting Jonghyun dirty looks. Onew also flapped his hands at Jonghyun the way that you would shoo away pigeons.

“Yeah, I have a girlfriend! A pretty one too! Be jealous, be very jealous Kim Jonghyun!” Onew shouted at him before turning to Kyungmi. “How could you touch, that THING?” Onew asked, holding Kyungmi protectively against him. Onew didn’t care that Kyungmi punched his rival but he was mad cause she touched him.

“Uh, I was just joking around with him. I didn’t hug him, Onew. I punched him, lightly on the arm.” Kyungmi shrugged and released herself from Onew’s grip.

I let out a sigh. The sight of them made me miss my girlfriend. I slumped down on a stool in Onew’s stall. Kyungmi and Onew turned to look at me.

“What’s up, Key?” Kyungmi bent down and looked up at me as if I was a child. If she was Onew I swear I would have kicked her.

“It’s just… I’m a guy, I have needs.” I said to Kyungmi who looked at me like I said something immoral.

Her eye twitched and she backed away. “What do you mean?”

“Huh?” I didn’t think that she’d misunderstand me. “I didn’t mean needs like that! I mean, that my needs as a male is that I need to see Sooyun.”

“Oh right.” Kyungmi let out a sigh of relief and wiped away non-existent sweat off her forehead. 

“I’ve been at this for like, a month and I haven’t gotten Sooyun back. Maybe I should give up on her. After all, I would like her to be happy.” But I won’t be happy! I tried not to frown.

Kyungmi stood up and sat on the stool besides me. “Are you sure you want to give up on her?”

Is she trying to make me give up on her? I eyed Kyungmi and just slumped my shoulders. I really didn’t know anymore. “I like Sooyun, lots. But after all this time she’s hasn’t came back to me yet! Maybe, she’s happy with…” I twitched, “Karammama.”

“Don’t be like that!” Kyungmi slapped my back and I flinched. She was violent as always. “I’ve got good news for you. Sooyun still likes you.” She smiled.

“Didn’t she always?”

“Yah, she’s got a new boyfriend. You should be happy that she still likes you. It means that you have a chance to win her back! You should be rejoicing because I told you that and be recharged and determined once again.” Kyungmi huffed.

She was actually right. I didn’t believe that Sooyun ever stopped liking me, (though Kyungmi said it was possible) and this would mean that I still have a relatively large chance to get her back. “Those are some inspiring words there, Kyungmi.”

“No problem. Remember to work like a real man, not the stocks right? When you get home you’re going to sell all your shares and work for money like Onew does.” Kyungmi grinned.

“Does this mean that you’re rooting for me to get back together with Sooyun?”

Kyungmi’s eyes narrowed. “Don’t push it. You know she’s still my little sister alright?”

I laughed and wondered where Onew had gone while we were talking. I didn’t understand how I didn’t notice the mob of customers that Onew was now serving.

“I have all the latest electronics,” Onew proclaimed, gesturing at his glass display cabinet with an array of devices. “We also have cheap credit.” He leaned close and whispered to the customers, “Its cheaper than all the other stalls in this mall.”

The customers went wild and started withdrawing money from their wallets.

Across us was Jonghyun’s stall and he was seething. “You thief, Onew! You messed up my shop as well!”

Onew just cackled once again and went back to work. “Come give me a hand, Key. I’ll give you some of my pay if you do.”

Oh, more money for my stash of cash. “My pleasure,” I moved my way to the front of counter and began talking to some customers.

“Crap, I only have 15 minutes to get to work!” Kyungmi exclaimed from behind us. “I have to go. Bye Key, Onew!” She ran out of the stall and out of the closest exit. I smiled to myself. Yeah, I was gonna get myself some discount LB.

My resolve was now as strong as ever and I was going to get my Sooyun back! I’m making money and becoming the irresistible workingman, but I still have an obstacle that I have to dispose of. This obstacle was no other than my girlfriend’s new boyfriend – Karammama.

----

It has been awhile, but finally we have updated with chap 6!

Hope you enjoy this one! Sorry for the late, very late, update.

Lol @ Onew's epic mobile stealing moves. ;)

♥JSMPKK - 12/04/11