When You First Meet

At home with YoungBae

A/N: Okay. I just logged on to AFF after it’s been forever (sorry! >.<) and I find out that I have a subscriber. I was shocked. Not just surprised. Shocked. My heart stuttered for a moment. Thank you to janella. T.T You have made my day.

 

            When You First Meet:

            Flustered, I rushed into the café, my ears registering the jingle of the bell as the door shut behind me. Song Café was the name of the establishment, a quaint little place filled with little knick knacks, walls colored in earthy tones, mellow lighting, and the delicious aroma of coffee and freshly baked pastries. In other words, my haven.

            It was a late Wednesday night, and the rain was pouring outside. Because Song Café wasn’t very well known (and it IS late…), there weren’t many patrons around, which was completely fine with me, being the anti-social introvert that I am. I sat in my usual place (which happened to be an extremely fluffy upholstered chair), letting out a sigh, finally releasing some of the stress that I had been feeling.

            It had been a LONG day; a busy day; a day where everyone seemed to need something from me while still expertly telling me how incompetent I am. The jerks. My cheeks puffed out in annoyance and I blew my bangs out of my eyes.

            YeonHee, a long-time waitress and friend at the café walked over. “Hey girl! Man, you look tired,” she commented after a perusal of my face.

            “Is it that obvious?” I joked, knowing full well that it was.

            She gave me a sympathetic look and a tone to match. “Do you want your usual?”

            “Yes, please, but with extra caramel and a large brownie,” I gazed up at her with puppy eyes, practically praying that there was some sort of chocolate something left behind after all of the previous customers of the day.

            “Haha, don’t worry,” she said with a smile, “I thought you might be coming by, so I set one aside just for you.” She gave me a wink before she walked off. Comforted by the thought that heaven was just a few minutes away, I sighed again, closing my eyes and leaning my head back. Before I knew it, YeonHee came back and handed me a caramel macchiato and a large brownie. Just as I was about to stuff my face with the chocolate ambrosia, I heard someone clear their throat and tap me on the shoulder.

            I paused, my mouth wide open to get ready for a bite, and I looked up, thinking that YeonHee had come back. It wasn’t YeonHee. Startled, I put the brownie down and gave my full attention to the stranger. He (or maybe it was a she) was clothed from head to toe, complete with a face mask and long-sleeve hoodie. We stared at each other in silence for about a minute. I slowly started to reach for my brownie again.

            “Um!’ the stranger blurted, startling me again, “Would you mind… If I sat here?” he gestured to the chair across the table from me. Watching him, I nodded my head slowly before retreating back into my own little world.

            I took my first bite of the brownie. It practically melted in my mouth. Brownies this delicious were very hard to come by. I was so glad that I was able to—

            “So what’s your name?” I came crashing back to reality. I stared at him. He took his face mask off, I thought. Sensing that I was starting to get creeped out, he hastily backtracked and stuttered, “Wait! I mean—um… Hi. My name is YoungBae,” he finished sheepishly.

            I blinked a few times. What is he doing? I thought. “Hello. I’m ______... is there something I can do for you?”I asked, giving him a quizzical look.

            “Well… Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketogoonadatewithme!” his face was beet red, he stared down at the table.

            “… What?”

            He took a deep breath and finally looked me in the eye. “Would you like to go on a date with me?”

            Well. This kind of shocked me. I wasn’t exactly known for being pretty or attracting (any) attention (from the male at all). Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t UGLY, but I was plain. REALLY plain. Forever in the best buddy category.

            While I sat there gaping like a fish, YoungBae may have (possibly) taken this as a rejection, so he rushed on to propose a new idea. “Or maybe we can just talk. Right here. Tomorrow, same time? Maybe we can get to know each other a little more.” He looked so hopeful that I let out a small giggle. He was so cute.

            “Sure, I would like that.” A soft smile was on my face with a faint blush on my cheeks. A grin covered the bottom half of his face, flashing his pearly whites at me. “Great! I’ll see you then!” at that precise moment (planned timing by the author) someone, I’m guessing one of his friends, called from across the café.

            “YoungBae-ah! Palli! We need to go! We need rest before tomorrow morning’s schedule.” I couldn’t see who was talking as the person was outside my field of vision. YoungBae jumped up, and just before he rushed off, “Oh! Can I have your number?” He put his number in my cell phone while I put mine in his, and then he jogged off. I turned to watch him leave, and that was when I caught sight of his friends.

            My brain temporarily shut down.

            It was G-freaking-Dragon, T.O.P., Daesung, and Seungri. The boys of BIGBANG.

            While YoungBae was jogging to catch up with his friends, his hood slipped off his head, revealing his Mohawk. 10 minutes after they had left, my mouth was still hanging open. My phone beeped, signaling an incoming text message. Dazed, I looked to see what it was about.

 

            To: _________

            From: TEYDADDY

            Hey _____! I can’t wait till tomorrow! Sweet dreams, and enjoy the extra brownie. ;)

           

            I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked at the table. A whole new brownie was sitting next to my half-eaten one… It has been decided. I will marry him.