Baekhyun's Side

Reveal Yourself

“Luhan hates me and I’m scared how he doesn’t show it at all.”

 

“He never asks me for any favour. I’ve always been guilty about not giving him something in return.”

 

“I don’t want to lose Lu Han.”

 

 

Those were just a few things that Baekhyun told Lu Han. He thought that it’s better if the involved party sort it out themselves.

 

And instead of Yixing’s tears being caused by Baekhyun, it was Lu Han’s fault?

 

At the beginning, what Baekhyun had in mind was to ask about things he knows about about Lu Han. He wanted to find out why he turned into a two-faced person. It turns out that Yixing noticed it too but continued to act the same.

 

‘Yixing-ah knew about it?’

 

“Next thing I know he’s already pouring his life story on me.” Baekhyun was surfing through the channels on TV as he recalled the happening. “You made Mr. Yixing cry a lot, you know.”

 

Lu Han still hasn’t uttered a word; different things crowding his mind at the moment.

 

“And since I’m your kind and cute patient, I’m gonna help you out!”

 

The older’s head snapped towards his patient’s direction and stared widely. “What sort of trouble are you getting me into now?”

 

Baekhyun switches off the TV and faces the other with resolve. “You will fix your issues with Yixing whether you like it or not.”

 

“I don’t have any issues.” He insisted.

 

“I won’t drink my medicine if you don’t listen to me.”

 

“I won’t listen to you if you don’t drink your medicine.”

 

They’re at a standstill, neither of them wanting to back down. Every cell of their body is showing how stubborn they are. Eventually, it became a staring and pouting contest.

 

Baekhyun is the first to close his eyes.

 

Victory!

 

“Ha! I win. Medicine. Now.”

 

“No you didn’t.” He wouldn’t be called Baekhyun if he didn’t have a trick or two up his sleeves. Thinking ahead is crucial.

 

A knock on the door interrupted the two. Lu Han glared at the boy in disbelief. ‘You called him?!’

 

 

‘You lose! You can’t do anything about it.’

 

‘But you blinked!’

 

‘It wasn’t even a staring contest!’

 

It was quite a sight to see them arguing in whispered voices with their arms flailing and using their eyes to communicate. Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and ran for the door. “Heya Yixing-ah!” He gave him a meaningful pat and a warm smile. “Make this count.” He made sure only the other nurse heard it before running off to who-knows-where.

 

Thanks to Baekhyun (not really), Lu Han is stuck in this very awkward situation. This is what he’s been avoiding his whole life! A freaking confrontation!

 

Lu Han feels really uncomfortable and he knows his friend feels the same way.

 

“It looks like my patient got to you, huh?” The atmosphere is still tense. “You don’t have to mind him. I’ll you back to the station…”

 

The other man gulp and after a strong breath, looked Lu Han straight in the eye. “I want to talk to you...” It’s now Lu Han’s turn to feel a lump in his throat. Should he fear for the worst?

 

“…the real you.”

 

Lu Han didn’t know what to do. He had kept his true nature for a long time and opening up now won’t be some walk in the park. ‘What if Yixing gets angry at me? What if I hurt his feelings?’ These questions looped inside his mind and it shocks him that he was actually worried about this.

 

Maybe he wasn’t as indifferent and uncaring as he thought he was.

 

After strengthening his resolve, he finally agreed. Lu Han suggested they talk outside the hospital as it would be convenient for him and honestly, the image of two male nurses having a sincere heart-to-heart talk in a VIP’s room is strange.

 

Oh boy, this is gonna be a long day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Killing two birds with one stone.

 

Baekhyun finally understands that idiom after all those years. Not only did he get out of his horribly boring room, he also gets to fix people’s problems!

 

Believe it or not, Baekhyun has taken a liking to Lu Han and this whole ‘piss-him-off-to-reveal-his-true-self’ scheme is just an old habit. Just like the saying—Baekhyun proudly remembers, old habits die hard.

 

Back when he was young, his dad would always be away on a business trip and having lost a mother didn’t help fill his longing. The two of them haven’t talked in a long time but once his father caught word of his humiliating “F” in an exam, he became furious and scolded Baekhyun for being a bad child.


The memories were so vivid, he can almost feel like it only happened yesterday. His father yelled at him for around ten minutes, the longest time they have ever conversed in about a year after his mom’s death. Well, almost, since the conversation was one-sided and all Baekhyun did was to be on the receiving end.

 

It didn’t bother or traumatize him though. In fact, he felt really happy more than anything else. He finally noticed me, his past self thought. It was a serious situation and he should have reflected on his mistake yet, he couldn’t help the urge to do it again.

 

He concluded that the more he did badly, the more people would pay attention to him. You could say he’s an attention- but at least it beats a dreadful caged life.

 

To add to the reason for his naughty attitude, other wealthy businessmen would send their sons or daughters to their place in hopes of securing a connection with him or his dad’s money. It was so glaringly obvious that they were all a bunch of -ups and it would be Baekhyun’s pleasure to give them a hell of a time dealing with him.

 

Since then, it became his habit to do it to anyone; to their butlers, maids, company employees, anyone! He has embraced a life of troublemaking and he didn’t care what others would think of him.

 

He has a few exceptions, of course.

 

Being this his first time to set foot outside the hospital annex, Baekhyun has no idea where to start his adventure. Should he bother the nurses? Or maybe go outside the hospital? He bets no one knows who he is anyway so there shouldn’t be a commotion or anything.

 

After crossing the bridge between the buildings, Baekhyun catches a glimpse of a red-headed man heading out the large rotating doors. He strongly feels the person is someone he knows but as far as he’s concerned, he has no relatives or friends currently in Beijing. And if there is, they should’ve come to visit him in his room!

 

“Hey—” Before he could attempt to call the redhead, a tall figure blocks his way. Irritation was his initial reaction but it soon dissipated when he saw who it was.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun.” A set of white dents greeted him and it sent chills down his spine.

 

The shorter man unintentionally steps away from him. “Creep.” But that, he intended to say. He walks past him but the other clearly has other plans.

 

“What? Why are you running away? I haven’t done anything yet.” The man grabbed Baekhyun by the arm and he refrained himself from shouting there and then. The man’s grip was strong, even with his Hapkido prowess, he couldn’t shake him off.

 

“I’m Park Chanyeol, if you were wondering—”

 

“No I’m not. Let go. And how did you know my name, you creep?” The shorter boy sternly said.

 

“I was wondering if we could go get some coffee.” Baekhyun was giving Chanyeol the look. He wasn’t sure if this nurse is deaf or if he was just plain playing around with him. There is something off about the smiley-man plus he keeps oozing creepy vibes and Baekhyun truthfully doesn’t want to spend any more time with him.

 

He continues to pry Chanyeol’s large hands from his arm. “NO. I said let go, didn’t I?”

 

The grip then suddenly got stronger and he winced from the pain. “H-hey!”

 

“If you don’t want anything to happen to your dad, you better keep quiet.” Chanyeol’s attitude change was evident as he whispered so very close to Baekhyun’s ear. He only realized now that he hates how Chanyeol’s voice sounds so deep and scary.

 

Baekhyun froze.

 

“Your dad, your brother…hmm…” The other continued to talk menacingly and he seemed to enjoy the terrified expression had on his face. “…who else do you want me to include?”

 

“Wha…What are you bluffing about?! My dad’s safe! Hyung can also take care of himself!” Baekhyun had this urge to slap the smile on the creeper’s face until he saw the identical bracelet he and his brother have. The bracelets were specially made for the two of them and he is positive the one Chanyeol’s carelessly waving right at his face is from his brother.

 

Baekhyun loves his brother very much and the fact that his safety was already compromised made breathing a chore again.

 

Baekhyun was already panicking when Chanyeol suddenly bit his ear hard. “Ah—!” The taller man was quick to put his hand on the other’s mouth. “Shhh.”

 

Okay. He is beyond terrified now. All he wanted to do is run away from Chanyeol and contact his dad and brother immediately.

 

For a second, Chanyeol’s hold weakened and the frightened patient used this opportunity to push his captor away and started to dash back to the annex. He left his inhaler back at his room and he might faint if he doesn’t get to it quickly.

 

He didn’t know what came over him, but he decided to quickly glance back at the tall, creepy nurse. The smirk plastered on his face made his heart beat faster in a bad way. Tears started falling. As he ran further away in his state, he could only think of one person he wished was here right now.

 

 

Lu Han hyung, help me!

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

Short chapter! >__< I'm sorry~ this was supposed to be a kind of revelation chapter for LuBaek but I haven't finished writing Luhan's side yet so I didn't want to hold the chapter for much longer.

I would also like to thank everyone who read and subscribed! 100+ subbies is a really great honor for me~ xD I'll use you guys as my motivation to write! <3

My school just started but I think I'm gonna be much productive in terms of the chapters ^^; I had so much idle time before that I tend to procrastinate. @__@ I'm sorry once again. I'm such a horrible author... T^T

And don't worry guys, i'll definitely have more lubaek happy fun times in the future chapters~ :">

So tell me what you guys think of the chapter! xDDD I'm feeling kinda sad lately but comments would definitely make me feel much better :"> (even if it's about how slow i update o.o)

Ike ike go go!!