Weird is Normal Now

Reveal Yourself

 

Another day is once again reeling to a close and without notice, the promised night out has arrived. Lu Han makes his way to the place where he and Yixing as well as other co-workers would have dinner. Or at least that was what he was hoping for. 

 

Instead, he ends up in front of a famous club and LuHan can't help but think that he was tricked again. 'I'm not really in the mood right now to party hard.' 

 

LuHan goes inside unwillingly but tries his best to hide it especially in front of Yixing. He was greeted with the strong smell of alcohol and the loud blaring of the music. Since the place is rather popular, without a doubt, it is crowded with people dancing, drinking, or just hanging out.  

 

This is definitely not the kind of dinner he had in mind but he still swam across the sea of people to get to their designated table.  

 

'I'll leave after a few drinks.'  

 

Right on cue, Yixing emerges from the crowd and immediately puts a drink in his hand.  

 

"You made it!"  

 

Lu Han mentally rolled his eyes. 'That smile irks me. Care to explain why we're here?!'  

 

"Of course I did!" Lu Han replied despite feeling the very opposite.

 

Yixing dragged his best friend to their table and the night went on as they all caught up with each other. Some were drunk, some were already passed out. Lu Han was still kinda sober and Yixing has high tolerance so the two then had a much awaited chat since the transfer.  

 

"Really? That boy is so puppy-like I wouldn't think he's that much of a brat."  

 

"Yeah, it's so hard to deal with him everyday. Still want to take my place?"  

 

"Nah, I'm okay. My patients are interesting enough."

 

Despite the noise and distraction the place brought, the long-time friends both agree that they are enjoying each others company.  

 

All else aside, from just a tiny section of Lu Han's heart, he hesitantly admits that maybe he did miss Yixing a little. 'Heey~ I'm supposed to be mad at him but here I am chatting with him. Oh well.'  

 

Lu Han was a bit preoccupied by his own thoughts that he didn't notice the change in Yixing's expression. "Lu Han, I... Uh, I also want to say sorry about this."  

 

"About what?"  

 

"I know you don't like clubs but I still brought you here."  

 

'Well you bet I don't like it here!' he shouts in his head minus the hate.  

 

"Also, sorry that I'm not being much of a friend. You've helped me a lot but I'm being troublesome in return."  

 

'Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses... Where's this coming from?' Lu Han is taken aback with the sudden apology from Yixing. He can't believe he's saying the things that Lu Han has pondered over for so many years!  

 

"H-hey what are you saying? You are a good friend."   Yixing gave him a bittersweet smile and for a moment Lu Han wanted to believe that the smile meant he understood all of Lu Han's hardships.  

 

The former playfully landed a punch on the older boy's arm. It seemed like he still had something to say but then there was nothing. Lu Han fixed his eyes on his friend, not knowing what to say further.  

 

Yixing abruptly stood up and tried to ease the situation by laughing. "Just forget what I said. I think it's just the alcohol talking."  

 

"O-oh. Okay."  

 

"And by the way... Lu Han..." Yixing put down the glass he was holding during their conversation and held on to the table. "Take me to the restroom...quickly... I think I'm gonna--!"  

 

 

"AAHHH!!!"  

 

 

 

A few days after that tragic incident, Lu Han returned to his usual routine in the hospital. Smiling and waving to his co-workers which he didn't really care about. He still thinks everyone are just looking at his pretty face and disregarding everything else.  

 

'And what's up with Yixing?! One moment he goes serious mode on me, then the next thing I know he's already throwing up! How did he even get Vodka and Margharita mixed up? He just can't drink the latter for goodness' sake!'

 

Adding to his headache, there's his annoying little charge...wait. Speaking of which, Baekhyun has been quiet this days. Too quiet. And truthfully, it scares him a little that this 'act' may just be a prologue to whatever's gonna unfold. Lu Han wonders if there's anything worse than getting his hand stuck to the door by a super glue.  

 

'If it's Baekhyun, blasting this building off wouldn't be impossible.' Just imagining it gives him the chills.  

 

The door is only a few meters away and Lu Han is glad there's no noise whatsoever coming from  inside.

 

"Okay, let's get this over with..... Baekhyun?"

 

Baekhyun is nowhere in sight and he instantly thinks there must be a trap somewhere. He looks up and to the sides. Then he noticed the messy bed and had a bad feeling forming into pits of his stomach. The usually calm nurse hurriedly checked the bathroom.

 

The brat wasn't there either.

 

Just as he was running towards the door to search for missing patient, Baekhyun slid the door open.  

 

There was silence between the two. Baekhyun didn't really want to make the first sound so he covered his face instead and tiptoed stealthily and ninja-like back to the bed. He picked up the blanket and pretended to be asleep. After about 3 seconds, he fake yawned and fake noticed Lu Han too as if nothing happened.   "Hey! You're up early. l didn't notice you were there. Hahaha."

 

Despite the fact he wanted to strangle the younger boy, he was relieved when he saw him. The older sighed and rolled his eyes. "Cut the crap. What were you doing outside?"

 

"I went to the toilet."

 

"You have a big bathroom 5 steps away. Who are you kidding?"  

 

"You."

 

Lu Han pinched the bridge of his nose. Sometimes, he just can't comprehend this kid's lack of seriousness in his life.  

 

"You know, if you took a dump and you're just afraid I'll find out, no need to lie. l do that too. We all do that."  

 

"Wow. Out of all the things you can give as an example, it just had to be 'took a dump', huh?"

 

The nurse shrugged. Baekhyun stood up to close the door and dragged Lu Han beside his bed. "Don't tell any one about this, okay?" and the other nodded.  

 

"You remember the creepy nurse a few rooms away?"

 

Lu Han didn't reply but his face showed he was interested.

 

"I knocked on their door and when it was opened, that creepy tall nurse was acting all weird."  

 

That statement was said in a very serious tone but Lu Han isn't convinced. "Says the boy who isn't weird."

 

"Hey! I'm giving you classified information. Don't make fun of me."  

 

"But it's hard not to make fun of you. You go on calling people weird even though you're weird yourself. What were you even doing there?"  

 

The shorter boy pouted at Lu Han for interrupting his story. "You don't understand..."  

 

"What's not to understand?"

 

"He called me Baby Bubu! My dad used to called me that when I was still small."  

 

'Baby Bubu? Seriously?' Lu Han tried not to laugh but failed miserably. "You ARE still small."  

 

"No one knows about that except the two of us." Baekhyun is really serious now. "Well, now there's three of us but you get the point."

 

Lu Han understands Baekhyun's point and he also thinks that what the creepy tall nurse said is kind of... well, creepy, and that the said nurse is creepy personified but after all he's been through, it's kinda hard to believe anything Baekhyun says.

 

"Yeah yeah, I understand. Now, medicine time." The shorter boy felt irritated but it only came across to Lu Han as being adorable.

 

Then, as if on cue, Yixing bombarded their private sanctuary with his loud voice. "Heya Mr. Billionaire's son!" He twirled and pretended to throw fake confettis.  

 

'NOOO. Why does he have to show up now? I don't have time to deal with him.'  

 

"Oh Yixing-ah, what brings you here?" As usual, Lu Han didn't leave any trace of annoyance towards his long-time buddy especially with how caring it sounded.

 

After giving the rich boy a high-five, he replied, "Nothing. I just wanted to come and see how you're doing."

 

'Uh. Hello? We just saw each other the other day.' "Oh, great! l need the company." Lu Han flashed his friend a dazzling smile.  

 

"Really great!" Baekhyun butted in. "Now that Mr. Yixing is here, go get me some Dr. Peppers."  

 

The two friends looked at the boy in the bed and answered in unison. "What?"  

 

Baekhyun explained that he's been craving some Dr. Peppers but the hospital's vending machines or cafeteria didn't have it. Of course, inside Lu Han's mind, this is another trick.  

 

"I'll go instead. I wouldn't mind." Maybe because he felt like he needed to, Yixing volunteered to run to the nearest convenience store a few blocks away.

 

"No." Baekhyun said sternly. "Lu Han hyung is my nurse. I get to order him around."

 

Lu Han believes a vein popped in his forehead and probably throbbing. If he leaves the two together, who knows what kind of slip-up his patient will make!  

 

"Yeah, he's right. Just stay here, Yixing-ah, and look after him for me." After sending signals and a super quick you-won't-even-see-it death glare to Baekhyun that clearly states 'tell him anything you're dead', he said goodbye to both. "I'll be back in a while."  

 

The '91 liner Zhang Yixing and '92 liner Byun Baekhyun are now left in comfortable silence. The kind of act Baekhyun displayed earlier is so obvious and the older spoke up.   "I'm sure you didn't go through the trouble of getting rid of Lu Han just so I'd look after you, right?"

 

"True. I need to ask you something." Baekhyun said as he settled back onto the bed.  

 

"But for the record, I'm really craving Dr. Peppers."

 

 

 

 

 

On the way back from his unexpected trip to the vending machine with the required drink, it was like the heavens were forbidding him from returning. The person that's been bugging him and Baekhyun is standing in front of him, drinking from a tumblr while smiling really widely.

 

"You're name's Lu Han right? I'm Park Chanyeol. I'm new here." The boy introduced but not stopping to let the other speak. "People call me Happy Virus because I smile a lot and I'm good at making everyone laugh."   The boy was on fire; he still continued. "And did you notice? My height is 185 cm. Tall, right? By the way, you're small... Wanna hear a joke?"  

 

'Ugh. What a chatterbox. Someone please take him away!'

 

It's incredible how a person can make someone feel so suffocated so Lu Han decided to finish this and quickly internalized his goody-goody image. "Hi, Chanyeol. I'd like to stay and have a chat but I still need to attend to my patient. I'm really sorry." Perfectly ending it with his signature smile.  

 

The creepy nurse blocked Lu Han's path and he hoped it wasn't noticeable how instantly his smile fell. Also, this Chanyeol person clearIy doesn't know what's the meaning of personal space. His face is basically 5 inches from his.

 

"Running away already? I'm not finished talking with you."

 

"Sorry. I really need to--"  

 

"Hey hey," Chanyeol cut him off and pressed himself even more. Due to reflex and irritation, Lu Han almost slapped him while trying to push him away. "I just had a great idea. Why don't we switch patients? Sounds fun, right? Mine sleeps a lot and is really quiet. No headaches."  

 

'You're the one giving me a headache!'  

 

"And why would I do that?" Lu Han unconciously raised his voice slightly. The smirk that the other showed only added to Lu Han's increasing annoyance. 'l can't lash out now!' He managed to remind himself.

 

"Believe me. You do not want to be there."  

 

Lu Han doesn't have the slightest idea what the other nurse meant. Ultimately deciding to leave the creepy tall nurse without a word, Lu Han shrugged him off and speedwalked to the annex. The rookie nurse stood still as he watched Lu Han disappear into the building.  

 

Everyday, since Baekhyun came, bizarre things have been happening. On top of that, he has to deal with his patient's craziness. Since when did he lived like this? He wishes that everything would go back to normal soon.  

 

Or not.

 

As soon as he reached 701, he betted he could've heard the noise with his ears closed. The two were cracking up as the comedians on television told a really lame joke. 'Did the definition of funny changed while I was gone?'

 

"I'm back." He passed the Dr. Peppers drink to Baekhyun.

 

Hearing the return of his friend and after a simple 'Hey', Yixing quickly bid goodbye and brushed past Lu Han with his head turned the other way.

 

Before the door was completely shut, Lu Han caught a glimpse of Yixing's puffy eyes but didn't call out. 'Was he crying?' 

 

Of course, there is no other suspect than the tiny boy still laughing in bed. "What did you do to him?"

 

Baekhyun glanced at the alert nurse. "I think the more appropriate question is, 'What did YOU do?'"

 

Lu Han's initial reaction was confusion but then it didn't take long before he realised and his eyes turned really wide.

"You told him something, didn't you?!"

 

"Who knows?" Baekhyun did a little shoulder shake coupled with a really high-pitched voice meant to further annoy the nurse. And he's doing a great job at it.  

 

A while ago, the Creepy Tall nurse sounded really ominous and mysterious. He was on the brink of finally believing the younger boy's claim about Chanyeol's suspicious actions. But thinking about it now, the 22-year-old now realizes what he means as he massages his temples. 'Ugh. I really don't wanna be here.' 

 

Back at the nurse's station in the main building, Yixing made sure his eyes aren't puffy and red so as not to attract anyone to ask what happened. A tall man, who is obviously not a nurse because of his all-black outfit, was leaning on his desk.  

 

He approached the said man. "Hey. I did what you told me."

 

Yixing was unsure of the reason but it felt right to whisper. Right now, he feels like James Bond or whatever.   The man who gave the 'mission' turned around coolly and Yixing could've sworn he felt a breeze smack his face. The other's charisma is overflowing!  

 

"So?"

 

"There was nothing unusual... I think." Yixing slapped himseIf virtually arguing what kind of spy uses 'I think' when reporting. He really isn't meant for spy stuff.   "I mean... Everything looked normal. No suspicious packages or anything."

 

"Good." He then eyed the nurse carefully. "And your face?"

 

He knew instantly what he meant and thought it's best not to lie. "I, uh... had a little chat with him."

 

The taller man's expression softened and it was not what Yixing expected. Tall man in black smiling warmly to himself while not-so-hiding in a nurse station is something you not quite see on a daily basis.

 

"He does that all the time."

 

"Hm?" It was slightly less than a whisper and Yixing unfortunately didn't get it.

 

"Nothing. Anyway, thank you for your help. I'll come back again." With that said, the man started to leave in a, yet again, cool manner. Yixing can only dream to have that much swag. He reached out to the man as he remembered something he wanted to ask.

 

"What is it?"

 

The smaller boy paused for a while.

 

"Next time you come, can you please come in something more normal? You look like a lost runway model."  

 

The man immediately looked at himself; wondering if it's true. "Maybe it's the height?"  

 

They both raised their shoulder. "Or the face?"  

 

In short, the man is just so inevitably gorgeous.  

 

As the gorgeous man started to leave again, Yixing apologized and asked another important question. "You didn't tell me your name... so I was wondering what I should call you."

 

The man smiled the second time for the duration of their conversation.

 

 

 

 

"You can call me Kris."

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

Yes, I'm still alive!! XD Whaddya think of the chapter? Was it confusing? Was it ok? And I'm really glad miyu-chii23 pointed out that it was mysterious xD I was really aiming for that direction ^^

And for my colorful gratitude~~ Thank you once again to my new subscribers: Anna_amiera, YeeningPenguin, QweenLocket, Lulu123, AkiChromex3, jenaflint, leehyewon, luhanass, Dreaming-yuki, honeylu, Yahooworld, bokuhebi, baekhyunie, savvyXD, taechan, nanacake, Arisa_Kurogatsu, NoBobY_KnoWs_Me, chinen, eudaimonia, samchard_chunji, PurplePanda17, Fyutii, miyu_chii23, itsmeEXOtic5ever, happysadheart888

the number never ceases to amaze me ^.^

This chapter didn't have much BaekHan/LuBaek moments but this is important so yeah, hope you understand that :) Comments will still be forever loved~ Keep it coming guys! :D Or send me a message~ I'm lonely~~ TT^TT