His Kind Words

Reveal Yourself

 

For the past 15 years, Lu Han had tried to cope with many disappointing things in his life. He wasn't always like this and he certainly didn't intend to become what he is but everything happened so fast and he couldn't stop himself from turning into nothing more than a facade.


Lu Han had long forgotten how it felt to have true friends. Unlike most, he also no longer had the luxury of getting pampered by his parents. It was his fault--he knew that very well-- but as a result, he developed a defense mechanism that he thought would prevent history from repeating itself.

 

He was given a chance to start over and Lu Han was surprised at how differently the people reacted towards him. He figured that society had the natural tendency to favor the good ones and he swore to keep his new self forever. He had to.


So it boggles Lu Han why Baekhyun could see his true nature. Truth be told, he was afraid that the pain he had locked deep inside would return. He tried to act 'normal' around him but he guessed it wasn't enough to cover his imperfection.


But...

 


Patience has a limit and Lu Han doesn't care anymore.

 


...If it's a war Baekhyun wants, it's a war he'll get.


Sending that flower bomb was the last straw. It was a good thing he wasn't around when it happened and that the explosion was not strong enough to cause the fire alarm to go off. Still, Lu Han found it annoying to remove the stains and debris from the walls of his condominium. And not to mention that brat almost blew him off with his firecrackers!


Today, he promised himself, it's payback time.

 

 




The following day, Lu Han went to the hospital with a large backpack behind him. It was rather a unique sight; a nurse dressed in all-white with a bag that looks like he'd climb a mountain. As he expected, he garnered much attention from the people inside especially his co-workers.


"Where are you going, Xiao Lu? What's with the bag?" 


"Oh nothing. I just had to bring extra stuff today, that's all." he calmly replied before making his way to the annex. Yeah, and by extra, he meant water guns, a bag of flour, raincoats for defense, a mystery contraption that even he doesn't know what it does and other various things that would help him get even with his little nasty patient.


He felt that he was really being childish but he doesn't care. For once, he would like the younger to taste his own medicine and hopefully put a stop to all his pranking shennanigans. He just wanted a peaceful working environment and a stable flow of money into his wallet; not this pain-in-the-neck patient getting on his nerves and potentially endangering his career.


Please look after your patient, okay?
 

Lu Han suddenly remembered that phrase from the redheaded man. It wasn't like he was going to do something utterly bad and despicable to the younger boy, a little bit maybe, but a different feeling clouded Lu Han's mind.
 

Enough about that, it's time for payback. As the nurse neared room 701, he reached for a trumpet because he was positive that Baekhyun would still be asleep. His hunch was proven correct when he saw tiny little Baekhyun curled up under the blanket.
 

LuHan is aware that ever since his attitude change, he became much more of a brat while making everyone  believe the total opposite. However, he does feel guilty every now and then but finds it hard to revert back to his old self.
 

...If he can even remember.
 

Lu Han! Just stop thinking! And with that he mercilessly blew on the trumpet right next to the sleeping patient's ear.
 

Baekhyun immediately shot up. "What the heck?!"

 

"How's the taste of your own medicine?" Lu Han crossed his arm and cocked his head to side. 
 

"So you've finally decided to show your true self, huh?"
 

"What are you talking about? I've never hidden my true self."
 

"Delusional." Baekhyun said as he stood from the bed. "but at least you're less sickening now." Without notice, he ran outside the door and Lu Han quickly followed. Just for one day, just one day! He wanted to reverse the situation and let all his frustrations out on his naughty patient.
 

Lu Han arrived cautiously at the rooftop and observed the surroundings. This is where a balloon came flying straight to his face but this time he'll be prepared. He reached behind his back and held on to an object, ready to pull it out when needed. He heard a swoosh sound from his right and there it was again, that annoying wat-- what the?!
 

His mini shield made from plastic made it in time to cover him but it seems like Baekhyun also leveled up his game. The water balloon he just threw was the size of a basketball! Seriously, where does he get all those?
 

"You can't defend forever. Sooner or later, you'd have to strike back." he crossed his arm and cocked his head, making fun of the nurse's earlier gesture. "so, let me see what you've got." 
 

"Just make sure you won't end up crying like a baby boy." 
 

"In your dreams." he rolled his eyes to show that whatever the older boy says, he won't be intimidated. However, that short moment he wasn't paying attention was taken by Lu Han as an opening and aimed a golf-sized balloon to the younger's left cheek. Baekhyun the area to check what kind of horrendous substance was there. To his dismay, it was ink!
 

Lu Han couldn't describe what kind of expression the smaller boy was showing. He had a smile (much more of a smirk, actually) but the aura he was emitting was a mix of frustration and enjoyment? He really does take joy in silly stuff like this. Lu Han couldn't afford to lose now, he threw another one and despite the other's evasion, it still grazed his right arm. His happiness was short-lived though as Baekhyun pulled out a slingshot and aimed a small paintball on his forehead.
 

"Great thinking on the ink but mine's more colorful, don't you think?"
 

"Hey hey hey, I still got a lot of tricks up my sleeves."
 

"But I bet none of those can beat my tricks."
 

The two then started throwing random objects at each other and trying to outdo the other. A funny combination of flour and water was also included in the list of flying things which landed on either the face or their clothes. Water guns and banana peels were soon utilized and if you didn't know better, it actually seemed like the duo were having a really great time.
 

After just a few moments, their clothes turned very dirty and they were panting a lot. Noticeably, Baekhyun's chest started to fall and rise rapidly.
 

Okay, stop. Lu Han told himself that their immaturity needs to halt. Baekhyun fell on his knees and clutched his chest. The nurse's medical senses were acting up and as much as he didn't want to help the billionaire's son because for all he knows this might all be an act, he wouldn't forgive his self if something were to happen.


His suspicion was further fortified when Baekhyun's eyes became teary and his cute puppy face scrunched up in pain. He immediately ran to his patient, "Play time's over. Let's go back to the room." 
 

He squatted in front of Baekhyun and forced him to climb onto his back. Lu Han stood up and being in that position, he could now feel the rapid heartbeat of the boy very clearly. Baekhyun took hold of the nurse's sleeve as if afraid to be in contact with him.
 

Lu Han was slightly displeased and proceeded to say, "You'll fall if you don't hold on to me tighter."
 

Baekhyun shook his sleeves like a horseman trying to make the horse move. He was surprised when Lu Han's grip loosened and he feared that he'd fall. Quickly, he wrapped his arms around the older's neck. A small smile played on the nurse's lips.
 

He wasted no time and went back to room 701 and helped Baekhyun calm down.
 

"So, how are you feeling?" he asked.
 

"Much... better." the boy replied meekly.
 

"I'm sorry. I got caught up in my little revenge I forgot to give you your medicines." he apologized and Baekhyun couldn't believe his ears. He made no comment whatsoever and just nodded his head.
 

"It's ok." he unconsciously scratched his nose. "It was fun anyway."
 

Lu Han looked carefully at Baekhyun before he admitted that he had fun too. The patched of black ink, colored stains and many more took Lu Han's attention and he decided to do something about it. He rummaged through his bag and pulled out a towel and a bar of soap. "Don't talk."
 

He then dragged the younger boy into the bathroom and rinsed the towel with the soap. Lu Han gently scrubbed the big stain on his face and Baekhyun was yet again bewildered at the other's actions. 
 

"I didn't use permanent ink so this shouldn't be hard to remove." 
 

Baekhyun stared at him, wide-eyed and obviously doubtful.
 

"What?! I'm telling the truth!"
 

"Nothing. I'm just not used to seeing you like this." 
 

"Like what?" Lu Han moved his towel to Baekhyun's nose. "...kind? Caring?"
 

He raised one of his brows, openly showing his ‘hostility’ to Baekhyun. Unaware of it himself, he didn’t mind anymore if the boy gets to see this side. "Well, that's what I was supposed to be. Get used to it. If you hadn't been so nosy, you wouldn't have to see it."
 

"Supposed to be? I don't get it." Baekhyun said as he closed his eyes because Lu Han had moved to cleaning his forehead. "I like the Lu Han right now."
 

The older boy's hand froze.

 

“I don’t know why you have to pretend.”

 

This was the first time he ever heard those words. For a while, Lu Han felt relief and believed that he could finally put an end to this cowardly game of his. The feeling was overwhelming but he tried to suppress it. He can’t let the walls he so carefully built between around him crumble just because of one stupid sentence.

 

“Whatever.” That one word didn’t sound as confident as Lu Han wanted it to be.

 

Awkward silence ensued and the cleaning up just continued on. The usually talkative Baekhyun didn’t make a sound and let the nurse remove various mess on his visible skin. When he was almost done, he thankfully noticed the minimal splatter of blue acrylic behind his neck. “Ah, almost missed this one.”

 

Lu Han used his bare hand to wash off the stain, knowing that the substance can easily be removed by water. Baekhyun jolted and it surprised him.

 

“I-I’ll take care of the rest!” the young boy snatched the towel and pushed the nurse away.

 

Aha.

 

A devilish grin crept its way to the flawless man’s face. He just found his trump card.

 

Baekhyun was fidgety and avoided making eye contact with his hyung.

 

“I think someone’s a little sensitive.”

 

“Huh? Isn’t everyone sensitive on that part?” He tried to look for a way out. He stood—doing whatever he can to save him from impending doom.

 

Swift hands quickly find their way to a sensitive neck and Baekhyun’s shoulders raised in an attempt to prevent the attacker from further contact with his skin. Lu Han immensely found this new-found knowledge so enjoyable and he considered that maybe he should change his favourite past time from now on.

 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was in a dilemma; he knew he should be angry at the sudden turn of events but he can’t really do anything about it if his nerves want to explode from laughter. He wanted to resist but his limbs just freeze over.

 

Thank the heavens, though, Lu Han voluntarily ceased his assault.

 

“You should change your clothes before the chairman accidentally sees you. My image will--!”

 

Baekhyun waves his left hand and disregarded the concern thrown at him. “Yeah, yeah.”

 

Lu Han handed the spare clothes he prepared beforehand and went outside the bathroom, mumbling something about also cleaning himself up.

 

Somehow, Lu Han felt unexplainably refreshed and admitted that he’s gotten fonder of the boy. He wanted to be honest with himself from this point onwards…

 

“Thank you, Byun Baekhyun, for your kind words.” He softly whispers in his native tongue.

 

 

 

 

 

A few days later, the pranks have stopped and the two have resumed a normal nurse-patient relationship. Ah, good times, good times. Lu Han mentioned inside his head.

 

Yes, another normal day. My life’s a lot easier like this. No flying water balloons and the like.

 

Lying still on the bed, Baekhyun played with his new Samsung S3 (since he just casually broke his previous phone by throwing it to the floor). It didn’t last long, however, as he slammed it on the bedside table. “I’m dying of boredom.”

 

Lu Han was quick to answer the statement. “Please don’t do anymore of those pranks.”

 

“When can I go?” he whined as he rolled to and fro the rather large bed.

 

That was also a mystery to Lu Han. Baekhyun is obviously getting better but the hospital still hasn’t discharged him. Were they keeping him for the money? That’s just sly. “I don’t know.” Lu Han shrugged. “But if you ask me, you’d be out of here after just 2-3 days.”

 

“I did. I just asked you.”

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes and continued. “Your health is stable and the last time you had an asthma attack was when we had that World War on the rooftop. But! That was because you strained yourself too much. You have your inhalers, right? Then there shouldn’t be any problem.”

 

Baekhyun made an adorably cute crying face while trashing about. “Ugh! Boring! I command thee, god of Boredom, to go away!”

 

The nurse went for the door to leave his patient in his own tantrums but as soon as he stepped outside. A little commotion crowded the room three doors away from theirs. Lu Han hushed Baekhyun. “Hey, we have a neighbour.”

 

Effectively grabbing the younger’s attention, he stood up and peeked. His eyes widened when he saw who the person was.

 

“That’s the CEO of one of Dad’s rivals, Mr. Choi. What happened?”

 

The question was left unanswered when a towering male nurse caught their eyes. He turned and specifically stared at Baekhyun, eyes twitching while smiling incredibly wide. Shivers ran down his spine. “Eeh! Creepy!”

 

The nurse beside Baekhyun was deep in thought. “I haven’t seen that nurse before. I’m pretty sure I’m familiar with everyone.”

 

“Cocky one, aye? What if he’s just a new employee you haven’t met?”

 

“Oh come on; a very important person like him in the hands of a newbie?”

 

“Whatever. I don’t care.”

 

 

This has the word ‘strange’ written all over the place and Lu Han has this awful gut feeling.

 

His senses were very uneasy but he didn’t make a big deal out of it.

 

Why am I feeling so uneasy?

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey? *hides under rock*

It's reee~ally been a while. I'm sorry... I procrastinated and I just couldn't bring myself to type this chapter. Mian~ but finally an update! :D 

So any comments on this chapter? Was it confusing? Ok? Great? Everything I write seems alright with me since the idea sprouted from mind but I'll never know how the readers feel. Yep, and constructive criticisms would help me to improve :"> 

Since the last update, I'm surprised and happy at the same time that I have new subscribers! *cries*

babypeach, 0mahsa0, reitaholic, eggyeolk, kitten83, buraczq, argenteo, Belgian-ELF, helloimrayn, BuniChii, MiowMiao, ChoomNami, pikachubread, ShineBFIsland501, DiLa98, byunsejin-, 5a8ina, Twinkle_star, kpOpChAnG, taeminamja, lily191, heyitsleaahh, Channiesgirl123, Shiyomi95, blackrabbit89, gothiscinsan, AllotropyEquilibria, nyunyanyun, jstfyi, anELFishb2ty, 0312_luLuEXOtics, xCookieCrunchx,  YakiManduUnicorn, park-hyojin, FantasyMythology, sehunn, Kris-C25, ttdoki

...and to all other readers!

I'm so sorry for updating like a turtle! >_<

 

on other news, I'm happy that BaekHan has made an appearance in Idol Olympics :)) and if I'm not wrong, there are more people shipping it now? :D

 

   

(i found all the pics on tumblr)

they're so cute!!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D

and hopefully my next update won't as long as 5 months ^^;

PS! i'm kinda new on kakaotalk and i don't have much friends =.=; so whoever has a kakaotalk, you can add me! Talking to new people is always refreshing~ plus you can bug me to write the next chapter haha!! xD

my ID is ichoosepeace

see y'all there!

comments~ <3