Chapter 2: A Very Happy Birthday [It's REALLY my BIRTHDAY today as WELL.. jtyltk] ;)

Pathway To Love

[wondering what JTYLTK means?? --> "Just Thought You'd Like To Know] ;) ENJOY READING && PLEASE SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!! --namtswb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Darani dear, Halemoni made your favorite soup this morning… wash up and come eat while it’s still warm”….

“Neh Halemoni. I’ll come down in 30 mins” I answered…

This is the day that I dread the most. It is my birthday alright… but it still hurts me so much deep inside. I took my parent’s picture from my nightstand.

“Appa, Umma… I miss you two so much…”-I can feel my tears forming-“it’s a surprise huh? Why did you decide to surprise me like this?” I quietly asked with a tear strolling down my cheek. “It has been 12 years now since you two left me… and aniyo… I’m not mad at you two. I just wish that you two were still here with me… possibly in our old province… in our cottage…” I sniffled. “But, I know that you two are watching over me… remember that I love you two... Arraso?” I wiped my tears… and faintly smiled… “I will live my life to the fullest and remember that I, Cha Darani, your daughter, will live to make you two proud of me.” I looked at my parent’s picture once again.. hugged it, and finally dragged myself out of bed to wash up.

 

Myungsoo POV

“Myungsoo-ah! Get up hun” Umma knocked.

“Right now? Please, just 5 more minutes..” I shouted from my bed. I’ve been running errands non-stop for my Appa. Within these past few days I’ve been in and out, and lacked my precious hours of SLEEPING.

“Aniyo… you still have to accompany your Halemoni to her friend’s today remember?” Umma spoke from outside my bedroom door.

~ Eottokke? Today? Aish… it to be the son, wait I meant the ONLY child… I’m always occupied and I haven’t had enough time to myself these days… I better get up now… 

 

Darani POV

“Good morning Miss. Darani” the caretaker ajumma Chua greeted me while I took my seat at the breakfast table.

I eyed her again… then smiled “Ajumma, what did I say about calling me my name properly?” I asked.

“Well, I do have to follow orders” the ajumma Chua responded, smiling to my grandparents.

I smiled… and once again told ajumma Chua “Aniyo, please don’t be too formal. Just call me Darani. Ajumma has always taken care of me ever since I came in and lived with Harebulji and Halemoni, and so, we are just like family. I am so grateful for you.”

“Aigoo... It sure feels wonderful to see you grow up so beautifully… 12 years… and you sure are beautiful.” Ajumma Chua hugged me.

“Darani, my dearest granddaughter, what are your plans for today?” Harebulji asked me.

“I plan to go out early this morning and visit my parents.” I smiled and looked up towards my grandparents.

“Darani-ah, you don’t have to go today, besides the ceremony won’t start until tomorrow, and my friend will be over to help me prepare for the event. Besides spend some time with Jouakih today. She called earlier.” Halemoni said.

I should be having fun on my birthday right? Anyhow, I wanted to visit the two precious people in my life. To assure Halemoni, I responded “Neh. I will call her later.” And we finished our breakfast.

I got to my room again, and found a missed call from my best friend Jouakih. Ever since I moved into Seoul, my first friend was Jouakih. I owe her soo much. I dialed back…

“Darani-ah! Sek-chuk-a-ham-nida!” Jouakih squealed.

“Neh. Thanks.” I answered.

“What are your plans for today?” Jouakih asked.

“well… Harebulji and Halemoni insisted that I celebrate my birthday today… I planned to visit my parents today…” I told her.

“deh? You want me to come along?” Jouakih asked. She knew that I do this every year, and asked to tag along.

And as the usual… I answer : “Aniyo. I’ll be back before you know it!”

I ended the conversation with Jouakih, and prepared to go out to visit my parents… until I bumped into someone….

  that  

Myungsoo POV

“Halemoni, we are here now.” I got out of the car, and helped Halemoni out.

We walked up the Cha’s residence pathway to their front door, and while I was looking around the front porch of their house, I bumped into someone.

“Mian-“ I looked down…. And saw the most beautiful girl…

“Aniyo.. it was my fault. Mianhae. I was in a rush.” The girl said and bowed. “Annyo Halemoni.” She said to my Halemoni, bowed 90-degrees to Halemoni as well, and walked to the car awaiting in the driveway.

An aged Halemoni came to the dining room and greeted us, “Minki-ah! I am so grateful that you are able to come help me today. My granddaughter just left, she doesn’t know about the surprise party that you and I are planning for her. Thank-you” she said to my Halemoni.

My Halemoni answered “Neh, I’m not even doing anything. It’s good that I can keep myself occupied….Omo, was the girl who just walked out your granddaughter?”

~~ YES! Halemoni asked what I wanted to know~~

“Oh Darani-ssi? Neh, that’s my granddaughter. She’s turned 22 today on the 23rd of May. My granddaughter's parents, my son and daughter-in-law passed away on her birthday 12 years ago. Its still heart-breaking to see her go through all this pain at such a young age.” The Halemoni answered.

“Omo… my condolences. This is my grandson, Myungsoo. In fact, our Myungsoo is also 22… well, he turned 22 a few months ago on March 13.” My Halemoni told Darani-ssi’s Halemoni.

~~ was my Halemoni up to something?~~

 “whoa…” the Halemoni said… “you sure are one good looking kid. You’re one fine gentleman” she said to me.

 “awwww.. thanks. According to my Halemoni, she might find it the opposite about me.” I joked.

Both my Halemoni and Darani-ssi’s Halemoni continued to chat while I kept myself occupied.. thinking about those eyes…

eyesFLASHBACK::Darani walking towards the car...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY!! First 2 subscribers…. THANKS to Ppyong-Ppyong & SujuElfSS501Fan4Life ! This is totally nerve-wrecking…. I wanted to get this birthday update for Darani because it is also MY birthday today!! ENJOY!! PLEASE!! COMMENT!! NO SILENT READERS PLEASE!! I'm looking forward to SOME FEEDBACK!

 

 

 

 

~namtswb