Walking, Not Enough

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing.

[A/N Guys, I was almost done with this chapter when I stupidly erased all of it as I was about to submit it about an hour ago. Anyways, I really wanted to write this chapter as soon as possible because the last 5 were only them observing and meeting. So, here you go, My Lovelies~!!!!!]

Amber POV

I couldn't help laughing again.

This time from relief.

"Taemin-ah1! You nearly scared me half to death!!!" I chuckled nervously while I fumbled with my hair, trying to make it look a little bit presentable. I gave up as he was opening the door to the dance practice room, him saying quietly, ".....Sorry,"  almost at a whisper. An awkward silence followed, with me unsuccessfully trying to cover it up by giggling nervously into my hand. "So.... How long have you been standing outside the hallway?" I asked, finally, after seconds of debating in my mind whether I wanted to know the answer to my question or not, my resignation to my fate of teasing won out, paired with my immense curiosity. "Oh!, well I haven't actually been here that long, I was really walking to the elevators while listening to my IPod when I took my earphones out and I heard music, I thought I had left the speakers on, so I turned back and found you laughing in a room by yourself, like a crazy person. I didn't mean to scare you, honest," He said, fast, glancing side to side a little and laughing a bit. "...Okay," I thought he was lying, but I let it go since it seemed he didn't want to talk about, plus, he didn't seem interested in ratting me out to anyone. I turned around again to grab my stuff, put my hoodie and my cap on to avoid the night's cold, and headed to where Taemin was, by the door. "Well? Shouldn't we go home now?" I said, trying to speed him along. He didn't answer me, so I bent my head and looked up at him from under his chin, where he was looking down. "Taemin? Let's go home?" I said opening my eyes a little wide in worry. Taemin seemed to snap from under his reverie automatically as he glanced at me, saying quickly, "Yeah, let's go home. It's really late," Taemin opened the door fast, holding it open for me while I exited the room, where he turned the lights off and closed the door. We approached the elevator and got inside in silence, until Taemin spoke up, "I'll walk you home. It's dark, and it's bad for a girl to walk home this late, don't stay here so late unless I'm here, okay?" He said, his eyes determined, while he glanced at me sideways on the elevator, protective.

I couldn't help but feel touched by his gesture, so I smiled quietly while I blushed a little "Gomawo2, Taemin" I said, looking into his eyes, and he turned away, his expression unreadable. I frowned a bit, was he feeling alright? But the elevator had already stopped and we were getting off, the moment gone for me to question him.

We exited the building in a comfortable silence, him looking straight ahead while I looked at my feet, glancing up at him once in a while, a question written on my face. He must've noticed, because he said, "What is it?" while glancing down a little at me, he was taller, of course. "Oh... well I was wondering what you were doing in the building in the first place, with it being so late and all," I said, embarrassed, while I smiled a bit and grabbed the back of my neck. He smiled, "I was practicing, just like you were. Except I wasn't laughing like a maniac" He teased. "Yah3!" I yelled and laughed a bit, smacking his arm jokingly, him laughing and smiling widely. The atmosphere got a lot better, and we walked in silence once more, except I now was watching the stars, wondering how many where up there. All of a sudden, he shook me a little, "Hey, want some bubble tea? My treat," He asked, his eyes a little wide in question. "Yeah, that would be nice, thanks" I said, only now noticing how thirsty I was. He ducked into a store in the corner of the street we were walking on,.I was standing outside the door leaning on the wall, when he came back with two water bottles. We drank our water quietly, walking again, and I saw the park that was across the street to my dorms, his dorms still a little further away, "Hey, want to swing in the park a little? We won't take long," I asked, hopefully, while he seemed to consider my question, furrowing his brows a bit.

"Okay," He agreed, "Alright!" I said, excitedly, while I grabbed his hand and half ran, half dragged him to the swings. He laughed at my enthusiasm and let me do as I wished. We reached the swings and I let go of his hands to sit down on one of the two seats.

I left my stuff beside me while I started to swing myself slowly, looking up to the sky and drinking the last of my water. Taemin stood in front of me, his hands in his pockets. I laughed at how awkward he looked, and he smiled nervously at me. I beckoned him closer, and he frowned at me and did as I told. When he was towering in front of me, I said, "Push me," and pointed to my back. He smiled a bit at me, then moved to push me. He left his bag beside mine,and pushed me softly, as if he didn't want to hurt me, and I laughed loudly. "It's okay, Taemin. Push me higher!" I yelled a bit, not scared that anyone would hear me because the park was deserted. He obliged, pushing me closer to the stars, while I began to laugh louder, letting out a cheer every now and then. He eventually slowed down, him laughing too because of my childishness, then he sat down on the swing beside me, looking up with a wide smile on his face. He looked at me again, and said, "Let's go home now, otherwise we probably won't get any sleep." I nodded tiredly, my eyes drooping a little, the swinging, fast as it was, had lulled me into a warm sleepiness. He noticed, and grabbed my arm to help me get up. He didn't let go of my arm, and I was sleepy enough to not care. So, I leaned my head a little on his shoulder. He grabbed my bag and his and shrugged them both onto his shoulder. We exited the park in silence, reaching my dorms across the street. We went inside the building and up to the elevator, where he pressed the button to go up to the 15th floor. I was nearly unconscious then, almost heavily asleep on his shoulder.

I felt someone brush away my bangs, and I opened my eyes slowly. "We're here, Amber," Taemin smiled down at me, and I smiled back sleepily.

 He urged me forward from the elevator and down the hallway to f(x)'s apartment, where I fumbled with my bags to find my keys. When I found my keys, I frustratingly tried to open the door, to no success. Taemin laughed, then grabbed my keys and opened the door himself. I stepped inside to the living room, and he came in and set my bag near the shoe rack. He was about to leave when I surprised myself by saying, "Thanks for tonight, Taemin. I really needed that." I smiled genuinely. He looked a bit confused, but still smiled at me, "You're welcome,Amber. Go to your room and go to sleep, don't sleep on the couch." He scolded a bit, and I laughed quietly. "Okay, Mom" I mocked him, and he broke into a grin. He turned to exit, and I went with him to lock the door. "Goodnight, Amber." He said, looking back at me, happy. "Goodnight, Taemin." I said, equally as happy. He left with his bag set on his shoulder, and I locked the door. I heard the lock click, then I walked to my room. I saw that Luna was up, sitting on her bed and smiling at me mischievously. "Why did Taemin drop you off, Unnie?" She questioned, her arms crossed over her chest. "Ugh, Luna. Can't this wait until tomorrow? I'm beat." I whined quietly, getting undressed quickly and putting on my pajamas. "No! Now dish!" She exclaimed, trying to contain her excitement and trying to be quiet at the same time. "Nooo........tomorrow..." I said, tucked into my bed, the warm sheets lulling me into sleep. I think she protested some more, but I was long gone to care about what she was saying.

 The night had been perfect, and Taemin had only made it better.

 

1: Like a honorific of sorts, doesn't really affect the story; A bit formal.

2: "Thank You" in Korean.

3: "Hey!" in Korean, like in protests or reproach.

 

[A/N Taiyou: AAAHHHH~!!! HOW DID YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER?!?!?! IT'S SO SWEET AND CUTE, I LOVE IT~!!! LOL, I think I made Taemin a bit too sweet, but who cares?!?! HE'S ADORABLE~!!! UGH~!!! I WISH I WAS AMBER~!!! LOL, NEXT IS TAEMIN'S POV, AND AFTERWARDS IS MINHO'S POV~!!! *FANFARE ENSUES* I really liked this chapter, and I wish you guys would tell me your favorite part. I'm writing the next chapter right now, but I don't know if I will update tonight again. I will update tomorrow definitely, though~!!!

Lots of Love, and Happy Reading~!!!!!]