So near, yet so far

Intertwined

 

Donghae’s POV

Good thing that Leeteuk hyung and Wookie didn’t notice that I was tearing already.

“A simple good night would’ve erased everything. But even that he couldn’t give it to me?”… I told myself.

 We all went to our respective rooms.  I sat on the bed, stared at the window and just let all the tears fall from my face.  I hate this feeling.  A few hours had passed and I still couldn’t bring myself to sleep.  Went out to the kitchen and grabbed myself a cup of hot tea.  I sat there for awhile.  My mind’s battling between finishing the tea and forcing myself to sleep or go to Hyuk’s room and sleep there, because I know for a fact that I can only sleep when my mind and my heart know that Hyuk and I are ok.

End of POV.

While busy with his own thoughts, someone gave him a nudge on the shoulder. It’s Heechul.

“What did Hyuk did this time?” Heechul asked.  He knows Donghae too well, and Hae is not the person to lie to his hyungs.  He told him everything and when he was done.  Heechul patted him on the back and said, “ He’s not going anywhere Donghae-shi.  Don’t suffocate him or else you’ll end up pushing him away”.

Heechul made sense.  Honestly, Donghae knows that he’s irrational at times.  And he’s lucky that Hyukjae is really patient with him.  But as Heechul said, it’ll only take time for him to get fed up and just leave him.  That’s a realization that Donghae couldn’t live with. 

But the real question is how will he be able to let go of the jealousy and insecurities that’s been eating him up?  He could only think of one thing… Avoid Hyukjae at all costs.  Just so he can get used to the whole “not suffocating Hyuk part”. 

Eunhyuk’s POV.

It’s been almost 2 weeks now since that incident happened and I’m surprised that Hae didn’t even say anything about it.  Actually, he’s being cold to me lately.  He still says hi to me and sits beside me but he doesn’t go to my room anymore to sleep or doesn’t even wake me up.  Really weird. 

Siwon even asked me if everything was ok between us.  I could only say “ I think so” but I wasn’t really sure myself.  Our skinships during the past 2 concerts were the same.  I think they’re even getting better because we’re already too comfortable with each other.  But after the concert, he changes back to being aloof and quiet. 

End of POV.

Hyukjae was about to enter SM building when he saw his hyungs, Leeteuk and Heechul talking at the parking area.  Heechul noticed him too and signaled to wait for him. When they were done talking, he approached Hyukjae.

“We need to talk”.