Junsu's Letter

The Letter

A few hours later, the door to the JYJ’s quiet dorm suddenly burst open effectively waking up the maknae who had fallen asleep on the couch.

“Charisma Su has arrived!”

A pillow effectively hit the newcomer on the face and a loud dolphin shriek was heard making both YunHo and Jaejoong run from the kitchen to the living room.

“Su!” “Su-ie!”

Junsu picked the pillow lying on his feet and stomped towards the couch where an innocently smiling Changmin was laying.

“Why did you throw that pillow on my face?!”

“Oh is that you Junsu hyung? I thought you were a noisy neighbor or something”

Junsu threw the pillow on the still smiling maknae and glared, “I mentioned my name you food monster!”

“Oh you did? I heard something like schematic or automatic earlier. Hyung, you could have just said duck so I could have easily guessed that it was you.”

“Ya!!!!”

YunHo cleared his throat and Jaejoong chuckled making the two youngest stop. Jaejoong patted the leader’s shoulder signaling that he would go back to the kitchen to continue cooking. YunHo smiled at the lead singer then turned a stern look at the younger members, “No fighting alright? We can’t waste our time together like this.”

“Yes hyung…” “Neh”

YunHo ruffled Junsu’s hair earning a wide smile from the latter. The maknae positioned himself back on the couch and grabbed the pillow Junsu attempted to hit him with. With a charming grin directed towards the leader, Changmin settled on the bunch of pillows.

“YunHo hyung, please wake me up when it’s time to eat. I’m sleepy.”

YunHo nodded and patted the head of the maknae who was slowly drifting back to sleep. Junsu looked around and frowned, “Where’s Chunnie?”

“He went out a while ago…”

The younger gasped, “What? But it’s snowing outside and that chicken face have asthma!”

“I’m not sure why Su, when Min and I came he was already about to go out and we had no time to ask why.”

Junsu was about to say something else but the HoSu talk was interrupted by a shout from the kitchen, “Yunnie! Can you help reach the chili powder? Yoochun placed it on the top shelf again!”

“Be there in a sec!”

YunHo winked at the younger member and whispered, “Gotta go…wife calling.”

“But hyung…”

The leader patted Junsu’s shoulder and smiled, “he said he would be back later…not sure when though. Sit down and relax Su, it’s almost midnight. We’ll eat then.”

Junsu watched as his YunHo hyung jogged to the kitchen to help his BooJae. He sighed loudly and looked at the door of Yoochun’s room, somehow he has been getting this mental image that the composer is somewhere outside freezing. Shaking his head lightly, Junsu decided to place the things he was holding (the member’s presents) inside his room. Careful not to wake the maknae, Junsu quietly made his way to his assigned room and opened the door.

Placing the presents somewhere close to his closet, Junsu stretched and plopped messily on his bed. He felt a weird pull of sleepiness washing over him as he just had very few hours of sleep that day. He had been planning since after Christmas but it looks like he won’t be able to execute it because of a certain missing person.

Junsu turned to his side and glanced at the pictures on his bedside table. He smiled when he saw the one in the middle…it was a picture of them in New York. Yoochun’s arm was on his waist and both have silly smiles on their faces…Su giggled when he remembered Yooochun’s flustered face when Jaejoong declined the invitation to eat out with a smirk, “I don’t want to disrupt YooSu time. Have fun kids! Chunnie go easy on Susu, okay?”

As he stretched to get the photo, Junsu saw a blue envelope with dolphin prints and he immediately knew that it was for him. Intrigued, the singer sat up and grabbed the letter from the bed side table. His heart started doing backflips and cartwheels when he recognized the neat handwriting of Yoochun on the paper. He slowly opened the letter and read…

My lovely duckbutt,

I know you are surprised because of this letter. I dont look like the type of guy who does stuff like this… actually, I really dont do stuff like this but Im making an exception for you.

Junsu paused reading the letter and buried his head on his pillow to hide the unmanly giggle he made before continuing to read the letter.

Ya! Stop giggling! I havent even started yet…ahem… as I was writing… it has been a few years since we have met hasnt it? Who would have known that the two most awkward members of Dongbangshinki would eventually be as close as we are now?  Everyone knew that the two of us are polar opposites and the only thing binding us are our love for music which proven to be enough in the end.

I want you to know that Im proud to be your best friend. Aside from being the best in Asia, behind the cameras you are the strong Su that I admire the most. In these troubling times, you have been my sunshine…amongst the three of us, you were the one who kept the faith at most.  You kept positive even though things seemed helpless… it was you, the youngest of us three who became our pillar of strength.

Ah Im rambling… Im sorry… the first two paragraphs doesnt actually relate much to what Im going to say next…I mean all of it though. Forgive me for being vague, this isnt easy at all. The thing is… I havent been completely honest with you, Su-ie… I did promise to not keep a secret from you but back then I thought this was the best idea. But as time goes by, I feel that Im slowly getting restless and its taking a toll on my work and on me.

You see, I have fallen in love with someone who has teardrop shaped eyes, cute button nose, y S-line and famous duck . He also happens to be the best friend who I treasure the most. Since I know youre kind of slow, yeah… I am in love with you Kim Junsu.

Ah Ive finally said it… I know that what you feel for me is nothing more than a best friend /band mate and I accept that. I am not asking for you to return the feelings I have for you so dont feel guilty. Nothing of this is your fault anyway; I am pretty much satisfied to just stay by your side.

I hope you would understand the reason why I am not around at the time you read this letter. I wanted to give you enough time to think (so you wont be awkward around me when you finally find out about my feelings) and I need time to digest my decision to let my feelings go.

Yeah I finally decided to let go of the love I have for you because I know you enough that Im sure you would be thinking of ways on how to make it up to me despite the fact that I told you not to worry. Im just somewhere close by so dont worry, Im a grown boy already. Ill be back after midnight with a new resolution.

P.S. I know I said I will forget my feelings for you as the new year comes in but let me say this… for the first and last time. I love you Kim Junsu… with all my heart and soul.

Yours then and now,

Yoochun

With reflex even Junsu didn’t know he had, he stood and stormed out of the room… he ran back to place the letter he dropped into the drawer of his bedside table before running out of the room. He grabbed his jacket and went past YunHo who was about to fetch the younger ones.

“Where are you going? It’s just 10 minutes before the new year…”

Junsu’s eyes widened and he bit his lip, “10 minutes…I need to go hyung… I can’t explain now…I’m sorry…”

YunHo watched as Junsu opened the door and hastily ran out, “I wonder what happened to him…”

“He’s trying to fix his love life…”

YunHo turned and looked questioningly at the maknae who yawned…”Is the food ready hyung?”

The leader just shook his head and smiled at the youngest, “yeah… BooJae’s setting the table. Get up Min.”

“Yey! New Year food!”

=========================================================================

Yoochun rolled his sleeve and looked at his watch, “last 2 minutes… I guess I better start walking back to the dorm, I‘m starting to get hungry…”

He stood and adjusted his scarf so it now covers half of his face again. The composer stared at the stars and tilted his cap, “Thank you Cassiopeia for accompanying me while I waited. Even though my heart is broken right now… you will help me heal right?”

Satisfied with the twinkling of the constellation as an answer, Yoochun arranged his cap and placed his gloved hands into the pockets of his jacket… “One more minute… goodbye love of more than 7 years…it’s time to move on.”

Yoochun was about to take a step away from the bench he was sitting on, he heard a very familiar voice… “Don’t you dare make a single step away!”

Yoochun sighed and lifted his foot, “Oh great! Now I’m hearing things…”

“Park Yoochun! I swear if you take one step away, I will tell everybody that you own a pink bunny designed boxer!”

The composer stilled and slowly turned, face completely devoid of color…”J-Junsu?”

Junsu stopped beside the composer and placed both hands on his knees as he tried to calm his breathing. “Y-you stupid chicken face…making me run all the… way here…”

“W-why are you here? H-how did you find me?”

Junsu straightened and smiled ignoring the previous questions, “did I make it?”

The fireworks started to go off behind Yoochun signaling the New Year and he turned around to marvel at the different colors and different designs of the fireworks.

“Ya! Yoochun!!!! You ruined the plans I’ve made since Christmas then you made me rush here and yet you have the guts to ignore me!”

Yoochun slightly jumped at Junsu’s tone and he reluctantly tore his eyes away from the colorful fireworks to gaze into the younger man‘s eyes, “I…this is a…dream, isn’t it? I must have fallen asleep on the bench and then I acquired a high fever due the exposure to extreme cold.”

Junsu sighed and flicked a finger on the composer’s forehead, “seriously Chunnie…what do you think?”

“Ow! That hurt! So… this is not a dream? T-that‘s really you?”

The smile re Junsu’s face, “So…I did make it right?”

Yoochun’s dimples had made their existence known as he nodded and walked closer to Junsu, “I can’t believe you are really here.”

“Is it really hard to believe?”

“Well yeah… cause I thought that you would never even look at me again after you read my letter…”

Yoochun moved to hug Junsu but the latter crossed his arms and pouted, “Aren’t you going to say something?”

“Do I have to? You already read it right?”

“That’s not enough… I want to hear it from you.”

Yoochun wrapped his arms around the man he loves, “I love you Kim Junsu… with all my heart and soul…”

Junsu hugged back and smiled, “I love you too…”

“So… are we…”

Junsu let out his famous laugh and gave Yoochun a peck on his lips, “Happy New Year lover…”

“Happy New Year Baby Su…”

Junsu caressed Yoochun’s cheek and frowned, “you’re cold… we need to go back to the dorm. Tch... What ever possessed you to wait here in the open”

“I’m sorry…”

Junsu lightly pushed Yoochun away, “Sorry my ...”

Yoochun wiggled his eyebrows and grabbed Junsu’s hand, “I love your .”

“ert.”

“Only to you babe”

Junsu allowed Yoochun to lead him to their apartment, “Chunnie… if I didn’t make it on midnight, were you really going to forget your feelings for me?”

Yoochun smiled sadly, “yeah…I would rather have you as a best friend than lose you completely.”

“Good thing I made it then…”

The composer stopped and gave a light kiss on Junsu’s palm, “I’m glad you made it.”

“How you go from emo to greasy to romantic that fast is a mystery to me…”

Yoochun’s laugh echoed at the empty park and the new lovers made their way back to their shared apartment.

“Chunnie I just realized…”

”Hm?”

“It’s our year…”

“Because we finally became lovers?”

“Nope! Because I was born on the year of the rabbit and you are my Chunnie bunny.”

Yoochun chuckled, “yeah… it’s our year.”