Heading to L.A.

I will Wait.

 

“Hey,” a red eyed Tiffany greeted Taeyeon once she opened the front door, “were you crying unnie?” she asked while staring at Taeyeon’s red Rudolph nose, “I told you it was no use to talk with Joonmyeon.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer her but instead walked in and made her way to her room, “Unnie!” Tiffany shouted but still Taeyeon didn’t stop. Once Taeyeon stepped inside her room, she shut the door and fell down on her bed. She couldn’t believe what just happened 5 minutes ago. 5 minutes ago, Kim Joonmyeon, the hoobae that had suddenly caught her attention after their showcase confessed to her that she was the one he had eyes at the very beginning. 5 minutes ago, she had slapped Kim Joonmyeon in the face for sputtering out nonsense. 5 minutes ago…seemed like it just happened a second ago. Taeyeon took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, “What just happened?” she asked herself.

 

“I don’t know unnie, you tell me,” Sunny’s voice was heard from behind her. Taeyeon looked up behind her and saw the short blond hair girl standing there with her arms crossed over her chest, “Tiffany unnie told me that there was something wrong with you,” the shorter girl said and advanced towards Taeyeon. Once she got closer to Taeyeon, she bent down a little bit to observe Taeyeon’s face, “Were you crying?”

 

Taeyeon pushed Sunny slightly away from her, “What if I was?”

 

Sunny cocked an eyebrow up, “Well, if you don’t feel like talking about it then it’s perfectly fine with me,” Sunny simply stated and faced her back towards Taeyeon. She made her way to the closet and started to search for a shirt, “Tiffany told me everything.”

 

Taeyeon kept silent while staring at her blanket like it was the most interesting piece of invention ever made. Sunny looked behind her before turning her attention back to her clothes, “I knew their relationship wasn’t going to work out.”

 

“You did?”

 

“Yeah, after all the way Joonmyeon looked at Tiffany was different from the way he looked at you.”

 

“So…so…so you knew?”

 

Sunny chuckled, “It was obvious that he had a crush on you at the very start pabo.”

 

Taeyeon pouted, “I guess I was too dense?”

 

Sunny pulled out a baby blue blouse, “Who knows? Maybe,” she stated and went to the mirror to place it in front of the shirt she had on at the moment.

 

“What should I do Sunny?” Taeyeon asked with a loud sigh. She had her back and was observing her fingers one by one.

 

Sunny shrugged, “Follow your heart?”

 

“That’s easy for you to say,” Taeyeon puffed out her cheeks, “I don’t want to hurt Tiffany.”

 

“Yeah that’s also true.”

 

“You’re not helping me much here Sunny,” Taeyeon complained and sat up in her bed, “by the way, no for that blouse.”

 

Sunny looked at Taeyeon, “Yeah that’s what I was thinking too,” she said with a grin and walked back to the closet, “Tiffany is a person who is very understandable, I’m sure Tiffany wouldn’t mind if you and Joonmyeon suddenly start dating.”

 

“Sunny!”

 

Sunny laughed, “I was joking,” she placed the blouse back into the closet and spun around to face Taeyeon this time, “Why don’t you…let the both of them be for awhile and see what you can do from there?”

 

Taeyeon sighed and hung her head, “I guess that’s the only thing I can do right now.”

“Or, you can simply accept Joonmyeon’s feelings and…”

 

“No Sunny, that’s the last thing I’ll do,” Taeyeon said and fell back onto the bed, “but thanks for the help though.”

 

“No problem, I’m always glad to help,” Sunny said and spun around to find a blouse.

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung, Jessica, and Sunny will head off to L.A. first while the rest of you girls will come on the 19th,” SNSD’s manager told them while looking through their schedule.

 

“Aww oppa, why not just let us go with the rest of them?” Jessica complained.

 

“That’s because Jessica, we don’t want to.”

“What?!”

 

“Jessie stop,” Taeyeon ordered, “you girls go on ahead, we’ll catch up with you three when we get to L.A.”

 

“But Taeyeon,” Jessica ran up to Taeyeon and hooked her arms with her leader, “It’ll be too much of a hassle for you guys, I mean, you guys get there on the 19th and then rehearsal and then…”

 

“Jessie we’re used to this pabo,” Taeyeon chuckled and flicked Jessica on the forehead. Jessica pouted and rubbed the spot she got flicked, “Fine fine, I give up.”

 

“So pack up and be ready to go girls,” their manager stated and left the girls alone in their practice room.

 

“I’m going to the restroom,” Taeyeon got up and headed towards the door.

 

“Taeyeon wait!” Tiffany shouted and ran after the shorter girl, “I need to go too,” she said with a smile. Taeyeon nodded while Tiffany hooked her arm with Taeyeon’s. Both girls made their way down the hallway to the restroom.

 

“I’m so exhausted,” Tiffany yawned.

 

“You shouldn’t have stayed up so late last night Tiff,” Taeyeon said while patting her hand.

Tiffany pouted, “I know but I missed talking to my oppa.”

 

“Ah I know what you mean,” Taeyeon said while missing the fact that she doesn’t have many chances to talk with her own oppa. Both girls entered the restroom and used it. Taeyeon was the first one done, “I’ll be outside waiting for you,” she told Tiffany.

 

“Okay!” Tiffany shouted from one of the stalls. Taeyeon washed her hands and dried it then left the restroom to wait outside. Taeyeon looked down at her feet while tapping it waiting patiently.

 

“Noona?” Taeyeon looked up and saw Baekhyun standing a few feet from her.

 

“Oh hey Baekhyun ah,” Taeyeon greeted him. Baekhyun walked up to her, “Waiting for someone?”

 

“Yeah, what about you?”

 

“I’m also waiting on someone…well more like people” Baekhyun laughed, “are you guys heading to L.A. yet? I can’t wait.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “No not yet, only Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny are the ones heading to L.A. first, the rest of us will be going tomorrow,” she explained.

 

“Ah well that’s a bummer,” Baekhyun said and leaned against the wall beside her.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting Baekhyun,” Sehun said as he approached the boy, “oh hey noona,” he greeted Taeyeon with a bow. Taeyeon smiled and bowed back, “Hi Sehun ah,” she greeted back and he blushed slightly.

 

Baekhyun laughs, “Ah noona don’t do that, Sehun ah becomes shy when noonas call him by ‘sehun ah’” Baekhyun teased the maknae. Just then slowly one by one, each members of EXO walked out of the men restroom and greeted her as they saw her standing there.

 

“Ready guys?” Suho’s voice was heard behind the boys. He walked up to the crowd, “What are you guys?” he stopped once he saw who they were crowding.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes landed on Suho and she quickly looked down, “Um…I think…”

 

“Hey noona,” Suho greeted her but Taeyeon kept silent, “are you going to greet me back noona?” he asked. Taeyeon looked up and forced a smile, “Hi Suho,” she said.

 

“Aww I want to hear Joonmyeon instead or Joonmyeon ah.”

 

“Um…,” Taeyeon played with the hem of her shirt.

 

“Stop teasing her Suho,” Kris said. Suho laughed, “Are you guys ready to go?”

 

“Yup!’ Xiumin said loudly.

 

“Let’s go then, we don’t want manager hyung to keep on waiting,” he ordered the boys. Each and every one of them said bye to Taeyeon before walking back to their practice room. Suho was the last to leave. He walked up to Taeyeon, “I guess I’ll see you in L.A. then? Or on the same flight?”

 

“I won’t be coming until the 19th,” she told him.

 

“Oh?” he smiled, “I’m glad you told me noona.”

 

Taeyeon frowned, “What’s your point?”

 

“I wasn’t expecting you to tell me after what happened yesterday,” he reminded her. Taeyeon bit her bottom lip, “I’m not that cruel Joonmyeon.”

 

Suho chuckles, “I’m sure noona isn’t,” he stated, “and thank you for calling me Joonmyeon.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Just go already,” she said and faced the other way.

 

“Okay,” he said but before he left, he leaned in and placed a quick kiss on her neck. Taeyeon quickly faced him while covering the place she got kissed on, “Joonmyeon you.”

 

He smiles, “Love you too noona,” and he left a pouting and pissed off, but deep down inside, her heart was beating as heck, Taeyeon alone. Tiffany finally came out of the restroom, “Sorry to keep you waiting unnie,” she apologized.

 

“It’s okay,” Taeyeon said and the both of them head back to their practice room.

 

 

 

Saturday, May 19th,  Taeyeon, Seohyun, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon were at Incheon Airport ready to cross the street. Taeyeon was in a one white piece outfit with a short shirt covering her shoulders. She had on a tan bag slung on her left shoulder and her passport with her phone in her right hand. Taeyeon stood there as the wind blew by their faces causing their hairs to waver here and there.

 

“What’s taking the lights so long to turn green,” Hyoyeon complained a little as she impatiently stared across the street to the other side. Taeyeon watched as her fellow group mate jumped in the same spot while waiting impatiently.

 

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon,” Taeyeon shouted. Hyoyeon turned to look at her leader and smiled a cheesy smile then throws up a peace sign, “Sup.”

 

Taeyeon laughed her ahjumma laugh.

 

“Oh camera, look nice girls~” Tiffany said and slightly pushed her hair out of from her face. Hyoyeon smiled and leaned against their tall maknae Seohyun and posed for the camera man.

 

“Unnie~” Seohyun complained cutely and tried to push Hyoyeon off of her but failed to do so.

 

“C’mon girls,” their manager ordered and walked off first with the four members strolling behind him. The four girls walked passed many camera men and a lot of fans shouting to give presents to the girls as they walked passed. Taeyeon looked up, smiled, and waved as she walked pass all of their fans. They walked through the sliding door and continue to walk past more fans and more camera men into the line of security where the people who worked at the airport checked their passport.

 

“Stuffy,” Tiffany said while fanning herself with her ticket.

 

Taeyeon stood in line silently and smiled whenever she looked up. She pulled out her phone, slides the bar over and was about to text Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny who were currently in L.A. at the moment when Suho’s number flashes on her screen. Her phone goes off loudly which causes Tiffany to look behind her.

 

“Unnie answer your phone,” Tiffany said. Taeyeon looked from Tiffany then down to her phone and quickly silenced it, “Why didn’t you pick up? It might be Sooyoung and them or even Yoona or Yuri.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “It was a number I didn’t recognize,” Taeyeon lied, “go ahead,” she nudged her head forward telling Tiffany to keep moving. Tiffany looked ahead of her, shrieked and ran the rest of the way with her heels on. Taeyeon laughed at her dorky friend and followed suit. The girls passed through the gates and waited as their manager talked with securities.

 

“I have to go use the restroom,” Seohyun said and clung onto Tiffany, “unnie go with me?”

 

Tiffany nodded and left with Seohyun leaving Hyoyeon and Taeyeon alone with their manager. Hyoyeon saw starbucks, told Taeyeon that if their manager asked where she went tell him that she was at starbucks getting some drinks for them. Taeyeon nodded and watched Hyoyeon skipped off happily towards the store. Just then her phone rang again, this time scaring her. Taeyeon looked down at her phone and Suho’s name flashing on the screen once again. She sighed and picked up this time, “You’re not going to stop bothering me are you?”

 

Suho chuckled from the other line, “Lovely photos noona,” he commented.

 

“Photos?”

 

“You didn’t know? You girls photos are already posted up on your fansites,” he told her, “and by the way I love that dress on you, I wish I was there to see you actually wearing it,” he commented, “why don’t you wear it one day with me to a date?”

 

“Stop being ridiculous Joonmyeon.”

 

Suho chuckled again, “Ah I love teasing you noona,” he said, “what time is it over there? I’m sure it’s still only in the afternoon right? It’s already night time over here.”

 

“You ask too much question,” Taeyeon complained.

 

“Noona,” Suho called.

 

“What?”

 

“I miss you, hurry and come to L.A. so the both of us can go shopping together, I want to take you to Victoria Secret and buy you a y outfit.”

 

“Yah! Joonmyeon!” Taeyeon shouted through the phone causing some random passerby to stare at her. She sheepishly bowed towards them.

 

“Noona~” Suho whined.

 

“Quit whining, it doesn’t suit your voice,” Taeyeon looked up and saw Hyoyeon walking over with a tray of cups, “I gotta go,” she quickly told Suho.

 

“Wait! Noona!” Suho tried to stop her but it was too late she had already hung up. He sighed and dropped his phone beside him.

 

“Failed to catch her?” Kyungsoo asked while drying his wet hair with a towel. Suho didn’t answer, instead he picked up his phone and took a photo of him then sent it to Taeyeon’s phone with a message saying ‘Hurry noona, come to L.A. because I already miss you, Joonmyeon love you much. I’m going to dream about you tonight’ and he clicked the send button then chuckled. Kyungsoo gave his leader a weird look before leaving him alone in the bedroom.

 

 

 

“Thanks Hyoyeon,” Tiffany said and picked up her favorite drink from Starbucks. Taeyeon took hers as well and sipped from it. Her text message ringtone goes off which again scares her, “Why are you so jumpy unnie?” Seohyun asked her. Taeyeon ignored Seohyun’s question and checked her phone.

 

“What?” Taeyeon said out loud.

 

“What? What?” Tiffany asked her. Taeyeon looked up at the other three girls, shook her head and chuckled nervously, “Nothing,” she told them. She placed her drink onto a flat surface near her and clicked ‘view’. Suho’s picture automatically showed up with his text. Taeyeon frowned a bit and then without noticing she smiled.

 

“Who is it?” Tiffany asked while approaching Taeyeon. Taeyeon quickly locked her phone and looked up at the red head, “Oh nobody, just my mom sending me a funny text message,” she lied.

 

“I want to read it too.”

 

“No no,” Taeyeon told her and grabbed her drink, “come girls, manager oppa is calling for us,” she told the rest and walked off first.