Babies...

For Me...

Chapter 2; Babies

 

 

 

Yongguk had let Youngjae and Daehyun into the house as Jieun had to go out. As the door shut Seungyeon started crying, the trio stood awkwardly in the door way in no mans land waiting to see who would react. Youngjae was the first to go to Seungyeon, he instantly picked up the baby and held her close to him. Daehyun and Yongguk both smiled as Youngjae began rocking her and singing to her softly. Yongguk breathed a sigh of relief as she began to calm down. Youngjae continued rocking her even after she'd fallen asleep. Yongguk ushered Daehyun out of the room as Youngjae continued with his soothing of the baby girl. Once the pair were in the kitchen Yongguk poured three glasses of cola. "No alcohol?" Daehyun asked. 
 
"I'm a parent now Dae, I have to be more responsible." Yongguk said taking a sip of his coke before opening a cupboard, and opening a tin before pulling out a small container and pouring a little bit of alcohol into Daehyun's drink. "This didn't happen" Yongguk said, putting the container back in it's hiding place. Yongguk continued sipping his coke watching as Daehyun eyed him carefully. "We all have to grow up sometime Daehyun, I just had to grow up now." Yongguk sighed a little. They heard a slight eruption of crying which was quickly soothed. 
 
"Doesn't it hurt to have your little girl soothed by another man?" Daehyun said drinking his coke/alcohol mix, he didn't know what the alcohol was but he did know that Yongguk only liked drinking good stuff. Yongguk glared at him and Daehyun smirked. 
 
"I'm not good with crying." Yongguk conceded, "I'm a good father, it's just when she cries, I panic." Yongguk shrugged, "plus I trust Youngjae with my daughter. Maybe he'll be able to influence me out of her" Yongguk laughed a little, "If she could be half as intelligent as him, I'd be happy, and if she got his friendliness I'd be even happier. Because that way she'll be friendly but also know how to defend herself." This time it was Daehyun who laughed, "I'm going to give her everything I can, and part of that is the ability to fight. I'll teach her how to defend herself." Yongguk said justifying himself with a comment about how she'll be beautiful and need protecting. Youngjae came in and Yongguk handed him his glass. 
 
"She's beautiful" Youngjae said smiling at Yongguk, Yongguk nodded, "She looks like Jieun, but she has your eyes" Youngjae said thoughtfully. The three sat in the kitchen talking about last year and this year. "Have you heard from Channie?" Youngjae asked, Yongguk shook his head, no one had heard really from Himchan since he'd left for university and Youngjae knew that that was hurting Yongguk. "Does he know that Seungyeon was born?" Yongguk nodded.
 
"He sent an email, because he's too busy to see his best friend's daughter. But I understand, it's my own fault really, not that I was ever going to university." Yongguk said putting his glass down. "Not like you two, both going to the same place right?" Daehyun and Youngjae enthusiastically nodded. Yongguk smiled, "Not that you'd desert each other anyway." Youngjae looked at Yongguk. 
 
"Yongguk, you know it's not like that with him" Youngjae said quietly. 
 
"It's just, it's a big thing, I have a family now, and it would be nice if uncle Himchan could  be a part of Yeonnie's life" Yongguk shrugged. "I wasn't ready for a baby when we found out, I mean this apartment is only because your older brother managed to set us up with a place, Daehyun, and half the babies stuff comes from your mom Youngjae. We work as much as we can on opposite shifts to pay rent and food. I just miss the simple times." Yongguk shrugged. 
 
"We all do" Daehyun said quietly, Yongguk looked at him and then nodded, he knew what Daehyun was on about, deciding that from Youngjae's reaction Youngjae had no idea. Yongguk raised his eyebrow and then sighed. 
 
"You two should be doing homework or something." Yongguk said as he put the three empty glasses in the sink. "I have to get ready for the diaper change which will come in the next half an hour or so." Yongguk sighed. Youngjae smiled a little bit, he liked seeing how Yongguk had matured from their wild friend into the responsible father and how Jieun had changed him from when they started dating and even now she was making Yongguk into a person that anyone would love to pieces, unlike his old troublemaking self. 
 
"Are we going back to yours or mine?" Daehyun asked as the pair left Yongguk's house, they'd left once Seungyeon had woken up and needed a diaper change. Youngjae said his house and then he and Daehyun began walking off towards Youngjae's house talking to each other about nothing really, just random things about their day. Once at Youngjae's house they both went up to Youngjae's room, and did their work together afterwards going down and eating dinner. Daehyun noticed Youngjae leave part of his but he didn't say anything. Youngjae mentioned something about feeling a little sick. The pair went back up to Youngjae's room. Daehyun breathed in and out slowly, looking at the boy across from him. "Y-Youngjae," he said quietly, "I won't be in lunch with you on friday." Youngjae looked up, inquiring as to why. Daehyun bit his lip, "I'm going to an LGBT meeting." Youngjae just blinked at him asking why again. "Because Youngjae I'm gay. Why do you think I reject all the girls who confess to me?" 
 
Youngjae was silent taking it all in. "I've been wanting to tell you for ages." Daehyun looked down, "but I was scared of what you'd think of me, but I had to tell you today because I made the decision to not hide anymore, because Youngjae, I just want to live and not feel weighed down with a secret. Yongguk, Himchan and Jongup already knew, Yongguk and Himchan caught me looking at someone and Jongup caught my poster collection of Jung Yunho and assumed I had a crush on him and then it came out." 
 
Youngjae started laughing and moved around to hug Daehyun. "I should have guessed from how many Yunho posters you have." Daehyun punched Youngjae's arm lightly. That night went as usual they shared a bed and slept facing away from each other, but that night Daehyun lay awake, not able to sleep. He'd scared himself beyond reason worrying about Youngjae's reaction, he should have just trusted that his best friend would love and accept him either way. 
 
Weeks went by Daehyun had attended a few LGBT meetings, but other than that there was no change between the two until one day Minjun approached the desk they shared again. Daehyun looked up, "So Tubby is determined to take that most likely to... out." Minjun said maliciously, "is that because he knows it's true?" Youngjae refused to look up, he just looked away from Minjun, ignoring him, well trying to, he could still hurt and the words still stung. 
 
"Do you not understand?" Daehyun said standing up. "Back off him." 
 
"Or what?" Minjun said. "Am I disturbing your life? Does he not take it well after he remembers his weight." 
 
"Shut up, Minjun." Daehyun said darkly. 
 
"So you're the one who takes it then?" Minjun raised his eyebrow, "Who knew someone his size could have the energy to top you. Doesn't he crush you?"
 
"I'm not one of them" Youngjae said. Daehyun stopped and looked at him. Minjun smirked and walked off leaving Daehyun and Youngjae at the table, Daehyun was packing up his stuff back into his back. "Dae. what are you doing?" Youngjae asked, regretting what he'd said earlier. 
 
"I'm one of them." Daehyun said bitterly. "I want to have with other men, and from your reaction to Minjun that disgusts you. I'll go and find someone who I don't disgust."
 
"Daehyun, please." Youngjae pleaded. "Daehyun, I didn't mean it at all, I wouldn't change you for the world and whether you like men, women or I don't know, aliens, I don't care. You're my best friend." Daehyun continued packing his bag angrily. "Dae please, Minjun wants this he wants us to fight because we're easier to take down when we're apart, and deep down you know I love you just the way you are."
 
Daehyun sat back down and unpacked, still refusing to talk to Youngjae but this was step in the right direction. Two weeks went by until they were back to normal. The weeks were full of them not talking despite sitting next to each other, Daehyun would on purposely arrive late to school to avoid talking and he'd also miss or skip yearbook some days to avoid talking to Youngjae. Youngjae finally had enough and to prove he was sorry Youngjae went along to a LGBT meeting to give Daehyun moral support as well as proof he wasn't homophobic and didn't hate him. Once back to normal they carried on where they left off as if the incident had never happened. Both of them hating to admit that they hated the weeks where they weren't talking. Zelo and Jongup had refused to take sides, Zelo was currently working on getting a sports scholarship and Jongup was still preoccupied with his girlfriend. 
 
In the two weeks Youngjae had stopped eating breakfast, developing a dislike to eating early in the morning. One day a couple of weeks after they'd become best friends again Youngjae walked down the stairs to find Daehyun in the kitchen eating his cereal. "So are there any guys you like?" Youngjae asked plainly as he grabbed the water jug and poured himself a glass, Daehyun just looked at him, not saying anything for a few minutes before shaking his head. Youngjae nodded, "I just wondered," he shrugged and then they carried on getting ready. 
 
"I... I do like someone." Daehyun said quietly, "but the person I like doesn't like me."
 
"How d'you know?"
 
"He's straight, like every guy I've ever fallen for." Daehyun sighed a little. 
 
This conversation carried on like that for the whole day, bringing up random things about people they liked and how they don't stand a chance, it wasn't rare for them to have this conversation, but this was the first time - Youngjae felt - he was getting to know Daehyun's true heart, partially because he'd pretended to like women before. They got back to Daehyun's room, still talking about unrequited loves. Daehyun sighed as they sat on the carpet facing each other. "Have you had your first kiss?" Youngjae asked, Daehyun shook his head, "me either." 
 
Before Daehyun had gauged anything, Youngjae's lips were on his, softly, Youngjae's arm was around the back of his neck and they were kissing. Daehyun was trying to pull Youngjae closer to him as the kiss got more and more heated. Youngjae pulled away and looked at Daehyun, who began closing the gap.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Thank you, 
once again comments and subs are greatly apppreciated. 
<3