The Road to Recovery...

For Me...

Chapter 5: The Road to Recovery 

 

 

Daehyun  sighed, and straightened up. "I'm going to kill him" He said simply as he started walking, "I'll get there before the end of the exam, I'll wait for him and I'll kill him" Daehyun mumbled to himself, angry didn't even come close to how he felt right now. He wasn't angry with Youngjae, you can't control who your heart beats for but he was angry with Minjun, how dare he make Youngjae become like this all because he can. Yongguk watched as Daehyun left, his mind still working everything out, as he watched Youngjae, in tears, talking to the man, about Minjun, his feelings, his weight, how scared he was that Minjun would find out. Yongguk's mind flashed quickly, Daehyun was going to the school right now, and he was going to beat up Minjun for what happened. He'd tell Minjun. Yongguk quickly got his phone out, calling Zelo, to try to get someone to stop Daehyun before he got there. 
 
Yongguk's phone rang, he quickly answered it. "Gukkie-ah. I'm back in town" Himchan. Yongguk nodded  and hummed in response. "Is something wrong?"
 
"Well, I'm about to stop Daehyun getting in a fight, can you do me a favour go to the hospital, Youngjae's in there, he's in with a doctor at the moment, but after can you go and sit with him, I don't want him to be alone. kay, I'll explain it all later, no time now. Thanks" Yongguk hung up the phone as he got out of the car, and ran into the school, there were no guards on at the moment, it was the end of the day and only the students who were studying into the night, or were sitting the longer exam were still in. Yongguk heard noise, cheers, shouts. He knew that was where Daehyun was. When he arrived he pushed to the front and saw Daehyun holding Minjun against the lockers by his neck. Zelo looked up at Yongguk and mouthed I'm sorry I couldn't stop him. 
 
"You think you're so special?" Daehyun shouted hitting Minjun against the lockers again "Do you?" Minjun shook his head. "You're nothing. I don't know what he sees in you to make him so ill." Daehyun said delivering a punch to the side of Minjun's head. As he was about to deliver another blow, Yongguk stopped him pulling Daehyun back from Minjun. All the other kids were in shock. 
 
"Go" Yongguk said, must have been the authority in his voice, that and his reputation was probably still echoing around the school. Minjun looked up at Yongguk in fear, he'd heard of Yongguk's reputation and he knew Yongguk was friends with Daehyun. "I didn't teach you to protect yourself so you could do this" Yongguk said to Daehyun before offering a hand to Minjun and helping him up. Minjun looked at the pair and then turned to Daehyun.
 
"What are you on about? Who have I made ill?" Minjun asked, Yongguk eyed Minjun carefully, it looked like Minjun knew already but he didn't want to say it. 
 
"Youngjae." Daehyun said. Minjun just nodded. 
 
"He likes me doesn't he" Minjun sighed a little. 
 
"He does." Daehyun said darkly, "for some reason. And it's made him sick" 
 
"I'm really sorry, it's not that I don't find him attractive, I just find someone else more attractive." Minjun shrugged. 
 
"What?" Daehyun asked.
 
"You could say you were the one that made him sick" Minjun said shrugging. 
 
"Stop it" Yongguk said, "Stop it now." 
 
"You want to hear my version of things or not?" Minjun asked. "So me and Youngjae, we kissed a bit and done a bit more but it wasn't serious. We've been doing it since I started here. I'm not gay, I was just experimenting - and so was he." Minjun sighed, "and I ended it, like I ended what ever we were doing, we weren't together, he told me we weren't together. We just experimented a bit. I told him we couldn't any more, I told him to love you, because I'm in love with Naeun." Minjun shrugged, "Now you're wondering how this was your fault, right? Do you not love him or something? You were supposed to love him the way I couldn't" Minjun looked at Daehyun. Zelo who'd been standing off a little finally spoke. 
 
"Looks like regretting kissing people is contagious." He said quietly, only to be shot a look from Yongguk telling him to shut up.
 
"How terrible it is to love someone that death can touch." Minjun murmured. 
 
"I can't force him to love me you know." Daehyun said before delivering another punch to Minjun, before being dragged away by Yongguk, who'd had enough of seeing this. 
 
- - - * - - -
 
The trio arrived at the hospital to see Jongup sitting in the waiting room, Yongguk smiled and walked through finding Himchan sitting on Youngjae's bed and they were both laughing. Himchan got up to move, "Please stay" Yongguk said quietly, he needed Himchan to be here when he told Youngjae. "Jae, first off I'm sorry, me and Daehyun heard everything about your feelings for Minjun." Youngjae nodded, "and then I let Daehyun get away from me and by the time I caught up with him he was holding Minjun against the lockers and was punching him. After calming everything down, we talked to Minjun, and...." 
 
"let me say it." came a voice from the other side of the room, Minjun, he'd followed them. "Youngjae," Minjun stepped closer to Youngjae, "I know we kissed and touched each other and stuff but that was just experimenting, you said so yourself. And although I did enjoy it, I am just not interested in you in that way. I love someone else, you don't need to loose weight, you never did, I was mean to you and Daehyun because, I wanted you to understand that I wasn't interested in experimenting with you anymore, and yes it was the wrong way to go about things but it was the best idea I had at the time. I'm sorry, but no matter what you do, if you loose or gain weight my heart won't change for you, because you'll never be her." Youngjae was on the brink of tears again, he was trying to hold them back. Himchan had taken his hand supportingly. "But Youngjae, you should know that. You have someone who loves you, and trust me he loves you no matter what you do to your body, or what you do or say to him. I know you can't force yourself to love him, but you can force yourself to let go of me." 
 
- - - * - - -
 
A year had passed since that day, Youngjae had been let out of hospital a week later and had moved back in with Yongguk to be watched when eating. He continued going to counselling and with Himchan being back and Seungyeon learning new things everyday Youngjae found less and less time was spent thinking about Minjun. Which was a good thing. Daehyun visited everyday making sure that he was eating and they were still best friends like before. They didn't talk about Minjun, there was nothing to say. Youngjae knew it'd hurt Daehyun but he didn't really want to go there. Daehyun knew that talking about Minjun would upset Youngjae so he just avoided that topic. 
 
The pair were sat on the sofa together, Youngjae's head on Daehyun's lap, his eyes closed, when Seungyeon toddled over and smiled brightly at Daehyun, "Ungjae~" She said loudly, grabbing Youngjae's arm. "Ungjae, Play" she said louder. Daehyun laughed a little, nudging Youngjae who whined a bit. "Ungjae, Play" Seungyeon whined. Daehyun recognised a tantrum was coming on. He nudged Youngjae again who refused to get up again. Just as Seungyeon was about to cry Zelo came into the lounge. "Jello, Play" Seungyeon smiled as Zelo picked her up and carried her over to where her toys were before playing dolls with her. 
 
Youngjae rolled over and snuggled into Daehyun a little more, his face pressed against Daehyun's chest. "Dae" Youngjae mumbled, "I was thinking maybe we should get a flat together." he said quietly. "There's a really nice two bedroom flat for sale, near your house." Daehyun agreed, they were best friends no matter what, and living together meant that Daehyun would be able to monitor his best friend's eating. 
 
- - - * - - -
 
Seungyeon was 17, and the group were 33 - 35, Youngjae had fully recovered from his anorexia and was currently in a stable relationship with a girl called Heeyeon, she was nice enough. Daehyun actually approved of her. Daehyun was single, he'd been with a few guys but no one had quite been able to push Youngjae out of his heart, he'd accepted his fate really. Zelo was away playing basket ball in America. Jongup had done what Yongguk had done and married his childhood sweetheart after getting her pregnant at 17. Yooji was now 15, and Jongup was a single father, his wife had died a few years back and he wasn't moving on any time soon. Himchan had become a doctor and was currently dating one of the nurses, Hyojin. Yongguk and Jieun were still going strong, and had had another child, Jaekyung who was 10. 
 
Youngjae was at Yongguk's house, he turned to Yongguk, "Gukkie, I hate to tell you this but your daughter she shows all the signs. Like you asked, she shows them all." Yongguk sighed, he'd asked Youngjae because not only was he a specialist in eating disorders but his past meant he would recognise it in others. Yongguk looked down and nodded. 
 
- - - * - - -
 
Two years later, they all stood at the graveyard and lay down flowers, Yongguk leant on Himchan, he'd lost his two girls. The two girls that meant the world to him. Seungyeon had died from her eating disorder and Jieun had contracted an illness and not been able to get treatment in time. "How terrible it is to love someone that death can touch. She was my one and only." Yongguk said quietly. Today had been the service for Jieun, they'd buried her next to her daughter. Yongguk smiled sadly, "They obviously needed her up there. But we're just unaware as to why" Yongguk said quietly. Himchan held Yongguk tightly, as Daehyun led Jaekyung away from the graves. Daehyun and Youngjae decided it was better to take Jaekyung away than to allow him to watch Yongguk breakdown. 
 
The pair sat with Jaekyung in an ice-cream parlour, Youngjae's hand rested on Daehyun's knee. They'd been together for a few months now. Zelo walked in to the ice cream parlour and sat down with them ruffling Jaekyung's hair. "You ok Kyunggie?" Zelo asked, looking at the young child. 
 
Jaekyung nodded, "But I miss mommy. and I know daddy misses her too." Jaekyung said quietly as he ate some of his ice cream, "but daddy says mommy won't come back because she's looking after Yeonnie. He said that the angels needed mommy's help" Jaekyung said quietly. Youngjae smiled and got up, Daehyun knew why, they'd agreed to avoid crying in front of Jaekyung, they didn't want to upset the child more. "Uncle Jello" - the name had stuck from when the kids couldn't say Zelo - "Mommy misses us right?" Jaekyung asked. 
 
"Yes, Kyunggie, your mommy misses us all very much." Daehyun said, "now I'm gonna go check on uncle Youngjae" Daehyun got up and walked to the bathroom, where he found Youngjae standing in front of the sink crying. "Jae," he said quietly, as he pulled Youngjae close to him. 
 
"I'm sorry" Youngjae mumbled, Daehyun looked at Youngjae and asked for what. "Because when we were 17 I almost died and I put you through what Yongguk went through before Jieun died. I'm sorry" 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So that's it  guys. 
Comments and Subs are still greatly appreciated. 
Thank you,   you , for reading For Me... I hope you enjoyed it.