Good morning, Sunshine.

You're Everything

Play it cool, man, Shinwoo told himself. You just happen to be up this early. You just happen to really need a shirt that you forgot to bring to Jeremy's room. He looked down the hall to make sure no one was coming. What happened to you, Shinwoo? Shinwoo is aloof, he's mysterious. One thing he is not, he told himself, is this bundle of nerves. Even when My Nyu stood you up time and time again, you were calm, you were collected. You are Shinwoo.

Shinwoo cleared his throat, and quickly knocked on the bedroom door before he could stop himself.

Nothing.

"Rachael?" He knocked again. Still only silence greeted him. Slowly, he turned the door knob. "Rachael?"

The room was empty, the bed neatly made. Her duffel bag! Find the bag, she can't have left. Still, he told himself, a professional house guest is probably very good at picking up after herself. He stood in the doorway, trying to decide if he should go in, when the front door slammed. He retreated down the hall and towards the kitchen, thinking a nice cup of tea might put things into perspective.

"Ah! Shinwoo," Rachael greeted him, as she tossed bags of groceries on the counter. "You're up!"

"You're still here..." He couldn't stop the words from coming.

"Did you want me gone, already?" She laughed and started pulling open cabinets and drawers. Jeremy yawned and stretched as he walked in the room, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Rei-chan!" He hurled himself across the kitchen and spun her around. "Does this mean what I think it does?"

She nodded slowly, tightening her pony tail and pushing up her shirtsleeves.

"What does it mea-" But before he could finish Shinwoo was interrupted by Jeremy's yell.

"WAHOO! Pancakes!"  Jeremy started rushing around the kitchen, setting the table, as he sang:

"Rei-chans making pancakes for Jeremy! They're yummy, they're golden, and just for me, they're filled with blueberries!"

Shinwoo laughed as he readied his tea, sometimes Jeremy's mood was infectious. It seemed to Shinwoo, that even Tae Kyung was struggling to keep his scowl when he walked in and demanded to know what all the noise was about. 

"Now you, Shinwoo," he looked up to see Rachael pointing a spatula in his direction. "You seem warm and a little spicy, so you're getting Apple and Cinnamon pancakes."

"Warm and Spicy? I'm mysterious and aloof!" Shinwoo thought to himself, but apple and cinnamon pancakes sounded like a perfect way to start this day, so he nodded.

"And you drummer boy, you're getting your blueberry pancakes." Jeremy grinned and nodded his head so hard, blonde tresses went flying.

"And as for you Tae Kyung, chocolate chip pancakes. Maybe if you are something sweet, your mouth wouldn't pucker so." Shinwoo waited for the complaint, but even Tae Kyung seemed more then satisfied with the menu Rachael set.

The boys were all eating when Mi Nyu slipped into the room. "Oooh, pancakes!" She said excitedly, clapping her hands.

"Good morning, Mi Nyu. Would you like some pancakes? There's cinnamon apple, or blueberry, or chocolate chip or I could make you some plain ones." Rachael pointed to the different types on the boys' plates as she named them.

Mi Nyu looked up at Tae Kyung. "Which ones would you suggest I have, Tae Kyung."

"Why would I care?" He said in between mouthfuls. 

"Jeremy, which one would you suggest?" My Nyu asked.

"You might like the cinnamon and apple ones," he suggested, sliding his plate closer to him.

"Shinwoo?" Mi Nyu looked beseechingly at him. This is not how things usually went.

"Maybe the chocolate chip? You do like sweets." Shinwoo didn't look up from his plate.

Mi Nyu crossed her arms. This is not how things usually went at all. "But Jeremy, don't you want me to try your pancakes?"

Jeremy hurriedly shielded his plate from Mi Nyu's view. "Why don't you just have some plain?"

Mi Nyu wondered if pancakes were all that different than stickers and colors.

"Aw, Mi Nyu, I know its tough to choose, why don't I make you one of each?" Rachael suggested.

One of each, Mi Nyu pondered. The flavors might clash, and what if she wanted more of one than the other? Or was she missing out by not trying each one? Mi Nyu shook herself, it's just pancakes. "I'll have the chocolate chip please."

Maybe the sugar rush would distract her from the distinct feeling that things were changing.