Parallel Emotions

Precious Three Months

Jiyeon sipped her milk as she was watching the birds fly aimlessly among the trees. Hwa Young seemed pensive and kept urging Jiyeon to tell what her problem was. The girls were sitting in the bench in the park, watching the people as they passed by. Jiyeon didn't want to go home and cry. Things weren't good either. Her parents were having an argument and she was tired of listening to their bickering that had started since yesterday when she went to Seoul.

They didn't notice Eun Jung pass by and sit on another bench just behind them. She didn't see them either as she was wearing her sunglasses, taking the time to rest as the other teachers were in Busan without her. She listened to Hwa Young trying to get Jiyeon to speak.

"You've been quiet since we came here. I thought you'd tell me something that's why I came. How was your trip to Seoul?"

"Uneventful.."

"Eh? But you've seen the school you wanted to go, haven't you?"

"I did..but..."

"But what?"

Hwa Young got more concerned when Jiyeon got her hanky and dried a tear off her eye.

"It's painful, you know, that you're pining for someone, yet he didn't seem to remember who you were."

"Excuse me? Can you enlighten me?"

Jiyeon sighed. "I guess idols, when they leave you, seem to forget about you too."

Hwa Young covered . "By chance, have you met Jin Woon Oppa there?"

Eun Jung's ears kicked. She eavesdropped at the girls' conversation.

"I did. The 2AM guys were having a photoshoot for a clothing line. His partner was Seo Hyun Eonnie, his ideal girl, or so I've heard from some students. I tried to dial his number, yet a woman answered it. I guessed it was eonnie. I dropped the call, and he called me back, asking me who I was. When I introduced myself, he said he didn't seem to remember me. I apologized and dropped the call as I passed right in front of him, hoping that he'll recongnize me. But when I turned back, he was busy, so I went away."

"Awwww...Jinjja? How could he be so cruel, Jiyeon? Or maybe because he had a lot of girl fans asking for his number and that that he had a hard time remembering you all."

"But why would he give me his number if he'll just forget about me?"

Eun Jung's eyes moved. So, Jin Woon had given Jiyeon his number. She was about to stand up and reprimand her for breaking the rule about not asking for anything from the idols when she realized her blunder. Jiyeon had just given her little hope for Jin Woon to remember her. She, Eun Jung, had given up her pride and ity to Taecyeon twice. She'd be a hypocrite if she bash Jiyeon. If Taecyeon and Nichkhun would know about it, they'd probably spill it to her face. So EUn Jung opted to just listen and think about her situation.

"I've just realized that I'm really just a fan who loves him..not a girl who could really be with him. I thought I could reach out to him, but that star is so unreachable. I know you'd be sad too if Nickhun leaves and he'll forget about you."

"Yeah..you're right, Jiyeon. I liked Nichkhun, but I don't know if he's sincere about his feelings for me."

Eun Jung shuddered. Was Taecyeon using her too while he's still here? Will he forget about her once he return to work? Eun Jung decided to maintain her pride even though it had already hurt her listening to the girls. Well, the next month's the last for the boys. If ever they leave, all that Taecyeon and she did together would be left just as it is. He'd go back to his life as an artist, she'll go on living as a teacher. Both will go on living as if nothing had happened between them both. ANd that's when she decided to treasure every single day she'd be having with Taecyeon. The time's coming to a close, and he'll leave her forever.

"Well..are you still gonna admire Jin Woon Oppa?"

Jiyeon's tears fell. "I still will, but only him being a singer...with no unrequited feelings attached anymore. I'm so stupid to have let my emotions get the best of me. He's famous ...I'm just a plain country girl..."

"What if he comes here looking for you? What will you do? Are you going to pretend nothing happened?"

"Molla..." was the only answer Jiyeon can give.