Chapter 4

The Taste of Chanyeol's Summer

 

A month had already passed since I work as a part timer at EXO Hotel. My stay here became more interesting when I became friends with the president itself, Park Chanyeol. The guy with double personality. In public, he looked tough, sophisticated, and very handsome. But in reality, he’s a total dork and can be an idiot sometimes. Still, he explained that it’s not a double personality and he’s just protecting his father’s image. He used to be a role-model…but now I consider him more as a friend. Although we’re from completely different worlds, he talked to me… He doesn’t mind if you’re ugly, short, poor or a potato… and that’s what I like most about him.

Wait.

Did I just say ‘like’?

I didn’t mean it like ‘like like’ right?

“Hey, why are you shaking your head?” I totally forgot that I’m currently with Park Chanyeol and yet I talk about him in my mind.

“Uh.” Now that I think about it… how did he become a role model? He’s tall, handsome, he’s the owner of EXO Hotel. “Nothing.”

“So what do you think?”

“About what?” I blinked at him. Oops… and he’s actually telling me something…

“You’re not listening to my story?! It took me a long time to explain every detail you dumbfork.” He sounded and looked really disappointed.

“Sorry.” Geez, Park Chanyeol. I’m trying to think here. I might save the whole Korea if I sort this thing out. Let me concentrate for a bit.

“I might fire you right now, you know.”

“Wow, I am so scared.” I sarcastically replied.

But then he started laughing at me. And continued blabbing…

“Are you really this talkative?”

“Shush, or I will really fire you, just listen okay.”

I sighed and just stared at him while talking.

But even though I already knew his real personality, I still look up to him. I still admire his keen observation to things, I like how he’s thoughtful to everyone, I like how he’s very serious about their businesses, I like how he play with Bacon, I love how he looks at me, I like---

What the hell did I just say?

“You’re doing it again, Baekhyun. Seriously, are you really that amazed with my beauty?”

I didn’t even notice that I’m staring at him again. But I must compose myself.

“If you say so, President Park Chanyeol.” I replied while laughing.

“If you’re lying, I’m going to fire you.”

“Whatever…” I laughed again with Chanyeol’s pout and embarrassed face.

“So what do you think?” he’s probably asking about the previous topic again, and I totally missed everything he’s saying.

So I asked again, “About what???”

“BAEKHYUN, YOU’RE REALLY FIRED!”

---

I’m getting used to the fact that I hang out with Chanyeol every day, after work. We haven’t missed a day without meeting up, and hang out and talk about from anything to nonsense. Chanyeol made me feel that I belong. He made me not miss home when I’m lonely. He made me not worry about the scholarship that I applied. He made me feel at home. Though I’m not sure why it’s called at home since we’re staying at the hotel.

I just learned that he’s staying at the same hotel, the reason why he’s always here.

Jogging in the morning, playing with Bacon, swimming in the afternoon, eating whenever he feels like it, and so on.

All I can see is Chanyeol.

…What?

“Are you sick?”

“What?”

“You’re shaking your head like yesterday again. Are you sick, Baekhyun-ah?”

This time he reached for my forehead and tried to check my temperature.

I dodged as soon as possible without even realising it. He gave me this confused expression and asked again, “What’s wrong? Did I do something to you?”

I shook my head and smiled. “Naaah. My mind just drifting off lately. Sorry about that.”

He smiled, but a bit hesitant. 

I didn’t even know why I did that, but I feel like when he touch me, it’s not gonna be a good feeling. like. Electricity, maybe?

“I’m okay, Chanyeol. Really.” I beamed him the brightest smile I could ever give to anyone.

He smiled again, showing his adorable derp.

“Oh, I’ll be gone tomorrow, Baekhyun. I have an important meeting with my father.”

I snickered and replied, “Well, shouldn’t those things are you supposed to be doing?” He slightly punched me on my side.

But a day without Chanyeol? I wonder what’s going to happen to my not supposed to be boring days?

---

TWO DAYS WITHOUT CHANYEOL!

Yesterday, I was expecting that he’ll be busy, but today, he didn’t show up. Not even a glimpsed of him. Not his huge eyes. Not his creepy teeth. Not even the shadow of that tall creeper. Not even Bacon!

“You look down, Baekhyun. Tired? You should take a rest.” The angelic guardian appeared out of nowhere.

“I’m okay, Suho-hyung.” Though in reality, I’m not. I don’t even know, but I feel anxious without Chanyeol. Where the is he? What the hell is he doing? Why did he say that he’s going to be gone for a day, when the truth is he’s going to gone for more than one day and who knows how many days is he going to be gone.

Oh. My. Goodness.

…Why do I sound like a jealous girlfriend?

I’m getting too attached to Chanyeol…and I’m sure it’s not going to be a healthy attachment.

“I know it’s not allowed to talk about him, but you’re pretty down when he’s not around.” My jaw dropped and he smirked. When he’s about to leave, he turn around to me for the last time and said,

“Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me.” His smile may be angelic but I can see the devil’s grin behind.

“IT’S NO- It’s not like that!” I tried defending myself, I can feel myself flushing, and he just replied with an annoying laugh. “Seriously.” I grunted.

It’s not really like that…

---

“Good morning, Baekhyun.”

“Wow. After a week, you appeared.” I shot a glance at him but he just winked slash smiled at me.

“Wae? Wae? You missed me that much?” He tried to put his arms around my shoulders but I immediately bend over to greet Bacon.

I rolled my eyes as I ignored him and started playing with Bacon.

“Bacon! I missed you~!!!” Bacon replied as he started my hands. ”I missed you so much.” I murmured.

“Aww! Come on, Baek! Don’t be mad!”

“What? I’m not mad. Welcome back!” I tried to brush it off the fact that he left me for one week without even saying anything and gave him the bright smile that he always liked.

“You seemed busy though. You looked dressed-up again.” I continued. He’s dressed-up as his other personality.

“Yeah. It’s going to be a busy month for me… since school is going to start again.”

“I see.” Oh yeah. I almost forgot my own school stuff. I wonder if I got accepted to that school… If not then, I’ll have to look for a stable job. I sighed.

“What’s with the long sigh?” He tilted his head. I didn’t realise that I was sighing that loud. “You really don’t know how to hide your feelings for me…”

W-Wh-What. 

Even though I wasn't even sighing because of him, my heart does this thing again where it pumped intermittent amount of blood, or whatever. 

“Where are you getting that over-the-top self-confidence?” I tried to be funny but he just stared at me with a serious face. Like his other personality. “I-I-I’m only joking.”

He sighed and replied “I’ll be back soon~! I'll leave Bacon to you since you missed him so much!” and he run off inside the hotel.

…he really thought I missed Bacon?

“You can talk to me, if you want.” Popping out of nowhere, the mischievous Suho appeared.

“Hyung! Don’t just appear like that!”

He replied with a chuckle. “Well, you still haven’t realised it?” he’s now playing with Bacon.

“Realised what?”

“That you like Chanyeol.”

I gasped and tried to cover his mouth.

“What are you talking about??! It’s not like that!” I tried to lower my voice and whispered at him, but I still can’t help half-shouting at him. “And, uhm, we’re not supposed to be talking about him.”

“We’re not talking about the President, we’re talking about Chanyeol.”

Joonmyun is drunk. I thought. Why is he suddenly asking me about things like this?

“You have to be quick, or someone else will take Chanyeol away from you.”

“What? Wait! How did you-? I DO NOT LIKE HIM.”

He snorted and responded, “You just haven’t realised it... that’s why I’m telling you now.”

He is totally not listening to me and I realised that Chanyeol is not the only person who has double personality. Joonmyun, too.

“I- What? I- Hyung?” I don’t even know what to say. He just nodded acting like he understood me and ruffles my hair. “You’re adorable when you’re confused like that.”

“Wait? I… like Chanyeol?” I finally asked him.

I like Chanyeol?  That derp.  The guy who doesn't know how to close his mouth when he's amused? The guy who laughs like a seal? The guy who likes to wear a woman's wig? Seriously. The world is seriously ending.

He snickered and just nodded.

“That doesn’t make any sense. Why would I like someone like him?”

“Why would you not like someone like him?”

“SHHHHHH.” I jumped to him and covered his mouth when I saw Chanyeol coming out.

“H-hey. That’s a pretty short meeting.” 

Chanyeol stared at me and then to Suho. I didn’t realise that I’m still holding Suho in my arms, and the fact that Suho’s there and I’m casually talking to Park Chayeol.

“…President.” I added…

Suho blurted out a short laugh but he stopped when I looked at him. Oh. 

Then a really tall, not to mention very handsome guy wearing the same attire as Chanyeol came out and now standing next to him. Chanyeol gave him this kind of stare that no people give to other people. I’m assuming they’re close. Like really tight...

I feel like there’s someone screwing and putting unnecessary nails in my heart. I clenched my fist as Chanyeol started talking.

“By the way, I want to introduce you Kris.”

Hi. Nice to meet you, I’m Kris.” He said in a weird non-Korean accent.

Both Suho and me bowed, we both looked at each other and Suho gave me this ‘I-told-you-so-expression”.  I clenched my fist even harder and tried to take everything in like nothing happened.

 Kris, huh?

 

to be continued...

 

 

---

 

Random blurb, I don't even know what I'm typing. 

Is this what you call a writer's block? 
Cos I seriously have no idea what to write...for like a whole week.

Not to mention that everything's due in the next two weeks and i haven't done anything. That. My assessments. and. Portfolio.

 

Also, I blame the non existent Baekyeol at Disneyland... so I'm just going to put this here... image goes to its rightful owner~

AND THANK YOU TO MY SUBCRIBERS. <3 <3 <3