January: a ring

The Engagment

"Happy new year's Jinki!! Lee Jinki! Wake up!! Its midnight!!! Lets celebrate!!" Jess excitedly screamed as she ran into the bedroom and rolled onto Onew's back. Her laughter like tinkering away like wind chimes. "Come on yeobooooo! Its a new shining year!!" Jess said as she gently scooted across his back. Her hands on his shoulders, shaking him. Onew shifted sleepily under her. His head in his arms. "Andwaeeeeeeee. I'm sleepy. Yah, Come here. You should be asleep too." He reached behind him and pulled Jess off of his Back and into the comfort of his arms. Now tangled in the bed sheets with Jess, Onew gave a sleepy but satisfied yawn as he protectively wrapped himself around her. "Mmmmmm. You smell nice. Like roses." Onew murmured into the crown of her head. She snuggled in closer inhaling his scent. Her hands gently attached to the front of Onew's Black v-neck, bedtime tee. 'he smells like winter. Warm, inviting~♥' Jess happily thought.

 

"We can go out for new years later This evening Jess. Just me and youuuuuuuuu. We can go out to dinner. Maybe a nice walk afterwardsss. Would you like that?" Ones asked as he stuck a small kiss to her cheek. Jess furiously blushed as he happily pulled away and stared at her. It was hard to talk when he was so smooth like this. So she just nodded in agreement. "Great. Now sleep. Jebal?" Releasing one of his arms from her waist, Onew brought a hand to Jess's face and tilted it upwards. And it was then that he placed a soft kiss on her lips. Finally pulling away, both lovingly sighed in adoration for the other. "Happy New year's Jessica♥" Onew said as he kissed her again.

 

                            Later that evening, after the day light ours were spent, downtown at a little cafe, is where you could find Onew and Jess cozily immersed in conversation on a loveseat. It had started to snow outside again. So they were the only couple in the shop that night brave enough to brave the weather. Dimming the lights, the kind old owner woman looked across the room at the back of them. Jessica pulled snuggly into Onew's broad chest. Hands fitting perfectly together, both contently looking out onto the quiet and nearly empty street. Neither speaking. The scilence settling comfortably around them. "I guess young love hasn't dwindle between these two." she chuckled to herself.

                             "Are you okay? Full?" Onew softly asked Jess, who in return, pulled herself in closer. "Ne. I'm fine. Happy." A few more minutes passed that way. Onew then out of no where picked her up and sat her next to him. He looked down. His hands clasped to his knees. Jess worriedly placed a hand on his back. "Jinki? Are you not feeling well? Are you catching a cold?? What's wrong?" He shook his head no and slid down to the floor on his knees in front of her. Jess leaned forward on her seat and placed a hand to his forehead. "You are a little hot. Are you sure??? Do you want to go home???" "Jessica. Just be quiet for a second." Surprised scilence stilled the room.

                                               "I think when i Open the door, and i get to see you, my day is brighter. And when i sing for you, your eyes sparkle like the Sun on the Han River. When you laugh, all the noise is pulled From the World and everyone stops to listen. And When i wake up in the Morning And see you, i know that... that... that's how i know i want it to be... For forever. So will you...." Onew looked up at Jess who was smiling but thin tears streamed slowly and silently down her face. He calmly smiled at her and reached into his pocket. A small velvet box appeared in his hand. There, he opened it. And a platinum and diamond engagement ring sat there in the middle. Jess was frantically wiping away tears with the back of the sleeve on her sweater.

                         "Jessica Park? Darling? Will you marry me??" Waiting for the answer, worry crept into Onew's eyes. Jessica threw herself into his arms. "Yes! Yes yes yes! A million times over!" She laughed and cried into his chest. A sigh of relief escaped him as he looked down at her. Onew slipped the carefully planned band onto her left hand And pulled her face to his. "I love you♥" he whispered before firmly and dominantly kissing her. Arms locked around her waist.

'i hope you'll never get rid of me. Because I'm going to be around for a long time' 

 

-Song for this chapter:

Kiss, Kiss, Kiss (Japanese Ver.) by SHINee♥