Revealed

The End And...

 

Boa could hear the soft murmur of a familiar tune as she came down the hall to where she would finish the recording of their song hopefully for today. As she opened the door she realised that it was her tune. Hearing her sing in English was a weird feeling. Dean was bobbing away while doing something else. “Ah you’re here.” Boa glanced at the time on the clock.

“On time,” she quickly told him. He nodded before she sat down. He then proceeded to tell her that today they were going to record next verse today. She nodded hoping she really understood what he actually said.

“Alright now let’s put it to the test,” he rose yawning as his back straightened the whole way. Boa noticed he seemed different from normal. His eyes had slight darkness underneath them and the fact he had been very calm with her today gave her suspicions that something wasn’t right. But who was she to question or to judge? It wasn’t any of her business, well for the time being, it wasn’t. They were just colleagues, business partners.

They arrived at the studio to record. They sat down at the table for a bit. Boa read over the lyrics again and again, humming the tune softly.

“Ah shoot.”

“What is it?” Boa asked him.

“I need to get the director,” he got up again, rolling up his sleeves. “Wait for a bit.” With that, he was gone. For a few minutes Boa kept refreshing what she had to sing but then it got to a point where if she did this too much then she would be singing in her sleep.

Her eyes went to his phone he’d left on the table. He kept it in a black case to prevent scratches. She picked it up, almost dropping it when it vibrated. She saw the symbol that was a logo with a white envelope.

Deep down she knew the danger in giving in to temptation. But there was something about this that piqued her interest more than it should have. She managed to open the message written from someone whose name wasn't listed. He mustn't have had this person in their contacts. The length was about two lines, the message loud and clear:

I’ll be in town next week. Hope we can maybe catch up if that’s ok with you.

That would have be the end of it if Boa hadn’t noticed that Dean had several draft messages which were left in the folder. She opened it and then started from the bottom:

I should delete my number so you can’t ever call me. I don’t want to talk to you.

What made him so aggressive towards her? She read the next two:

I don’t want to speak to you ever again. Not after what happened.

The wound is too deep; I can’t forgive you so easily.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

She froze, eyes darting to the door where an enraged Dean stood. His anger magnified every part of his toned being like a gladiator about to go into battle. There was no argument, no complication. She was in the wrong. She put her phone down on the table.

“H-How could you?!” Though he sounded angry Boa couldn’t help but notice that he may have been exasperated too. “I just want to do my job and yet you…” He then ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head. “You know what, forget it. Get out.”

“B-but Dean…” Had she heard him right?

“I said get out!” She didn’t wait for him to repeat it, he was fired up again. Boa grabbed her coat and her bag, leaving the room quickly as she could. While she was down the hallway the door slamming echoed through the emptiness of the long narrow space. It echoed the disappointment and the shame in her heart.

As she got to her apartment she flung herself onto her bed, burying her face in a pillow. She’d asked her guards to give her some peace and quiet. As soon as her manager learnt that her schedule had been altered he would get something else for her to do. She still had to shoot photographs for the album cover and booklet. Then there was the official press conference and other appearances to go to. But that was the least of her worries. What she struggled with was simply her and Dean. How was she going to finish the song now? 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ah this is so late I’m sorry, I’ve been caught up in other updates so I haven’t had the time as such to write. Sorry it isn’t long either

 

- E_magine