One

Trainee Days

 

Chapter 1

Ever since Jihae was 5, her dream was to become a singer or dancer. She never took singing lessons before but she took ballet lessons and hip-hop lessons as she grew up.  At the age of 12 she decided to take auditions and her luck came when she went Korea with her family. However her mum said she couldn’t take the auditions because of her appearance. She was fat.

The dream that ________ had was destroyed. But still the goal of her dream was to become a singer so she decided to wait for another 2 years and in that two years she lost all her weight. She was pretty and had nice curves. Just what a singer would look like.

At the age of 14 she went to Korea for vacation but she had planned to take the auditions at SM, JYP, YG and Star Empire. She had practiced for many weeks when she was in Australia and sent videos of her dancing and singing to all 4 entertainments. All she had to do was now wait and take the auditions.

___________ P.O.V

Today is my 16th birthday but I planned to do nothing because I was now under Star Empire training to become a singer.

-FLASHBACKS-

I finally arrived in Korea, how much I wanted to take the auditions and how much I wanted to become a singer. I lost all the weight that my mum told me to so that it would give me more advantage to become a singer.

Sadly I got rejected or failed from SM, JYP and YG. My last option was Star Empire. And my audition happened to be on my birthday, which that didn’t really care to me.

After the audition, I finally got accepted and my family decided to live in Korea due to my trainee. But sometimes there would go back to Australia for work and leave with a rent apartment along with some money that will keep me from buying things that I need until they come back. They told me at the age of 15 that they will stay in Australia for at least an year and left the next day.

-END OF FLASHBACKS-

It has finally been 2 years training under Star Empire but I didn’t have any friends. I don’t attend school or college due to the fact that back when I was 14 I couldn’t really go to school or else I wouldn’t understand a thing in Korean. But still my parents were Korean so I can still speak Korean fine but not so well…

Unlike other kids that come from school to train, I would train everyday by myself in the morning and in the afternoon around 4, the other trainees arrive and so does the dance or singing teacher.

Back to reality, I was stretching my body and dancing to other artist’s song until I heard the door open and saw a guy coming. He was covered up in scarf and a beanie so I couldn’t tell who he was but I kept on dancing and didn’t give interest in him.

As I was practicing to do the front flip, the guy kept on staring at me. I felt stars on me, gosh it freaking the crap out of me. He finally took of his scarf and beanie until I realise that it was Dongjun. A boy who had took the same audition with me on the day and we were the only two that made it. Ever since the day we never spoke to each other except the ‘hi’ and ‘bye’, it was like that for 2 years. He was very talented but I never complimented him as I could admit that I don’t really like to socialise with other people.

He started to stretch his body with the music that I and he looked at me with a smile.

“You need help with that?” Dongjun asked

“No” I replied and kept on doing the flip until I got dizzy so I just collapsed my body on the ground and just stayed there, staring at the ceiling. I felt the ground shake for a second, I got up and saw Dongjun doing the front flip perfectly. I just stared at him blankly.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I turned my head to the clock at the back of the room seeing that it was only 12PM.

“Didn’t feel like school so I just came here” he replied simply and did a back flip. WHAT? A back flip? Wow, this guy is really talented... “What are you doing here, shouldn’t YOU be at school?” he asked

“None of your business” I replied and got up and walked to my bag for water.

“Hey, we never got to talk to each other but I know lots about you…” he said as he walked up to me

I just nodded and started to drink my water.

“Well, my name is Dongjun and you must be ________” he said with a smile and took out his hand for a shake

I just stared at the hand and walked off to the stereos and a different music. I looked back and saw that he was getting something out of his bag but I didn’t care and turned around to look for a decent song to play on my i-pod so that I can make a new routine. As I turned my back, I saw Dongjun holding a plate full of chocopies and each of them had a candle. In total there were 16. I looked at him with big eyes.

“You should blow the candles if I was you” he said with a smile

I gave him a blank look and then slowly blowed the candles and looked at him blankly again. Yes, I happen to give blank faces to people when I’m shocked or surprised.

“How did you know?” I asked with no tone in my voice

“Well, it said on the bulletin board downstairs and I saw your name on it and decided to get you chocopie because I couldn’t afford the cake so yeah. I hope you like it though..” he replied as he blushed.

“Err…thanks” I replied and took the plate and started to eat the chocopie as I sat down on the ground. I really liked chocopie but never bought any because it would be a waste of money. I ate one slowly, one by one until I saw Dongjun standing in front of me with something behind his back and he took it out slowly so that I could get curious. I later then realise that it was two boxes of chocopie.

And that’s how the day went and we became friends. Well, that’s what he declared.

DONGJUN P.O.V

Ever since me and her made to the audition, I really like her. She liked to dance the same style as me and she could even do moves that a guy can’t do. But she’s so quiet and it looks like she doesn’t like to communicate with other people. I decided to find out about her secretly by asking other people her name, age, what she likes and dislike, D.O.B etc. However I never got the chance to talk to her except I would say hi or bye but other than that, nothing. 2 years went past and the feelings I had for her grew little by little. Until it was her birthday, she was the same age as me so I could count that we could be friends. I prepared chocpies and candles for her.

As I walked up to the studio, I heard SNSD ‘Run Devil Run’ and thought someone might have been in there. I opened the door and saw her dancing but she didn’t care when I came in. I didn’t think she could recognise me because I had a scarf and beanie on. I saw her practicing and she gave me a look that she was starting freak out when I was staring at her. I took the scarf and beanie off and later saw that she was practicing the front flips.

As time passed,I made a surprise by giving her two boxes of chocopie and a cake of chocopie, I was pretty satisfied with myself. And I guess that’s how me and __________ became close friends and my inner feelings grew more and more.