Claustrophobia Enfolds

Since The Day You Saved My Life

Kevin sat half-awake at the small kitchen table of his run-down apartment. After the initial shock of his dream had worn off, drowsiness had taken over once more. He yawned and sipped his hot coffee.

 

            On the other hand, Kiseop was practically bouncing in the chair across from him. He’d already been in a fairly good mood, but when Kevin said he believed him it just completely set him off. He’d called Jaeseop and told him to come over, just to be sure. Jaeseop said he’d be there soon and hung up. So all Kiseop could do was wait- which he at by the way.

 

            “Kiseop…” Kevin said after a few silent moments.

 

            “Hmm?” he hummed, looking up from his cell phone.

 

            “Nothing…” Kevin said. Kiseop noticed a slight blush in his cheeks and became curious.

 

            “Nothing?”

 

            “I ahh…” Kevin smiled and scratched the back of his neck nervously, “I just wanted to hear your voice, that’s all…”

 

            The young vampire was slightly confused at this. To hear his voice? Why? Was there really something to gain from that? For the next few moments, they both just stared at each other awkwardly. Finally, it was broken by a knock on the door- making them both turn to face it. Jaeseop opened it and walked in without even waiting for a response.

 

            “This better be important…” He mumbled as he walked over to the table and slumped down.

 

            “I- I believe him.” Kevin blurted out. Jaeseop looked at him and raised his eyebrow curiously

 

            “Hmm…?” He seemed to stare into his soul for almost a minute. Then he turned to Kiseop, “He does.” Kiseop released a sigh of relief.

 

            “I knew it!” he exclaimed proudly.

 

After a while, Jaeseop left. Kevin went to work and Kiseop followed, just like the day before. Everything seemed to happen the same.

 

“Damn, didn’t we do this exact thing yesterday?” Kiseop said as Kevin pulled the window shades in his office down, masking the sunlight.

 

Kevin sighed, “Yes.” The vampire groaned and sat down in an uncomfortable office chair. He watched as Kevin worked just as every other day. Finally, the day was over and it was time to leave. Kevin stopped at his parent’s shrine and neatly put away the candles. Kiseop came and watched closely.

 

“Are they your parents?” He asked quietly.

 

“Yes…” Kevin replied glumly. Kiseop was slightly surprised. He didn’t really expect Kevin to answer him, but he was thankful he did.

 

“Can I ask what happened?”

 

“Oh ahh…c-car crash…two years ago.” The boy replied, his voice uneasy. Kiseop perceived he didn’t want to talk about it and dropped the subject. Yet right then and there, it all clicked in his mind. The familiar feelings, the de ja vou, it all made sense. But…should he tell Kevin? No, that wouldn’t be good. He followed Kevin back home and waited as the younger boy fell asleep, keeping his realization a secret.

 

________________

 

 

            When Kevin awoke the next morning, Kiseop wasn’t there. He sighed and went about his usual business of getting ready. He caught the bus and went to work. Though again, no one seemed to talk to him. The next few days were the same. Kiseop wasn’t there but Kevin couldn’t seem to forget him.

 

 It was strange. Everything was back to normal, but something didn’t feel right. He’d gotten used to the elder boy’s sassy attitude, his perky personality, over the few days he’d been there. There was something about Kiseop, something that Kevin seemed to like.

 

Other than that, there was also a familiarity that seemed to intrigue him. He felt as though he’d known Kiseop for years. The moment he saw him, something just clicked. When he’s with Kiseop he feels different than usual. He feels…safe. But most of all, he feels happy, and that’s something he hasn’t felt in a long time.

 

_____________

 

Kiseop watched the man creep swiftly through the crisp night air. He moved precisely, like he’d had every motion planned out. Even with his enhanced supervision, Kiseop had difficulty locking his trained eyes on the other speeding vampire.

 

            Where was that boy going? Not towards Kevin, that was for sure. Yet Kiseop still watched him, a feeling was stuck In his gut. Something bad was going to happen, he knew it. But what? Was something going to happen to Kevin? He didn’t understand why, but he felt as though he needed to protect that blonde-haired boy.

 

            He’d always felt like that, ever since he’d met him on that fateful, terrifying night. That night that took his self right away. That night two years ago. Sighing, he began to follow the blurring figure through the damp, muddy street.

 

__________   

 

Kevin was leaving work later than usual today. It was obvious he’d already missed the bus. But he didn’t mind. He’d never liked taking that mediocre unit of transportation, and yet he always did. There was no other way.

 

            He walked down the damp street quickly, his footsteps echoing through the barren streets. There was a stale, wet smell in the air that made him sick. Why was it that he was so sensitive to smells? For as long as he could remember, his sense of smell had been astounding.

 

            As Kevin walked through the streets, he felt as though he was being watched. Was someone watching him? Or was he just being paranoid again? Either were likely. After the past week, anything could be possible- and he believed it was. The next few minutes were silent as the blonde haired boy tried desperately to calm his nervous senses.

 

            Then he thought he heard it. A…cough? No, surely not. No one else was there but him. Yet maybe…maybe there was. He quickened his pace, even though that wouldn’t actually help if it was one of them. A shiver ran down his thin torso and he shuttered slightly. Soon, Kevin was at the large metal doors of the stairwell. He reached down to the knob and froze.

 

            This time, he was afraid. He’d always been claustrophobic in stairwells. But now, it wasn’t just that. He had this…feeling- like something bad was going to happen. He glanced around; no one else was there and the elevator was still out of service just like it had been for the past four years. Sighing, he creaked open a metallic door and slipped though, his shoes squeaking on the worn and dirty linoleum floor.

 

He started the journey up. And with each step, the flight seemed to get longer and longer. It was as if he’d never get out. And all the while, that watched feeling hung in the air.

 

            He got to the top of the second flight of stairs and stopped in his tracks. There was a man standing there. He looked only a few years older than Kevin. His hair was a rich chocolate brown and pulled back into a small ponytail. He was looking at the ground, preventing Kevin from seeing his face clearly in the terribly lit stairwell.

 

            ‘He’s just a man…just a man…” Kevin mentally reassured himself and went to pass him. Though he was stopped when the man suddenly spoke.

 

            “You, Kevin.” He said stiffly. Kevin slowly wheeled around to face the man whom was still not looking at him. “I’m Alexander.”

 

            The blonde boy nodded slowly. “You’ve kept me waiting.” Alexander said, looking up into Kevin’s eyes.

 

            Kevin’s heart nearly stopped in his chest. Those eyes…those eyes were blood red. And for the thousandth time, Kevin wished Kiseop was here.

 


Yay updates! I hope you lurve this chappie~!!

Are my chapters getting shorter? I hope not....tell me if you think so and i'll try to make them longer!!

Ok thanks for subscribing guys, love you!

Comments= Love 

 

Comment Replies

Kakurine039: You like my writing style? I didn't think my style was all that good(if it can even be considered a style haha) but thanks anyway! I'll try to keep the chapters hot haha.

RangerDanger1315: Yippee!! I'm glad you liked it!! I hope you liked this new chappie too~!!

kisayamato: <3 and i'm in love with you for being in love with my story <3 and i know the parents dying is sad...but at least Kevin's alive! ...though he's depressed...but he's alive! More than we can say about Kiseop...

SapphireMoon: Great questions!! But guess what...I can't answer them! I know the answers, but you've gotta wait and find out~! Mwahaha. Thanks for loving my story~!!

Thanks for the awesome comments guys, keep it up! And for those silent readers, comment already- i don't bite! It's not like i'm a vampire...

heheh see what i did thurr? No? ok...