Encounter.

Project VI: Children of God

 

"How is class?” Aaron raised an eyebrow at his younger brothers and sister once they met again in front of the cafeteria, struggling to keep trace of one another among the stream of hungry students, all wanting to get that tasty treat called lunch. Once again, mixed feelings overflowed inside the siblings’ head, and all they saw was red, that undeniable color, the color of victory and of love, and in this case, of life. Quickly they looked at one another, examining the cold, blank expressions that mirrored their own; know-it-all grins appeared on their face as each of them, slowly, built a stable fort inside their head and hid there to keep themselves safe from all of those emotions outside, and maybe, inside. Willingly, they loosened their stressed muscles and allowed their bodies to go with the flow. As the students jostled one another out to find a way, they seperated, eyes still fixed ahead, and loosely they let those strangers push them forward. When the students were still sweating from the heat and hunger constantly owned them, the siblings reunited and found themselves a table in a faraway corner, distant from the noisy mess at the front of the cafeteria. Junhong as usual sat next to the window, his eyes facing the wall. Minki sat there, between his younger brother and Dongho, the latter was somehow overly excited when he sat down. Aaron examined his dongsaengs’ faces again, and soon after that he smiled satisfiedly and got himself a seat opposite Junhong with Minjun sticking close to his side.
 

   “So?” He raised his voice trying to bring back the question he had given before, and received a wave of mumbling sounds of weak words like ‘Fine’ or ‘Okay, I guess’. He grinned cheerfully at the younger, who were all concentrating in their own matters. Few minutes later, an obvious growling sound of an empty stomach was made, and everyone immediately fixed their eyes on Dongho, as if there was a rule among them that stated Dongho is always the one to be hungry first. The masculine teen grinned apologetically at his siblings, as Minjun rolled her eyes and stood up.

 

   “I’ll go get lunch.” She said, and Dongho nodded indifferently, as if he didn’t care who was going as long as he could get his food soon. Minki smiled weakly as a refusal, and watching his little hands trembling like that everyone knew he had better stayed behind. Junhong threw his baby sister a glassy look before mumbling something about cherry tomatoes and quickly regained his unconcious state. Aaron laughed shaking his head and stood up with Minjun. Leaving the three behind, the eldest and the youngest started made their way towards the food stall. The student mess was fairly scattered when they arrived. As usual, the seats were divided, and just by stealing glances they could tell where the smart sat, where the hipsters sat, where the popular sat and where the outcasts sat. Even in the young’s world, things need to be fairly divided.

 

   “Come on, Min.” Aaron reached out to take his sister’s hand; reassuring that she wouldn’t just slip right out of his fingertips and disappear when he did so. It was kind of funny to him, the person who barely gets nervous. He chuckled at the realization of how ridiculous of it for him to jump up everytime Minjun cleared , and he hoped that his wall was stable enough to not let anyone see that. Dongho would surely laugh his head off when he found out about this, and Aaron wouldn’t let that ruin his reputation.

 

   Some girls turned around to look at Aaron, hand-in-hand with Minjun; and whispers rose out clearlier than ever as those girls managed to draw the attention of the crowd to the siblings. Aaron frowned, he doesn’t like it when people gossip about him; and when things come to his siblings, he despises it. Minjun’s hand wriggled inside his uncomfortably, she also overheard those conversations. Aaron looked deep into her eyes and slightly frowned, that way she received his signal: Ignore them. There is nothing to worry about.

 

   Soon, the whispers died out and they made their way to the stall. While Aaron checked his pocket for money, Minjun ordered for all of them. Among the siblings, she was still the one who understands her brothers and sisters the most.

 

   After they paid and picked up two trays full of food from the lunch lady, Aaron and Minjun walked back to their table chatting casually. Minjun seemed to be really excited about her first day at school, because though her expressions seemed blank, the gleaming light in her eyes still showed the opposite thing. Hiding a smile gliding through his lips, Aaron picked up his pace a little thinking that Minjun had to be right behind him.

 

   He was wrong, indeed he did, because when he turned around, there was a huge line of sophomores’ seperating them, making the confused young girl look totally desperate and lost as she spinned around in one spot looking for her older brother.

 

   “Min!” He called out and the younger immediately reacted. She turned around in a blink of an eye towards his direction; and before any of them could even realize the situation, Minjun bumped into a young man with wavy, reddish-brown bangs covering his right eye. Clattering sounds of falling dishes were heard, but it seemed like no one even bothered turning around to look at them. Aaron tried to hold a stronger grip of his tray, hoping that he wouldn’t bump into someone like Minjun did. Once he got next to the three – Minjun, that guy whose shirt was badly stained after the incident, and his friends. Surrounding the last person was a charismatic and influencing aura, and as Aaron examined his face in a thousandth of a second, he thought he had seen that young man somewhere. All dressed in white, except for the blue backpack on his left shoulder, with that shy yet mysterious smile plastered on his lips. His name tag indicated that he was a junior – the same age as Dongho, so Aaron surely hadn’t met one of his classmates. Shaking the thought out of his head to concentrate on the real matter, the older blinked and saw Minjun bowing at the teen, while the younger was just chuckling in silence.

 

   “You don’t need to say sorry that much, Minjun-ssi, after all it was also my fault for not watching my way.” He smiled, and Aaron was startled. He mentally took a note to figure out why the young man knew her name, and Minjun, who also seemed to be intrigued, asked him.

 

   “Name tag.” He chuckled and pointed at a spot right under her left shoulder, making the two siblings unintentionally blush slightly at the same time and wonder why they could be so silly when supposed to be the most lucid people in the adoptive family. “Besides we are in the same class, I believe I saw you earlier this morning.”

 

   “Oh…” Minjun looked up at the guy and blinked calmly, although she mentally jumped back at the sight of those cold and merciless eyes. Glaring at his obviously exposed name tag, she whispered his name while appreciating the fact that he wasn’t the type of people that enjoyed breaking the school’s rules. “Jonghyun-ssi, right? Sorry for being so careless again. Please let me wash your jacket for you, or maybe I’ll buy you and your friend lunch as an apology?”

 

   That Jonghyun teen refused politely with a calm voice and Minjun nodded along with his words, while Aaron and his friend stared each other down. A grin spreaded across the latter’s face as Jonghyun and Minjun wished each other for a wonderful meal, and the two parties bowed down at each other again before letting the janitor clean the messy floor and left. Aaron insisted on holding the only tray left again, so Minjun let her brother do it and they returned to their table, where the other three were waiting.

 

   “I saw that mess you make over there.” Dongho grinned as they both sat down and Minjun began to distribute the food to everyone. “Hey Min, was that your boyfriend over there? He looked hot!” He purposely prolonged the final word, making Minjun blush a little. Aaron scowled at him, while Junhong took one side of his earphone out and laughed silently while chewing his steaks. Minki, on the other hand, smiled devilishly and smacked Dongho’s head with his fork.

 

   “Minki!” The older whined miserably while his other siblings bursted out with laughter. The feminine blond ignored his longing whining and pulled his dish closer to him.

 

   “Don’t you rub your dirty mind off on our little girl; she’s still too young for dating and stuff like that.” He muttered under his breaths while throwing death glares at Dongho. Aaron chuckled; the fights between the two blondes were something too common that they might feel uneasy with the lack of those. Drifting his eyes from one place to another dreamily, he spotted another table in the other far corner of the room, where that Jonghyun guy and his friend were having their lunch in what was pretty much pure silence. Suddenly Jonghyun looked up, and their eyes met.

 

   In that very tiny bit of moment, Aaron felt like someone punched his chest really hardly, his pulse went chaos as Jonghyun smirked and looked down again. The older swore he had never experienced such thing before in his life, and he had to try his best to keep himself together as he turned his attention back to the tables nearby.

 

   “Hyung!” He felt someone jumping on his back out of the blue when he was doing something in the backyard. It was a little boy, he could tell that by the chorusing sound of his clear laughter. The boy slowly slid down his back, pouting at him. “Let’s play hyung, you have been working all day long!”

   To his surprise, he found himself laughing and carrying the little boy up while twirling him around in the air, making the young boy laughed happily. The sun was shining so bright that he couldn’t see that boy’s face, but those big brown eyes were so pure and beautiful…

 

   “Yah, hyung!” Dongho waved his hand again in front of Aaron’s face, gently startling the older. Aaron turned around adsent-mindedly, receiving weird glares from his sibling as they continued chewing their food in freezing silence.

 

   “Oh…” He looked down as his plate again, but lunch seemed not as appetizing as before. Hiding his trembling hands in his pocket, Aaron stood up.

 

   “I’m going out for some fresh air, be right back.” His legs felt like cooked spaghetti as he started staggering out of the cafeteria, almost as if they were screaming in demand for him to stop right now and sit down. Silently he rushed to the bathroom and stared his reflection in the mirror down, breathing in and out slowly, trying to recall that feeling he had before and why on Earth did he ever feel that way.

 

 

Author's words: So... UPDATE! Finally JRon met xD Is it just me or I smell something different? xD Okay I at hinting so I'm going to leave you alone and try to think of something for the next chapter, to be honest I don't even know where this will go Dx UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE GUYS! DON'T FORGET TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS~