Threads.

Project VI: Children of God

 

Minhyun swore that he felt someone watching him. But as soon as he opened his eyes, the sight was as its usual state. It was only him sitting on the grass, drowned in the burning light of the sun and his feelings. When his skin started to feel the burning feeling as the beams of sunlight embraced his arms, Minhyun stood up and decided to walk back into the house. Instead of going on the straight path leading to the significantly decorated wooden door at the front, he walked around the garden, staying under the shade of the huge statues until he approached a simple door leading into the dining room. From times to times, Minhyun had already learnt how to press his palm against the doorknob so that the click sound wouldn’t be heard, and that way he opened the door and walked into the house in deep silence. He cautiously closed his eyes and looked around, and as he felt the presence of no one around him, he began to walk loosely to the cupboard. Rummaging through it, he soon found a sharp cutting knife and in just a blink of an eye, it was already cutting a line down from the gap between his index finger and his middle finger.
 

   “Young master!” Minhyun stopped cutting himself as the old butler dashed into the kitchen and looked at him in what could be too much to be called terror. The younger slowly pulled the knife out, dropped it into the sink and later stared back at the old butler with some kind of, apparently, amusement in his eyes, though his hand was bleeding severely. Red blood stained his white jeans and luxurious silken shirt, dripping from his hand to the floor and causing his head to spin around a little; despite that fact the only thing that wasn’t damaged was the red thread connecting his fingers. Instead, it somehow absorbed his blood and seemed to become thicker. Minhyun gaped at it for a few seconds, his mind couldn’t be less empty so he didn’t even noticed it when he got pulled into a shiny limousine and driven to the nearest hospital. The butler was sitting next to him, obviously frightened at the sight of one teenager who dared to slice his own hand in half like that; but the person who had recently gotten himself into an accident on purpose looked extremely phlegmatic as he raised his arm and examined the wound with a proud smirk when he saw the blood soaking the temporary gauze. It looked just like an angel’s wings after he got out of a severe battle.

 

 

 

 

   He was now sitting on a chair neatly placed in a corner of the room as his doctor went to talk with the old butler. The latter’s shoulders were still trembling at the thought of that unexpected morning experience; and the doctor pulled the curtain that seperated the two halves of the door before the pulling away and whispering something to him. He thought if so he could hide away something, but Minhyun knew darn well what he was supposed to say. the brand new stitches on his hand, he closed his eyes and concentrated to feel the emotions and hear those secret whispers from the doctor:

 

   “Has Minhyun-nim been taking his medicines lately? His state seems to get worse these days and we are pretty certain that his body can’t stand another self-torturing session like this. Something needs to be done for him, and we would highly recommend you take bringing him here temporary into consideration. That way we can monitor him easier, and as a matter of fact, he might as well be cured.” The doctor said in a flat tone, and the subject of the talk soon realized that the doctor himself was too tired of seeing him and saying those words to the cowardly butler, whose lips must have been trembling in fear as he heard the not-so-unfamiliar news:

 

   “But… Master Hwang, he won’t be satisfied about this…”

 

  “It is the boy that matters, Kim-nim, and I think that his father should really consider about this, but…” Minhyun heard the doctor cursing in his mind, telling himself how annoying it was to talk to those people with obsequious attitude towards the ambassador and his idotically despressed son. What the latter didn’t know was that the ‘idiotically depressed son’ was slowly bending down from his seat and picked a long, red string leading from his ankle. Minhyun it with too much of a loving attitude before pulling it with his best strength. He heard a small thud from the other half of the room and walked out as the butler shrieked. The doctor was lying on the floor, eyes wide opened, apparently suffered from a heart attack. Some nurses came into the room and called for help, as one of the doctor’s colleague ascorted the young man and his butler out of the room, assuring them that nothing wrong would happen. Minhyun smirked, knowing that something will have to happen, since he knew too well how those red threads would work. He was even aware of the fact that one’s life could be taken by such a simple task performed on his or her thread.

 

 

 

 

   “Mom, what are these for?” The little Minhyun lifted the red thread that was between his fingers up, as well as the pink, smaller thread leading right to his mother, each side tied around their pinkies. His mother turned back to look at him, her eyebrows furrowed a little as she saw her son holding his hand out at her as if he was carrying something fragile, though she couldn’t see a single thing on it. The ambassador’s lady smiled, thinking to herself that there could be nothing more wonderful than a child’s imagination. She knelt down next to her son and pretended to finger whatever it was on his hand and said:

 

   “I don’t know, Hyunnie-ah, but I bet these are for something extraordinary. It is something that only you can do, so keep it as a secret, okay?”

 

   “Yes, Mom.” Beamed the little Minhyun as he felt something crept through his brain. He was too young to tell it, but we can describe it as a doubtful feeling; as his mother could see nothing but his own bare hand, and she was still suspicious whether her son saw it for real or he just said it for some attention.

 

   Soon after that, the door of Minhyun’s room creeked open, and a maid got inside to tell the lady that she needed to go prepare for the dinner with someone important in the city. She kissed Minhyun’s forehead, bid him her goodbye and quickly left the room. Her son’s eyes were glued on her as she left; and moments later he heard someone said:

 

   “Minhyun was just imagining it. I couldn’t even see a single dust on his hand.”

 

   That voice was all too familiar, and it was easy for Minhyun to know that it was no one more than his own mother. A frown appeared on his young face when he recalled that his own mother didn’t even on the threads when he let her see it. He was hurt, knowing that his own mother didn’t believe him, and began to think about something that would prove her he was right. Maybe if he cuts her thread and holds it right in front of her eyes, she would finally believe it.

 

 

 

 

   The ambassador’s lady was sitting on her bed, combing her black, silky hair as her only child opened the door and looked at her with a fearful gaze in his eyes. Minhyun knew that his cold father didn’t like it when he tried to get into his room, but his mother smiled and pulled him in, putting him right on the bed, next to her. Soon she found out that her son was holding his scissors, and asked him:

 

   “Hyunnie-ah, what are those for?”

 

   “Mom, I want to show you something.” Replied her son as his eyes lit up in excitement. “Just wait and see it.” 

 

   The lady’s eyes were a bit confused as her son slid his way out of the bed and bent down. He used the scissors two times, as if taking a small section of whatever it is he was trying to get. A few moments later, he held up something at her face and smiled proudly. His mother soon realized that it was the thread he had been talking about earlier that day, and smiled:

 

   “Well, what a beautiful little thread you got there, Hyun…”

 

   Just then, she felt like something was squeezing her body real hard with its strong grip. She opened trying to grasp for air without knowing a single clue why she was being like that. Minhyun screamed as he saw his mother trembling uncontrollably on the bed, and soon after that his father and some maids bursted the door open. His mother was carried away; but despite the fact that all of the best doctors in the city were there in attempt to save her, the ambassador’s lady only had a few painful minutes to bid her farewell to her husband and son. She passed away not long after that, with a peaceful smile on her lips.

 

  

 

 

   Minhyun sat there on his bed, wearing his black suit and staring out at the rain. He had just been back from his mother’s funeral, where she got buried down along with her thread which had turned black after her death. That was when Minhyun was aware of his ability, he was the only one who could see those threads; and God knew what else he could do more than killing just with those fragile threads.

 

 

 

 

   He opened his eyes rapidly and quickly sat up from his white piano, not without slamming some violent notes on it. After realizing that the past had been back to haunt him one more time, he stood up from his seat and raised his lately injured him up in the air, admiring those stitches on his hand. Though he couldn’t feel pain – he has been nonchalant to feeling for a long time – he knew that he couldn’t stand another cut until his hand was properly healed. Instead, he headed to a cage placed neatly by the window, where a pidgeon was looking at him with its pure brown eyes. He bent down to look at his newest pet and smiled. Though the smile was purely angelic and the sun was shining, making that even brighter, there was still a devilish flash gleaming in those shallow pupils; and that light grew even brighter when he began to speak:

 

   “Good afternoon, Guillaume. How are you feeling?”        

 

   The pidgeon looked at him one more time and tilted its head, almost as if saying ‘fine’. His smile turned into a smirk as he the red string attached to its leg and pulled a pair of scissors out of the drawer. It was the ones he used when he killed the first time, and the victim was no one else than his own mother. He slowly shook away the thoughts from his head and looked at the pidgeon again:

 

   “Good. Now let’s see if you’re fine anymore after this.” He smirked before putting the thread between the window’s hinges and slamming it hard. The pidgeon made a horrible noise as its left wings was broken and made an attempt to escape from the cage, only to be more hurt and to make its feathers flying everywhere. Minhyun continued his torturing session, slowly break Guillaume’s right wing and legs, letting the pidgeon endure pain before cutting its thread in half. The pidgeon’s eyes became emotionless moments later as it collapsed down without making a single sound.

 

   “Rest in peace, my friend.” Minhyun smirked and pressed the bell on his table.

 

   Moments later, the newly-hired maid walked into her young master’s room to see him standing there with a wild smile on his lips. He ordered her to clean the dead pidgeon which she herself bought home for him just a couple days ago, and she obeyed in silence, though his glares were sending chills down her spine. She walked out of the room later and bowed at him in respect, but was ignored as usual. She stopped for a moment, looking at the teen that was looking out of the window with a satisfied smile while taking a small feather out of his hair. It took her a moment to find out that she was freaked out; and she soon escaped from that room, sweats forming on her forehead as she swore she would quit her job the next day.

 

 

 

Author's words: Whee 5 subbies~ Thank you~

Well I don't have anything to say at the moment, so... until the next update! <3<3<3