Unexpected Surprise

Dazzling Wish

 

“You little punk. Don’t you dare judge me by my appeareance, you j---“ Then something caught my eye. I stared at his slender neck, there was a dark onyx chain with a star pendant. I let go of his collar, setting him free from my grasp. I placed my hand on my chest. Why is my heart beating quickly? I stared at Eli, who was fixing his clothes.

. . .

I stared at my white ceiling while laying down on my bed. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe it. Those were the same words I kept repeating over and over. Ugh! I can’t sleep. I sat up and totally zoned out, staring at the wall. I wonder if I still have it. I jumped off my bed and opened my closet. There was a box in my closet in the corner of the space. I opened it slowly and rummaged through it.

There! I told myself.

I took the heart shaped paper slowly and held it carefully. The beads were still intact but the writing on it was a bit faded. I smiled to myself and brought it with me in bed. If I think about it… he does look the same. How did I not notice this? I mean, I’ve been fangirling over UKISS for a long time now. I held the heart paper to my chest and let myself fall on my pillow. Sigh.

Three distinctive knocks echoed in my room.

“Come in!” I called out, covering myself with my duvet blanket.

Kevin’s head poke through the door and he closed the door behind him slowly, trying not to wake my parents up.

“I was wondering what time you’d realize.” I murmured, staring at the alarm clock: 2:08am.

“You took a chance!? What if I slept and just disappeared? You’re such an .” Kevin snapped; quiet enough for only the both of us to hear.

I glared at him and showed him the hand, pulling the blanket over my head.

“Fine. Since I’m an , I’m not going to do anything about it.” I frowned, under the blanket, seeing nothing but darkness.

I felt someone poke my feet and grab it. I yelped and kicked his hand, struggling he started tickling my foot, grabbing my ankle through the blanket. My laughing filled the room, fed up, I kicked Kevin’s side hard.

“Ow?”  Kevin growled, rubbing his ribs. “I could just do that again. Come on. I’m tired too, let’s just get it over with.”

“Take back what you said.” I muttered under my breath.

“Fine. Sorry. I didn’t mean it.” He muttered bitterly.

He exposed his milk white skin again, holding up his hair. I placed my hand on his arm, and he shifted a bit, as if my hand were as cold as ice. I sighed and slowly pressed my lips on the dark markings on his neck. Again, within a few seconds, the tattoo glowed, Kevin glowed. I took the watch from my coffee table:

“Time Reset. 23:59hours remaining.”

I wiped my lips and looked away, avoiding Kevin’s tired gaze. Suddenly, I felt two hands on my cheeks, pulling them to face me. I gulped and stared at Kevin, frozen.

His eyes squinted and he chuckled:

“Why are you burning up?”

“Sh-Shut up!” I slapped his hands away.

“Can I ask you a question, weirdo?” He sat on the bed, leaning against the board.

I hummed in response, giving him permission to continue with his question.

“What happened earlier with Eli?”

I winced at his name and tried changing the subject. But Kevin knew something was up and being the jerk and stubborn brat he is, he pressed on.

“Well?” He pressured me.

“It’s a long story. It doesn’t really matter.” I muttered. “I think we should sleep now.”

“Fine. “ He got off the bed and closed the door behind him.

Once I heard his door close, I covered myself with the blanket, still holding the heart shaped card in my hands. Elison Kim, so that was his name all along… I managed to ease my mind, thinking of his smile and managed to get a good night’s sleep.

***

First day in Kevin’s Korean class. Sigh. I placed my books neatly onto the desk and watched all of my other fellow students flow in.

”Apparently, the teacher is hot!” I heard the girl beside me squeal.

“Well, duh. It’s Kevin from UKISS. I enrolled only for him. He’s such a hottie.”

“An absolute angel. I want him to discipline me.” The girl winked to her friends.

I rolled my eyes and laid my head against the palm of my hand. This is going to be a long day, I told myself, regretting joining the class. The girls these days are such headaches.

“Good morning, class.” Kevin smiled, bowing.

Squeals and screams filled the room. I covered my ears and placated my forehead against the wooden desk.

“Yah. Miss Kim.” Kevin snapped.

I looked up at him and glared.

“What?” I snapped, all the girls around me bickered and disapproved of my harsh tone.

“Come here.” Kevin gestured.

“Why should I?” I managed a sinister smile, just to piss him off.

He growled under his breath and gestured me to come in front of the class. Being the “model” student everyone thinks I am, I got up quickly and walked down the aisle of glares that the girls shot at me.

I looked at my “teacher” and gave him a sarcastic expression, sticking out my tongue at him, making sure none of the students would see.

“You little brat.” He muttered under his breath.” Ms. Kim, will you please write down on the board what you know.”

“Pardon?” I stared at him.

“Write down what you know of the Korean language.”

I rattled my brain a bit, He obviously knew that I knew nothing. Only very simple words. But I couldn’t write in Hangul. I wasn’t able to.

I don’t know how to write anything.” I muttered quietly, only making Kevin hear.

“Pardon? Speak louder.” He pressed on.

What is he trying to do? Embarrass me? I looked down and said louder:

“I don’t know how to write anything.”

Most of the girls laughed and bickered: “See, I told you she isn’t that smart.” “She’s not even pretty.” “What a weirdo” “Hyuna was right, she’s an absolute nobody.”

I felt my expressions darken, my fist formed into balls. I hate this school. All these girls are such snobs. I glared at the class and back at Kevin. Kevin held a shocked expression and looked towards the class, trying to calm them down.

“This is really dumb.” I murmured, Kevin looking back up at me.

“I can do it.” I heard a familiar voice say.

Everybody turned towards the door and there she was; Hyuna. Hyuna, her skirt, of course, very short, exposing her milky white thighs and her white polo shirt, two buttons down. Provocatively.

“Omo, it’s Hyuna.” Some girls would say in absolute awe.

Hyuna walked her way towards me, her heels clicking. She stared at me with such cold eyes and held out her hand.

“Want to give me the chalk, Ms.Nobody?” Hyuna laughed.

“Bad mouthing is not necessary here.” Kevin snapped.

“Ah. Sorry.” Hyuna pouted, pouting her cherry hot lips, doing aegyo.

I rolled my eyes and handed her the chalk in the palm of her hand. She looked at me and with a wave of her hand, she told me to move aside. With no hesitation, I went back to my seat and watched myself get humiliated and compared to the “Queen of Hearts”. That’s what everyone called her.

With a quick speed, she wrote a huge text in hangul that no one could possibly understand besides herself and Kevin. You know what? Maybe it’s some dirty message to Kevin. I rolled my eyes when Kevin smiled and her and patted her back.

“Good job.” Kevin smiled, impressed.

Yeah. Long day alright.

***

Finally, class is over. I rushed out of the room, only to be confronted again by Hyuna. I tried to walk on by without looking at her but swiftly, she blocked my way.

“Where do you think you’re going, ____?” She growled, twirling her long auburn hair with her finger.

“To my gym class.” I growled back at her, crossing my arms.

“Oh. Is little miss sunshine still a bit bitter of the humiliation back there?” She pouted, walking around me, observing every single angle.

“Pft. Whatever. I bet you got that out of some book. You were never the brightest girl.” I muttered.

“You little .”

Suddenly, I felt my cheek sting, my head slanted sideways. I placed my hand on my cheek and stared back at the Queenka, her arm extended. I looked at her hand; one of her red polished nails broke.

“You better watch what you say, ____. Oh,  and don’t get in my way. That angel back there is mine. You got that, you little twit.” She growled as she walked down the hallway, with her group of so-called friends.

Aish. I placed my hand on my cheek again and felt a sudden burn. I stared at my hand and noticed some blood. Oh fantastic.

I turned back to go to the girl’s bathroom but got shocked by Kevin, standing in front of me.

“Oh god. You scared me.” I held my chest, and calmed my breathing.

“What happened to your face?” Kevin asked, pointing at the scratch. “Not like it makes you any prettier.”

I mumbled and just glared.

“I’m joking” Kevin muttered. “What happened?”

Before I could explain anything I noticed that if I hang around any longer I’d be late for gym. “Omo, Kevin, I’ll tell you later. I’m going to be late. Good luck with your next class!” I waved.

***

[ Kevin’s POV ]

Sigh. I watched ____ walk off to her gym class. I wanted to say sorry for earlier. I never knew she was always looked down by everyone here. And as for Hyuna, hm. She’s kind of interesting but something about her doesn’t seem right.

Oh ! I forgot to tell _____ something. I guess she’ll just find out herself.

***

[ Your POV ]

I got out of the locker room, already fully dressed. Tight red shirt and white shorts. I wonder what we’re going to do in gym now. I stretched and walked over to one of the benches, drinking water.

“______!” The teacher called.

“Coming!” I yelled, I ran towards my teacher while tying my hair with a red ribbon.

“Can you go get the soccer equipment; it should be in the storage room?” Mr.Hyun smiled.

I nodded and ran down the flight of stairs that led us to the basement. Alright, Alright. Soccer equipment. Soccer equipment. Huh? I stared at the person that was in the basement, looking through the boxes.

“Uh. Excuse me? Do you know where the soccer equipment is?” I asked.

The person turned and I just gasped.

“Hey! It’s you!” Eli said in surprise, pointing straight at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, I felt my palms get sweaty. Aish. What the hell is he doing here?

“Well, I volunteered here to get a part time job.” Eli explained.” I decided since Kevin won’t go back, I’ll stay here until he decides to. And since I don’t have a place to stay, I’m paying for the apartment I’m staying at, at the moment.”

“Oh” I mouthed.

“By the way, the soccer equipment box is right there.” He pointed at the largest box that was on the far left of the room.

“Thanks.” I lifted the box, but again my arms gave out, dropping every single thing on the ground. “Oh great. Not again!” I yelled in frustration.

I started to pick up all the equipment and throw it in the box. This is just great.

“Are you alright?” Eli asked, crouching down, picking up the equipment. I shuddered at his question. This is just like before. Freaky Déjà vu.

I didn’t bother looking at him.

“I’m fine.” I grabbed all the stuff quickly and put it in the box.

“Let me bring it up.” Eli offered.

“No, it’s fine. . . Ouch.” I felt a sudden burn on my cheek again. Stupid Hyuna.

“You have a cut!” He placed his hand on my cheek and pressed on it lightly. I groaned softly in pain and pulled away.

“I’m fine. It’s just a minor cut. Can you bring it up for me?”

He nodded and with a single second, he lifted the box as if it was just a pillow. I stared at him in awe. He was so much thinner back then, now he’s pretty… uh. I stared at his muscles. That.  I blushed.

CLICK!

“Huh?” We both said in unison.

We both stared at the large metal door that suddenly shut.

“Mw-Mwoh?” I said, I ran to the door and tried to open it. ”It-It won’t open!”

“What?” Eli tried to open the door but even him who is pretty strong couldn’t open the door, we were locked. AISH. WE’RE LOCKED.

Oh no.

I’m locked in a vault. Alone. With Eli.

Can this get anymore awkward?