Red Hot Heels

Dazzling Wish

 

I woke up to the sunrays warming my face and my alarm clock ringing abruptly. I groaned in fatigue and stared at the machine that kept ringing beside me. 6:00am. I sat up straight and rubbed my eyes. Oh great. I have school, here’s another day of watching my friends with their boyfriends. And in class with a bunch of jerks, I thought to myself, disgusted of the thought. I stretched my arms in the air and got up to get dressed. Once I’ve tidied everything, from my skirt to my tie, I walked on over to the guest room’s door. I have to wake Kevin up… I looked towards my parents room, making sure not of them will see me enter Kevin’s room.

Slowly, I opened the door, cause it to creak. Creakkk. I winced at the sound and stared back at my parent’s door. Okay. Okay. You didn’t wake them up, I reassured myself, sighing in relief. I poked my head through the white door and stared at the body sleeping soundly on the guest bed. I walked to the sleeping beauty slowly and whispered:

“Pst. Kevin… Kevin!”

He wouldn’t budge, all I had in response was a soft snore and a body shift. I placed my finger tip on his cheek, poking him, hoping maybe he’d wake up.

“Hmm..” He groaned, still exhausted.

“Kevin. It’s me, ____.”

He turned around and stared at me with tired eyes. He got up straight, his blanket exposing his milk white chest. I turned around quickly and looked away.

“Y-Yah!” I growled. “ Put on a shirt!”

“Huh…? Oh.” He replied.

I heard Kevin get up and walked towards the closet, then stopping abruptly. “Oh great.” I heard him mumble.

“What?” I asked, still covering my eyes.

“I don’t have any other clothes.” He retorted.

“Mw-Mwoh?” I turned back to look at him and couldn’t help but stare in awe yet also, in shock.

Kevin was standing tall and lean, his milk white chest exposed. The sun made his skin glow a radiant glow that was as luminous as an angel’s skin. His golden hair shimmers, kissed by the sunrays, seeping through the blinds. Only wearing black shorts, his thin long legs complimented his body proportions. I gulped in response and turned away once again.

“Like what you see?” Kevin chuckled.

“I-I’ll go get you one of my dad’s shirts.” I mumbled, ignoring his question. With that, I left a half- Kevin chuckling to himself in the guest room.

***

"Oh come on. It doesn't look so bad." I stared at Kevin, a large red polo, caressing his small frame. I laughed quietly, earning a worried expression from him. 

 

"I hate this. Why did you wish such a stupid wish?" He mumbled grumpily, shooting a glare at me. He tried sorting the large polo, trying to make it look smaller, but eventually failed. 

I giggled and promised:

"After school, we'll go shopping for your clothes, araso?" 

 

He nodded and kept walking, keeping the same pace as I. "Annyeonghaseyo ______ imnida." Kevin said. 

"Huh?" I replied. 

"Well, you need to learn SOMETHING. I mean, your parents will wonder why you haven't learn anything in korean. " He scoffed, fixing his hair. "Why couldn't I stay home?"

 

"You'll end up running away. " I replied, rolling my eyes. 

 

"Not at this rate. " He pointed at his neck. 

 

I facepalmed, I totally forgotten about that. I sighed heavily and stopped walking. 

 

"Hm?" Kevin looked back. 

 

"How will I explain you to my friends?" I muttered. 

 

"Same thing as your parents." He stared at the ground and gave me an enlightened expression." Hey! I'll apply at your school, maybe I could teach Korean classes. "

I smiled at the idea, and nodded. Giving him thumbs up; I continued walking down the sidewalk, heading for school. I held my breath... I hope everything will go well, I thought to myself. 

 

***

“Okay, uhm.” I stared at the two large doors that led to the cafeteria. I pointed at Kevin and said in a serious tone; “You have to stick with me, araso? Let me do all the talking, short answers are the only things needed. My friends, well… They could be snobs and all uh, fussy.  Except some of them… And—“

“Why do you hang out with them if you don’t even really like them?” Kevin asked, curiously.

“I like them, I do. It’s just… They’ve been there for me. Sometimes, yeah, I get jealous but…” I stopped halfway and just smiled at Kevin. “Don’t worry about it. Haha. Just stick by me, got that? And then we’ll go to the secretary and get an application. Cross your fingers!” I crossed my fingers and opened the large two doors.

I scanned the room and went to usual spot my friends usually hang out at. Two girls. Christine and Tiffany.  And of course, along with them, was their boyfriends. I walked and stopped in front of them.

“Oh! ______!” Tiffany smiled, raising her hand into a wave.

I waved back and sat down, offering Kevin a seat right beside me. He seemed a bit nervous. I looked back at my friends and they were absolutely speechless.

“Are-aren’t you Kevin from UKISS?” Christine gasped, two of her hands on her cheeks.

Kevin nodded slowly, almost shy. A new different personality compared to what he is just being with me. I scoffed in response to his shift of personality.

“Omo. _____, what are you doing with him?” Tiffany asked, her eyes sparkled as she gazed at every feature of Kevin’s beautiful face.

“Uh. He’s applying here to become a teacher to teach Korean lessons. I happened to bump into him on the way to school. Amazing, right?” I lied through my teeth, but managed to pull through with a smile that fooled them.

They nodded and smiled. Although, I wish I could say that for their boyfriends. I stared at Liam and Rai (their boyfriends), looking at eachother, absolutely not amused. One of them smirked and retorted:

“He looks like a girl.” And he laughed, his laugh pierced my ears.

At the corner of my eye, I could have sworn I saw Kevin shoot a quick glare, but I’m rather impressed. He managed to keep his cool. Kevin smiled angelically and said softly:

“I get that a lot, haha. I’m used to it. But I do have my own masculine features and I’m looking for the right girl to see that. But I’m blessed with other many things so I’m thankful for anything I possess.”

I smiled at his wise response, this left Kai annoyed and irritated. I giggled when he crossed his arms in frustration.

“Anyways, I’ll show you where the secretary is.” I told Kevin, gesturing him to follow me. “I’ll see you later, guys.”

“Kevin! Maybe later, we could hang out, huh Hun? “ Christine and Tiffany winked, the kind of wink they always use to flirt with other guys. And I just got flatly ignored by them, but I’m used to it. I sighed and pulled Kevin’s polo sleeve, leading him to the office.

“They’re really pretty.” Kevin commented.

“Yeah. I know. I hear that a lot from many guys.” I replied back coldly.

“Jealous?” He joked, not knowing that it was the truth.

“Honestly, I am.” I said quietly, but I guess he didn’t hear that. “Anyways, just go through here and speak to the secretary, good luck.” I turned back to head to my locker.

“W-Wait. You’re going to leave me here?” Kevin asked urgently.

I nodded; “You’re a big boy, you can do it. Do you want me to hold your hand?” I asked, smiling evily.

“Actually, come here. “

“What?” I asked. Then I noticed, I stared at the watch Ren gave me and it said I had only 2 hours left. I walked to Kevin swiftly and pecked his neck quickly, earning a shocked expression from him. “There-There was only 2 hours left. Just in case, you know?” I explained.

He nodded and rubbed his neck again.

“Anyways, good luck.” I waved and walked down the dark hallway.

***

[ Kevin’s POV ]

Perfect! I stared at the approved application for becoming a temporary Korean teacher. If only _____ didn’t wish such a stupid wish, I wouldn’t have to be here. I just want to go home, but… Ren said I would disappear, if I don’t stay for 2 months and also… I patted my neck where the star tattoo was located. This is just stupid. I hate this.

I kept walking down the hallway. I think ____ would finish school by now, hm. Hey! It’s been 2 days that I’ve been missing in Korea. I should call Eli…

I took my phone out and dialed Eli’s number. I placed the phone close to my ears and waited for Eli’s voice.

“H..Hello?” A low husky voice answered, exhausted.

“Eli! It’s Kevin!”

“Ke-Kevin! WHERE ARE YOU?” Eli yelled so loud, I had to pull the phone away from my ear or else I could have gone deaf. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“Long story, but don’t worry. I just…” I thought of what kind of excuse to say. If I mention about the star, I’ll seem like some crazy man. . “Uhm. I just need some space. So, tell our manager I’ll be back in two months.”

“Kevin… what’s going on?”

“Nothing, Eli. I just need some time away.” With that, we said our goodbyes and Eli wished me luck. I closed my phone, slipping it in my pocket. Sorry for lying. I apologized quietly.

“You know, if something’s wrong. I could help.” I heard a voice say, suddenly I felt my heart race.

I turned around to face the voice that made my heart skip a beat. Who are you?

***

[ Your POV ]

I scanned the hallways quickly. Where’s Kevin? Hm. I kept walking. I hope he got approved, it’ll be so much easier. I even applied for his classes, I’m the first one on his list. I smiled to myself. I carried all my books close to my chest, all the books that Kevin would need, from notebooks to teaching guides.

Then I saw Kevin. I smiled.

“Kevin!” I called out, walking quicker.

Kevin turned, and I halted, dropping my books. I stared at the girl in front of him, fixing Kevin’s polo flirtatiously.

Hyuna, I thought to myself. Out of all times. Out of all people. It’s you again.

Kevin walked quickly towards me, bending down, picking up all the books. He stared back at me and snarled: “You’re so clumsy, sheesh.”

Hyuna walked towards us, her heels clicking. She bent down, helping Kevin pick up my books, such a rare act. But I knew she was just pulling an act.  I stared at her, her skirt so short, showing off her honey thighs. All the rules of the school, she would break. All the boys, she could take. All the girls, she would beat and break their hearts. No one could get in her way. Nothing could slow her down. Once she saw a boy she liked, that’s it. They are caught in her web. Her mind was filled with nothing but false love and lust. She was greedy, but she could charm her way through any guy’s mind. She was beautiful, her hair as long to her waist, her hair a golden brown. Red pouty lips, curvy lines. She always gave this certain alluring gaze at all the boys but this gaze she had was different. She was more than captivated. This girl, she… stole the person I once loved. My first love. I cringed at the memory. She changed. She changed so much. I repeated in my mind. I know her so well, she was always there to crush every girl’s happiness. I became so unlucky to always be at the same school as she. From Kindergarten to High school. And I knew that smile she had now. Her next target. The next boy she was going to go after, nothing would stop her. Her next target.

Kevin.