Dazzling

Dazzling Wish

 

Previously

I heard mumbling coming from my bed and a slow yawn. Oh goodness. It’s awake. It’s going to kill me. I didn’t even find get married yet, nor have kids. This is how I’m going to die, isn’t it? I cried to myself mentally.  I slowly poked my head over the mattress, only to be met by another pair of eyes.

We both just stared and screamed: “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

I covered my face and fell again on my back. “Don’t kill me!” I pleaded.

“K-Kill you? What are you doing in my bedr--- Wait. Where the hell am I?”

I took my two hands off my face and looked up slowly at the person. And this person wasn’t an ordinary person…

It was Kevin. Kevin from U-KISS. My jaw dropped.

What…

What’s going on here? 

 

***

“W-Where am I?” He stuttered, scanning the room attentively. Then he stared at me, who was completely frozen and pulled up the blanket up to his collarbones and checked if he was half . After he realized that he was fully clothed, he exhaled in relief and got off the bed slowly.

“Yo-You’re in … in.” I stuttered, still immobilized due to shock. 

“You… What do you want from me? How did you get me here?” Then his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “ I can’t remember anything, omo. Did you drug me?” With a sudden swift movement, he tried to get to the door but I couldn’t let him. So, I slammed my back against the door, blocking his way. If my mom sees him and finds out that there was a man in my room, I’m done for! She will never trust me again.

“Move out of the way.” He growled. I shook my head and stared at him with pleading eyes. Please don’t! I’m going to get killed by my parents. Omo. My dad is going to kill you if he finds out that I slept with a boy. What am I supposed to say? “Oh DAD, I wished upon a star and POOF! The next morning, he was sleeping beside me.” Sigh, they’ll send me to the psychiatric ward for self-endangerment and for losing my sanity.

“Please. Not so loud.” I whispered, staring at the ground. I couldn’t look at him. “Please let me explain.”

“Explain what? That you drugged me and brought me into your bedroom? I don’t even remember what happened last night so I am assuming you drugged me. Now if you can, please let me go so then I could report you to the police.” He took my arm and tried to push me. Unable to sustain against his strength, I got pushed to the side “Thank you.”

_____. You can’t let him get out of the room! Before laying his hand onto the door knob, he turned to look at my dismayed expression and asked me in curiosity:

“By the way, where am I exactly? I’ll have to call my manager to pick me up so then I could back to the dorm and eventually go to the police.” He smiled, angelically. I let out a small growl at his playfulness. This pabo. For once and for all! I didn’t do anything.

“Toronto.” I replied, giving up to his angelic smile.

“Oh okay, thanks.” He turned then froze into spot, turning back to face me abruptly. He rapidly took my two arms and pushed me against the wall, staring at me with such wide eyes. “Mwoh? TORONTO?” He yelled. I closed my eyes shut, and placed my finger against my lips. “Shhh. Not so loud, please.” I pouted at the angered Kevin who was inches away from my face. “Please. Back away a few steps. I feel  I feel…”  I knew that was a lie. I didn’t want him to let go. But I mean. It did feel uncomfortable expecially with the fact that he thinks I’m some kidnapper or .

“You’re the one who feels uncomfortable? Imagine me. I’ve been drugged!” He yelled, although he lowered his voice a bit more this time. But his words were still harsh in  tone.

“I didn’t drug you! I-I…” Wait. What happened last night exactly? How did he get here? Oh, this must be a dream. I facepalmed and laughed.

“What’s so funny?” He growled.

“This must be a dream. “ I muttered, smiling.

“Dream? This? A DREAM?” Suddenly, I felt a sudden pain on my arm. I looked at his hand who was the culprit. Did he just pinch me? I stared back at him with wide eyes and looked back at the ground.“Now, do you think this is a dream?” He mumbled, angrily as he kicked the ground twice.  “What am I doing in Toronto? I was in Korea yesterday, performing. You’ve got to be kidding me.” He, then, reached for the bed and sat there. “ What do you want? An autograph? I won’t report you to the Police but please let me go, I have many KISSMEs that are probably waiting for me and who are worried.”


"If I said that I have an idea on how you got here but I didn't do it intentionally, would you believe me? I pouted and crossed my arms, frustrated. 

"No. " 

I sighed out loud and ruffled my hair. This is going badly. 

"I'm leaving. " He mumbled. 

"PLEASE DON'T!" I tugged onto his his white shirt and stared at him, hoping my puppy eyes would at least calm him down a bit. "My parents will kill me if you leave my room."  He raised an eyebrow and sat back on the bed. He took my pink pillow and started poking it, staring at me confused. 

"Fine. I give you ten seconds. " He smirked. 

"10 secon---" I pouted, how am I supposed to say all of this in 10 seconds?

"10 , 9 , 8--" He started counting, folding each of his finger by each second passed. 

"OKAY! Uh. Well, last night I wished on a star and well---"

"Done. I'm gone. " He stood up abruptly from the bed. 

I had no choice. I pushed him back on the bed, earning a shocked expression from Kevin. 

"Wait. Did you say a wish upon a star?" He rolled his eyes, not convinced. 

"I know it's hard to believe but but... It's true. “I waved my hands, helpless.  "There is nothing else I could say. I don't know myself. I swear. "

"You're weird. " He shook his head in disapproval. That word. "Weird." I sighed and cringed at the painful memories again. I gave up and sat on the bed beside him. 

" I don't know what to tell you. " I started to swing my legs, distracting myself from looking at Kevin’s face. I’ve always wanted to meet him in a fan meet or something, not this way!

"You can leave. " He answered sourly. “Those are the words I want to be told.”

"Fine. Leave. " I was a bit disappointed. Idon't care anymore. He’s like every other guy. I mean, he’s an idol. Of course, someone like me would seem… weird. I layed down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, sighing to myself. I shouldn’t have wished on that stupid star!

"______. Can I come in?" I heard my mom ask, behind my door. Both of our heads, turned rapidly at my bedroom door. 

"Who's th---" I covered Kevin's mouth and pushed him back on the bed. 

"Uh! ONE SECOND. I'm dressing up. “I yelled, loud enough for my mom to hear. 

I placed a blanket over Kevin's whole body, hoping it'll camouflage him. I stared at the large lump on my bed. It took me a few seconds to realise that it was an awful idea. I tugged his arm and brought him into the closet, filled with all of my messy clothes and stacked KPOP albums. Aish, how embarrassing. He stared at me with angry eyes. I put my two hands together like praying hands and begged:

"Please. Just hide here for now. I promise I'll let you leave when I go to school. "  .... I'll just have to find a way to sneak you out of the house. 

His angry eyes smoothened and sighed in surrender, smiling weakly."Fine. " He whispered, as he hid behind the rack of clothes. When he was well-hidden, I closed the two closet doors and opened the door for my mom. 

"Co-Come in. " I forced a smile. 

"What's wrong with you? You look like you killed someone. “My mother joked as she entered my messy bedroom. You have no idea, I thought to myself. 

"I brought you some fresh clothes, I'll just put it in the closet.” 

"NO!" I yelled, my hands flailing. 

She stared at me as if I lost my sanity and sat on the bed, staring at me suspiciously. "I'll do it!" I smiled as I took the clothes out of her hands rapidly, holding them to my chest. "Hahaha..."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Nono. Of course not!"  My mother stared at me and raised an eyebrow. I knew she knew that something was up, I mean come on. She’s my mom. I’m so screwed, I thought to myself. I rubbed the back of my neck and placed the fresh clothes onto my coffee table carefully.

“Didn’t you say you were getting dressed?” My mother looked at me from head to toe. “Hm?”

“Ye-Yeah. Why?” I asked, my palms started to feel sweaty.

“You’re still in your PJs, sweety.”

My eyes widened at her statement. I looked down to see what I was wearing and I was still wearing my PJs. Oh god. My tank top and my pink short shorts. Omo. This is what Kevin saw me in. My cheeks started to blaze as it reddened furiously. Oh goodness. This day is getting even worst. Its worst than yesterday! WAEYO! I yelled mentally.

“Oh.” That was all I could say. I couldn’t come up with an excuse.

My mother looked at me weirdly and studied my expression for another few minutes. Then suddenly, all you hear was a rack of things falling inside of my closet. Out of all times! NOW? When my mother is growing suspicious? “What was that?” She jolted onto her feet.

“Uh.”

Think quick, _____. Think quick! “It’s probably my KPOP albums. I think I brought too much for my shelves to handle!” I lied and gave out a forced smile, once again. My acting isn’t that great, but I wasn’t that bad this time! Yeah! Go,____. Go! After another awkward silence of 15 minutes, my mother walked out of the room once she heard the tea kettle calling out to her. I leaned against the wall and held onto my chest. Phew. Oh no. I rushed to the closet and opened the door. Suddenly, Kevin falls onto my feet, surrounded by all the albums.

“Oh my. Are you okay!?” I asked, worried. I tried to help him up as I took all of the albums, stacking them on the other side of the room.

“How many albums do you have!?” He growled. “I think 5 of them just dropped onto my head.”

I bowed and apologized so much, I stayed put with my head facing the ground, still holding the bow stance.  Then, I felt a hand on my chin, pulling it up to face him. It felt nice at first until he pinched it.

“Owwie.” I winced at the sudden pain.

“Get me out of here. Now.” He growled.

I nodded obediently. How am I supposed to get him down a flight of stairs and out the door without my mother seeing? Wait! She’s probably making her tea. _____. You got to hurry! Come on! My mother is probably still going to make her tea. Let’s hurry!” I grabbed my coat and put on my uniform. I grabbed all my stuff needed for school and took Kevin by the wrist and walked down the stairs slowly. Trying not to make a single sound.

“Where’s the door?” He asked quietly.

I placed my finger against my lips and pointed towards the right hall. I grabbed onto the sleeve of his shirt and dragged him along, silently.  After many attempts to keep quiet, we made it to the front door.

“Finally!” He smiled.

“______?” I heard my mom call out.

OH GEEZ. As a reflex, I opened the door and pushed Kevin Woo outside the door, causing him to fall onto his knees. I slammed the front door and turned to my mother, who was walking towards me. Gulp.  I placed my back against the window of the front door, making sure my mother wouldn’t see Kevin.

“What was that about? Is someone outside?” She smiled sneakily.

“No. No. Of course not. Why would there be?” I replied quickly, stuttering at every single word.

“Pft.” After a few minutes, she pushed me aside and opened the door to a smiling Kevin.

I’m done for. I’m absolutely done for! I placed my forehead against the wall and pounded it softly. That’s it for me. I will never be allowed to go out again. I’ll be cooped up in my messy room forever! “And who are you?” My mom smiled. “What a good looking boy.”

Kevin smiled sweetly and cleared out his throat. “Hi, my name is Kevin Woo. I’m here to pick up your daughter for school.

What did he just say? My eyes flickered to the tall slim figure that was standing outside on our concrete steps, who was smiling sweetly. I could have sworn… Wasn’t he angry at me earlier?

“No wonder you were in such a hurry!” My mother laughed, as she placed her arm around my shoulders. “I didn’t know you were expecting a boy.” She cleared and corrected herself. “A handsome boy, I mean.”

“Mom!” I groaned in embarrassment

Kevin smiled and laughed awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. He looked at me and stared.

“Anyways. I’ll leave you two love birds alone.” My mother laughed again.

“MOM!” I groaned, this time hitting her arm playfully.

She walked back down to the hallway, laughing and waved at both of us without looking back at us. Once everything was cleared, I closed the glass door behind me and walked towards Kevin. He held out his hand, studying my expression.

“I thought you were angry at me. “ I mumbled.

“I am.” He growled, the smile washed away from his face.

“Oh.” I mouthed. Why did he stay?

I decided to ask him the same question: “Why did you stay?” I looked at him, crossing my arms.

“We have a small problem.” He growled.

Before I could ask him any questions, a dark figure was leaning against the corner of the pillar beside the front door. He was tall, and wore a black coat that dropped down to his ankles. He walked between Kevin and I, and saluted me as he took off his hat. “Why, hello!” The young man smiled.

Don’t tell me. Is this some joke? Some creepy boy? I waved awkwardly and stared at Kevin. I asked him what was going on with my eyes and he shrugged in response.  

“Who are you?” I stared at him, hiding behind Kevin. Honestly, this guy is giving me the creeps.

“My name is Ren .(Yeah, Ren from NU’EST. Sorry, random. Hehe.) He smiled. “I came here to thank you for wishing up me, and to introduce myself, and explain my workings as your shining star!”

I started coughing, I held my chest, trying to calm myself down. “WISHING UPON YOU? SHINING STAR?” I yelled, and then placed my hand onto my mouth. Kevin put his hands on his hips and glared at me, helplessly. “Apparently, I can’t leave.” Kevin mumbled. “I have no choice but to stay.”I looked at him puzzled, didn’t he want to leave? I mean of course he could leave. He could simply call his manager and hop onto the next plane going to Korea.

“What do you mean?”

Without giving me an answer, Kevin pointed at the side of his neck. I closed up on him and stared at where he was pointing. There, on the side of his neck, was a tattoo? I didn’t know Kevin had a tattoo. I’ve been his fan for so long, I never knew. But… it seemed different from the rest. It wasn’t an ordinary tattoo. It was a star shaped and under the small star was a date and specific time. What’s this about?  I studied the date and realized. My jaw just dropped. The date and the time placed on his neck were the same date and time that I have wished upon the star. Or in this case, the same date & time that I’ve wished upon Ren. My eyes flickered to the young boy that was sitting on my front porch. And he smiled radiantly. He glowed, as if he himself was a star.

Omo.  He’s the star. The same bright star that I’ve wished on. No. It can’t be.

“I can tell both of you are confused. Come, come. I shall explain everything.” Ren smiled.