Chapter 6.

The Other Side of My World [Hiatus]
 
Minyee was sitting on her bed after she stopped the connection she had with Minyoung. She closed her eyes and began to go through the thoughts of the people in the palace, trying her best to pick out the voice she heard today. Minyee’s forehead perspired from the amount of energy this was taking her; it was extremely hard to search for a voice other than that of her sisters. The palace was filled with too many talking people even at this hour.
 
 
“Hello?” Luhan was curious as to why the girl from earlier was looking for him.
 
“Hi, this is Minyee and I was wondering if we could talk.” Minyee? Xiumin was right!?
 
“Minyee?!?! You’re alive! Yes, of course! Would you like me to bring you into the palace now? If you come over I’ll go get you right away. There’s so much I want to ask you!” Luhan’s heart was pounding from how happy he was feeling. He was always close with Minyoung and Minyee but something about Minyee made Luhan want to protect her ever since they were children. Minyoung was just like one of the boys whereas Minyee was like a little sister he never had; He saw himself as her older brother.
 
“Um, yeah actually I’d love to talk about this with you guys now.” Minyee was taken aback by his excitement. She has vague memories of the time she spent with the legends but not enough to remember just how close they all were. Minyee grabbed a coat real quick and headed to the palace. She was running towards the gates when she saw the legend waving at her. Minyee waved back lightly and bowed her head only to become enveloped in his arms.
 
“I missed you so much.” Minyee stiffened at the shock at first but calmed down right away. His hug felt so familiar and so comforting. Luhan let go of Minyee before taking her hand.
 
“Let’s go see the others.” Luhan lead Minyee through a wide range of hallways and twisted stair cases before he they were in what looked like a dining room. Afraid that she would embarrass herself in front of give other guys Minyee asked Luhan a question through her mind.
 
“Sorry, but I never got your name.”
 
“Ah, you don’t remember me? I look exactly the same as when I was a child haha. I’m Luhan.”
 
Minyee felt her smile at the sound of his name; he’s the one who use to give her piggy back rides along with another older boy who had chubby cheeks.
 
“Oh, I remember you. You were very caring towards me.” Luhan and Minyee were still talking through their thoughts when Kris cleared his throat, he could tell what they were doing. Lay mentioned that the girl Luhan met was a mind reader.
 
“Care to share what you guys are saying with the rest of us?” Kris is a very friendly guy but he liked to keep his cool when they needed to get things done, like right now.
 
“Oh what? Ah yes! Remember what Xiumin, Lay and I were telling you guys earlier? We were right, she’s Minyee!” The boys all stood up from their seats immediately and hugged the petite girl, they had all missed her.
 
“Minyee! Do you remember me?” Minyee stared at the cute male in front of her, he didn’t look like he was any older than her but she remembers that she was the youngest of the bunch. She scanned his face and noticed how his cheeks haven’t changed.
 
“Xiumin?” Xiumin’s eyes widen and he hugged her again. Xiumin and Luhan are the oldest amongst the legends whereas Minyee is the youngest; they both always had this sense of obligation to keep her safe. They didn’t want to play favourites between Minyoung and Minyee but the younger girl was less independent than her older sister, she evoked a sense of duty to protect her amongst a lot of the boys. Especially Luhan and Xiumin.
 
“What about me?”
 
“No me!”
 
Chen and Tao were pointing at themselves as Lay and Kris stood back, laughing at their friends.
 
“Mmm Tao and Chen!” Minyee began to grow excited as well, she was able to put a name to all the faces in front of her. The blurry images were now crystal clear. Unlike Minyoung, Minyee only had a few friends back at the orphanage so she was ecstatic to have so many people crowd and care for her.
 
“Guys, give the poor girl some space.” Kris pulled Xiumin back from attacking Minyee with another hug.
 
“Minyee, where’s Minyoung?” Lay was really happy to see his friend Minyee as well but he missed Minyoung too. He spent more time training with Minyee when they were kids due to the fact that they both specialized with the bow and arrow but Lay always found himself attached to Minyoung. He was only a child at the time and didn’t know what those feelings were but they never went away. He was the most affected amongst the members when the girls had disappeared. He grew depressed as time went on as well. He missed hearing Minyoung’s laughter and he missed seeing the look on her face when she was training. His heart sunk when he saw Luhan bring Minyee in, even without an introduction he knew which of the two she was. If what Luhan said was true Minyoung is on the other side. He knew it was awful for him to think this way but he couldn’t help himself. He cares about Minyee and he’s happy to know that she’s here safe and sound but he couldn’t bring himself to not feel sad about not seeing Minyoung.
 
“She’s on the other side.” Lay’s head fell as he heard her say that. He’s never going to see Minyoung again. She’s so close yet so far. He felt a small nudge on his side and looked up to see Kris mouthing to him.
 
“Why do you look so gloomy? Minyee’s back!” Lay mouthed back quickly before the other members noticed.
 
“I just miss Minyoung too, that’s all.” 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys are liking the story so far! Minyee and Minyoung's lives are going to progress a little differently since their personalities are different so I hope it's not too confusing! I'm trying my best to blend them together. Oh and I'm sure it's super obvious who the love interest of theirs are by now, I can't wait till I start fleshing out the romantic chapters.. kekeke.  Enjoy!