Confusions and Turning Tables

Torn

The moment I saw that devious smirk of his, everything just came into a blur. And I just can't seem to hold myself any longer. The effect he has on me was just too strong to handle for a coward like me.  And I hate the fact that he doesn't even seem to be bothered by my pain. He might be enjoying it even. But he has every right to make me suffer because I hurt him. And I don't care if he hurts me twice as much as I hurt him or even tenfold, because I deserve it anyway. He was too precious, so innocent to be hurt by a cold-hearted jerk just like that. And it's a miracle for me to be given a chance  to have a glance at this beautiful human being standing in front  of me. The next thing I knew, his hand was reaching out for mine.

"Nice to meet you, Choi Minho." He said, smiling as I stared at his fragile pianist's hand reaching out in front of me. I stared into his eyes. His eyes that said "Let's just pretend that we didn't know each other for everyone's good." And it pains me. But I had to accept the fact that he still hasn't forgotten about that day and he stll hates me for that, but the least he could do was just pretend and try not to murder me in front of Onew hyung.  I smiled back at him and hesitanly reached out my hand to shake his.  

And just the slightest touch of his hand maThe kes it really hard for me to try not to go crazy. I had to fight the strong urge to just pull him close to me and feel his  heart beating next to mine. But I can't do that in front of Onew hyung. I can't even do that if we're the only ones here. But I wish we were. So I can tell him how much of a jerk was and how much I regret everything I did and I miss him so damn much. If only I could crush him into me. But I was so scared to touch him as he was scared of my whole being. It felt like just one touch from me, and he'll be shattered into pieces. And I can't afford to hurt him one more time.  It took so long for me to finally mutter some few words to reply to him.

"My pleasure. I have finally met the one that caught Onew hyung's heart. And to my surprise, it's a he."

I leaned in closer to him, and whispered,

"And what's even more surprising, is that it's you."

Then a teardrop suddenly fell and stained the pavement.

 

~

 

The feeling of his hand touching mine shot a shiver down my spine. I don't know if I was scared, nervous, or just plain cold. But the warmth of his hand made me feel something else. And I'm too scared to find out what it is. I already swore that I'm not going to fall for those tricks ever again. I know he's just pretending to be nice because Onew hyung is here. I know he's fighting the urge to hit me because Onew hyung is here. But if we're all alone, I know he won't  hesitate to do it. I just know it.  

"My pleasure. I have finally met the one that caught Onew hyung's heart. And to my surprise, it's a he." He said, smiling. And he seemed so amused. I hate that face of his. He probably thinks I'm a . I hate him. If only he knew how much I'm suffering right now. All he is and forever will be is an insensitive jerk. 

Then he leaned closer to me. I feel myself tense up at the feeling of his breath grazing my face. All I could do was keep my head down and stae at the ground.

"And what's even more surprising, is that it's you." Onew probably didn't hear what he had just said. But I did. I heard it very clearly. And a pang has seemed to find its way to my heart. I do not know if he's still smiling, but those words...that tone...why do I suddenly feel guilty? Was it because of the vulnerability clearly evident in his voice? Was it because I obviously replaced him? But did I really? Have I finally really moved on? Was it because of that? That I've found someone else? But why do I care? He was the one who left me. Not the other way around. Besides. He has that Yuri girl now. I know she makes him happy. She's the reason why he left me, is she not?

Then something stained the pavement I was so busy looking at trying to avoid his gaze. Rain? I think not. Spring has just come. It's very unlikely for rain to suddenly come out of nowhere. That woulde be kind of weird. Then came another. Finally, I decided to look up, and immediately regretting it. His eyes met mine.  His eyes, getting wetter and wetter every second. He seemed so vulnerable that I can't take it anymore. I hastily pulled my hands away from his and then turned to Onew hyung. 

"Hyung, can we go home? I'm feeling a little sick all of a sudden. I'm sorry." I wasn't lying. I really am sick. Sick of all this stupid farce. I know he's just acting so he could hurt me again for his own amusement. Because that's what jerks do. Run around with their foolish compliments and lies, making people fall for them, and then break their fragile hearts in the end for their own amusement. If only they knew how big of a scar the people they fool have to live with after they left them. I just don't want to experience that again. That kind of pain was too much to bear. Being nothing but an option.

Onew looked at me with sudden worry in his eyes. He grabbed my hand tightly and frowned. His touch felt warmer that Minho's.

"Oh my gosh, Taemin, do you want to go to the hospital?" Onew said, pulling me close and examining my face. I gave out a little chuckle. 

"N-no need, hyung. I just need a little rest, is all." I said and gave him a smile. I turned to Minho, who seemed to be a little uncomfortable, and smiled at him. I gently pulled away from Onew and gave Minho a slight bow. 

"Mianhe, but I'm really feeling unwell. Onew hyung and I will be off now. It was...nice meeting you, Minho...hyung"

I stepped closer to him and...

 

~

 

He hugged me. Well,it waven't s more like a "Hey, it was nice meeting you, but I gotta run" hug, but it still counts. It's enough for me to feel his arms round wrap around me once again even just  for a second or two. Now, I don't expect him to give me anther chance fr me to love him, but it is a progress on him finally forgiving me, right? I just hope so. The moment I saw him, I was actually expecting a punch in the face or a kick in the crotch, but instead, I got a hug. And he called me hyung...

And there I was, still smiling like an idiot, even though I'm seeing him walking away with Onew, arm wrapped around Taemin's shoulder. It would have hurt  me then, but I'm still happy. It seems like the hurtful meeting in th end wasn't so hurtful at all. And I know that somehow, someday, I can finally gain Lee Taemin's trust once again.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rushed chapter is rushed .____. I'm sorry for the slow pace of the story and the short chapterI (It's like the part 2 of chapter 1 that's why it's short. :D). But I promise it will get better ;)) I'll edit this one tomorrow. :))) 

Sorry if I haven't updated for so long....BLAME MY TEACHERS :)))) Hahahahaha. Anyways, I hope you guys likeyyyyy :D Comments are much appreciated