Friend

The Misconception
:::::::::

Mi Young gasped as well as the rest of the girls who surrounded her.

“O-oppa? What did you say?” She said in an “innocent” tone. I saw him roll his eyes.

“You ing heard me, .” He growled and started towards her.

Immediately, she backed away but he just shoved her away and went up to the school.

Following his lead, Kikwang grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him, up to the school.

Kikwang didn't stop pulling me along with him until we were safe inside.

“Where's your locker? I'll you so that these girls don't get in your way.” Junhyung said lazily, leaning against the wall, his question directed towards me but Kikwang stepped in front of me, holding a hand out.

“I'll take her to her locker. Just go to Math class.” He said firmly which made Junhyung raise an eyebrow but shrugged and left to Math.

Kikwang let out a breath of relief before turning to me.

“You didn't take all your books home, right?” He asked and I nodded.

“Alright, then let's go to your locker to get the rest of your books. You can share with me, not Taemin.” He said rather protectively. I chuckled and shook my head.

“It's alright. You can go to your locker. I don't need you to me.” I told him firmly and this time, it was his turn to chuckle and shake his head.

“Yah, you don't get it, do you? Pabo. I'm going to protect you from now on from those nasty girls.” He said, ruffling my hair and laughed when I squeaked and brushed his hand away so that I could fix my hair again.

“Come on, let's go to your locker.” He said, pulling me along with him in the hallways until we reached my locker.

After we picked up the books I had in my locker, we headed to Math where the rest of BEAST and SHINee were.

Throughout Math, for the first time in years, I chatted happily with my newly found friends.

Okay, so maybe it was just Kikwang, Taemin, Yoseob, Onew, Jonghyun, and Doojoon talking but I sat there happily, listening to their conversation as time passed.

When the bell rang to signal the end of Math, Key and Minho jumped out of their chairs before anyone else did and grabbed my arm. They dragged me away from the rest of SHINee and BEAST, ignoring their protests.

I looked at the two of them, confused at their actions. Key noticed and chuckled.

“We're kidnapping you away from them. You're ours for the next period. You spend too much time with the others and too little with us.” He told me and I chuckled at his reason.

After we had gotten a safe distance from the others, Key and Minho let go of my arms and walked with me to my locker at a leisure pace.

We talked a lot, especially Minho which rather surprised me since he always struck me as a quiet person but in reality, he was a fun-loving person who just doesn't get heard a lot.

When we got to English, Key and Minho immediately flanked around me, guarding me from Mi Young who was also in the room as well as SHINee and BEAST who were waiting for the three of us.

The moment Kikwang and Taemin leaped to steal me away from Key and Minho, Key grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the class, away from BEAST, SHINee, and Mi Young.

I chuckled at Kikwang's and Taemin's failed attempt to steal me and had fun talking with Key and Minho throughout English class. The three of us successfully ignored the rest of SHINee and BEAST who all glared daggers into our backs for ignoring us.

Surprisingly, Mr. Lee didn't object to the new seat change since we weren't exactly studying Romeo and Juliet today. He smiled at me throughout the whole class, happy that I had made friends.

Key and I had lots of fun teasing Minho in English who was frustrated due to the fact that he didn't know as much English as we did.

Sadly, once English ended, I was stolen away from Minho and Key and now in the arms of Doojoon and Dongwoon who dragged me away from the rest of the group.

Throughout the whole day, the routine repeated with every period and we all certainly grew closer to each other.

Today, I would say, was the happiest day of my life.

::::::::

I smiled absentmindedly as I waited outside of the gate of the school for Dae Hyun to pick me up since SHINee and BEAST had left to attend to their schedules. BEAST and SHINee had dragged me to the dance rooms at the deserted music building to dance with them.

It was rather fun, watching every one of us battle against each other. Of course, I was defeated every time since these were idols that have trained a lot in dancing. But it was still tons of fun.

Today was fun.

Today was fun.

I've never had this much fun in my life.

I've never had these many friends in my life.

I've never been this happy in my life.

I smiled once again, not noticing a dark shadow that lurked behind me.

I did not notice the hand reaching out and grabbing me, muffling my scream with the other hand and dragging me away from the school.

The last image I saw was my father in front of me, smirking before I was hit in the head and passed out.

::::::::::