My Own Little World

The Misconception
:::::::::::

I hurried to my first class which was Math and cursed silently when I realized that BEAST and SHINee have the same Math class as I do.

I plugged my headphones into my iTouch and put on What Can I Do by Seungri.

I focused on the song and ignored my classmates as I walked into my Math class and sat in my seat.

I pulled out one of my favorite books: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I wanted to increase my knowledge of the English language so I read mostly English books, in hope that I would go to the States one day.

I told Dae Hyun of my plan and he agreed to it. He told me that he would help me and support me while I was in the U.S. and even said that he might move with me.

The corners of my lips twitched up into a smile when I thought of Dae Hyun and I in the United States.

Away from Mi Young.

Away from my father.

Away from all this pain and misery.

:::::::::

I flat out ignored Kikwang, despite his attempts to get my attention while BEAST and SHINee looked at the two of us weirdly.

It seems that SHINee has decided to join BEAST and I in my little corner, away from the rest of the class.

Today is a work day so the teacher gave us study guides and worksheets since a big test was coming up.

I breezed through the worksheets and study guides so the teacher had granted me permission to listen to my iTouch.

I put on some classical music and started to read, zoning out of my Math class and into my own world.

The beautiful sound of the violin.

The fragrance of radiant flowers in the field.

The delicious taste of happiness.

The soothing touch of the wind as it wrapped its arms around me.

The sight of me, myself, and I in a field of flowers, making beautiful music to my ears.

::::::::

Abruptly, I was yanked out of that peaceful world when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I pulled out one of my headphones and looked behind me to see Taemin.

“Can you help me with a question?” He asked timidly. I nodded slightly and he breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled at me.

I turned so that my whole body was facing towards him and I was hovering before his desk.

He pointed to a problem on the worksheet with his pencil.

“I can't seem to figure out this question.” He told me and I nodded. I quickly scanned the question and looked at him.

“Can I borrow your pencil?” I asked him and he promptly gave me his pencil. I scribbled down the work for the problem and pushed the paper towards him.

“Do you need me to explain it to you?” I asked him and he nodded shyly. I sighed and scooted closer so that I could quietly explain it to him.

While I was explaining the problem to Taemin, I felt SHINee's and BEAST's eyes on us but ignored them.

Once I had finished explaining it to him, he smiled and thanked me. I nodded at his thank you and turned away to begin reading my book again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mi Young glaring at me.

I gulped and returned to my book.

I was in trouble.

I spoke to a kingka.

:::::::::