Can't lose him again..

Come Back To Me

Donghae stared at those pills in his hands. It has been 4 hours since he took the last one. He shouldn't take these for at least another 6 hours, but the pain on his legs were unbearable. So he took them in one go, crushed the pills inside and swallowed. He closed his eyes and leaned backward on the chair. Sweat just falling like rain on his face.

"Hae, you ok?" Sungmin asked. His hand instantly touched donghae's forehead. "Are you ill? You're sweating. I saw you taking medicine just before we left this morning and I just saw you took another one. Are you ok?"

Donghae opened his eyes and forced himself to stand up, pushing away sungmin's hand gently, enduring the dizziness that suddenly struck him. His vision blurred out for a moment, but he manage to control it.

"Eoh.. I'm ok, Hyung. Don't worry. Just a headache." He said, grabbing a towel and wiped himself with it "You finish hyung? I'll take shower and then we go grab some lunch."

"Yeah sure." Sungmin nodded as Donghae slipped to the bathroom.

Sungmin remembered that he needed to check on something. Hyukjae told him about those medicine Donghae was taking few days ago. He still remember how worried hyukjae was, saying that Donghae all tensed up and started to take pain killers. Donghae said it was prescribe but hyukjae still worried, knowing how careless donghae was. Hyukjae also said that Donghae was always restless and his mood swing was totally uncontrolled. He was not the donghae that he knew.

He saw the bottle that Hyukjae told him, picking up from his backpack. He took it and observed it carefully. Then he took out his mobile phone and start calling. He look so serious while talking, walking back and fort, nodding and look surprised. He took a moment to observed the bottle again after finished talking on the phone. Then he started dialing again as he put back the bottle inside donghae's backpack.

"Hyuk, can we talk? You were right about Donghae. Now I'm worry." Sungmin gazed at the bathroom door.worried that donghae would popped out anytime. "I call my friend who is a doctor and ask about this. Something is off. But we can't talk here. I'm still here at the center. He just finish with his therapy. We're gonna go grab some lunch now. So can I see you tonight? Ok great. See you!"

Sungmin stared at his mobile phone. Clutching it. He looked lost. 

"Did you call anyone just now, hyung? I thought I hear you talking.." Donghae came out from the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel.

"Yeah, just an old friend." Sungmin answered and looked away, not wanting to look guilty for lying. "Where do you want to go for lunch?"

"I'll have what you'll have Hyung." Donghae said. "Since you're buying."

"Me? aish jinja!" Sungmin chuckled. "I pick you up, I keep you company, and now I'm buying you lunch? Don't you think it should be the other way around?"

Donghae made funny and cute faces. Works everytime. His hyung would always granted what he wants. Sungmin included. So they went to had lunch near the hospital. 

"You're not eating?" Sungmin asked as he saw donghae hadn't touch his food. He just stared at it since the waiter put it there. "What is wrong? you are really sick, aren't you?"

"No, I don't know I felt like throwing up." Donghae said. "But.. it's ok now. Let's have this and then go to the studio."

Sungmin nodded. He observed Donghae closely. He looked all pale and restless. Suddenly he felt so scared after remembering what his friend told him. All the symptoms were there, he could see them with bare eyes. Sungmin put his spoon down. He had no appetite all of sudden.

 

---------

 

"He's not taking it right." Sungmin said. Hyukjae looked into sungmin's eyes. Confused. Speechless. "How long has he been taking it?"

Hyukjae shook his head. "I don't know. I just saw it that day.. The day I called you. But it was prescribed, I call his doctor. I talk to a nurse there. Donghae asked for it, he said the pain has become unbearable."

"But like I said, he's not taking it right." Sungmin repeated himself. "He kept taking it, like having candy. It's dangerous, hyuk.  taking it in a long term and high dosage may cause severe side effect. He will become addicted."

Hyukjae sank his face into his hands. He felt like crying.

"That's great! This is my fault. I asked him, I pushed him to work hard, I made him go to his session even though he said he didn't want too, even when he said it was too painful. And now the opening concert coming up, so..."

"He pushed himself to the limit." Sungmin continuing hyukjae's sentence. "I can see that. But you know Hyukjae, you need to stop feeling guilty and responsible for everything. I know among us you care the most about donghae. But this is too much, don't you think?"

"Ah hyung, jebal. "Hyukjae pleaded. "You can scold me later but please we have to help donghae now."

"Talk to him. It's the only way."

Hyukjae inhaled deeply and let it go slowly. He wished that it would relieved some of the heavy burden inside. But nothing happened. It was still there, getting heavier.

"How am I going to talk to him? He's distancing himself from me." Hyukjae said as he trew himself backward, clutching at his head with both hands. "He's... not talking to me. He was angry because I didn't tell him about that company issue on him."

"Still the same old childish Hae." Sungmin chuckled cynically. "How can he be angry over that?"

"What should I do?" Hyukjae looked so lost.

"I told you. Talk to him. It's the only way." Sungmin said. "Don't waste time. Don't lose him again."

Talking to Hae was never been a problem before. They could talk about many things, freely, no limit no boundary. But lately Hae was keeping his distance. But what choice did hyukjae has? He needed to talk to him before everything was too late. Sungmin was telling him about this kind of medicine. How dangerous this drug was if taking it wrongly and Hyukjae would be lying if he said he didn't notice the sudden change within him. So Hyukjae determined to stop this. He didn't want to lose him again.