Another Turn..

Come Back To Me

Leeteuk crossed his hands infront of his chest as he listened to the doctor carefully. His face looked concern and worry. There were also their managers and other members in that room. All sharing the same look as him.

Hyukjae stared blankly at the floor. He rubbed his temple every now and then. Donghae was awake. He saw it. His eyes blinked, observing the room, even stared at him. But he was not responding when hyukjae called his name. He just stared at him blanky. Then closed his eyes.

"It is very common case." The doctor explained. "Although a coma patient may appear to be awake, they are unable to consciously feel, speak, hear, or move."

"So it means Donghae hasn't awake yet?" Hyukjae asked, worried.

"I believe he already came out from his coma, but right now entering what we call vegetative state." The doctor explained.

Everyone just exchanging look. "What?"

"A coma is a state that lacks both awareness and wakefulness. Patients in a vegetative state may have awoken from a coma, but still haven't regained awareness. In the vegetative state patients can open their eyelids occasionally just like donghae-ssi  did, and demonstrate sleep-wake cycles, but completely lack cognitive function. He won't responding to his surrounding."

Hyukjae covered his face with his hands. He could feel his body shaking now that he knew this.

"Will he ever fully awake, Doctor?" Leeteuk asked. "How long he could be in that state?"

"We are hoping for the best, Leeteuk-ssi. Donghae-ssi was in a deep coma for almost 4 weeks. We need to studied him more to know how severe the brain damage he has."

"You are not answering Leetuk hyung's question..." Hyukjae voice risen. Siwon and Yesung  had to tap his shoulder to calm him down.

"I believe Donghae-ssi is in what we call persistant vegetative state. There's a chance for him to regain awareness. But however, if Donghae-ssi still hasn't respond to any stimuly that shows us he already regain his awarenes within the first 4 weeks, regretfully it will become permanent."

Everyone in that room just shocked. Leeteuk tried so hard to hold back his tears. Ryeowook already crying silently. Hyukjae stared at the ceiling, holding his head that suddenly felt so heavy. The rest just stayed silent and didn't know what to do or what to say.

"We are doing our best for Donghae-ssi. I already have any life-sustaining equipment removed as he already can breath all by himself. That is a good sign. What we need right now is to wait and observe. and of course to pray. Now please excuse me, We need to take Donghae-ssi for MRI."

The doctor bowed at them and walked out as they bowed back at him.

"This is not right." Hyukjae muttered once their managers also leaving the room. He kept rubbing his temple. "Oh.. Donghae-ah.. mianhae.."

Yesung put his arm around him. "Come now, you heard the doctor, it's too early to tell that it will going to be permanent. Don't loose hope."

"I know, but hyung, have you seen him? I don't think I can see those eyes again, it's too heartbreaking.." Hyukjae was about to cry. But he managed to hold it back.

"Let's just pray that this is just a state that he has to go through. He will be ok. We have to stay positive." Leeteuk said. "And you, don't you dare to do anything stupid."

"Hyung, jinja, you can scold me some other time. But please not today, Jebal." Hyukjae pleaded. " I Just found out my best friend in a state that is worse than death. So please, just... don't.."

Leeteuk tapped hyukjae's shoulder. "Mianhae, hyung still freaked out with what you did last time. Mianhae.."

"What should we do now?" Ryeowook asked. He looked so lost. Everybody did.

"I've been in coma before. I survived. "Said Kyuhyun refering to the accident that he had back on 2007. "I'm sure Donghae hyung will survive this too."

"I'm gonna go to see donghae." Hyukjae got up.

"Hyukjae, we have schedule..."

"Screw the schedule, hyung! What's the matter with you? You just don't care!" Hyukjae shouted. He was so angry right now that everything seemed wrong and depressing. Leeteuk just stared at him but didn't reply back. He knew Hyukjae would say something like that. Silently Siwon put his arm around Hyukjae's shoulder and asked him to go outside with him.

"You ok?" Siwon asked as they walk around the corridor. He kept his arm around hkyukjae.

"I understand how you feel, but please don't talk like that to Leeteuk hyung. Leeteuk hyung had suffered enough. As a leader he has resposnibility  toward the members and to our company." Siwon started.

"Do you think Leeteuk hyung like this? If he was asked to choose between full fill all the schedule or stay beside donghae's, he will choose to stay with him. But he can't. You know how Leeteuk hyung love donghae. He always keep his eyes more for Donghae, right? You know better. Even donghae's father asked him to take care of Donghae. So please don't think that Leeteuk hyung didn't care. It has been hard for him too, as well as for the rest of us."

Siwon's words cut right into his heart. All of sudden he felt bad. He stopped walking and just leaned against the wall. Banged his back head against it and covered his face with his hand.

"Come on Hyuk, don't hurt the wall with your head, it didn't do you any wrong." Siwon chuckled and he could hear hyukjae chuckled too behind his hands. Slowly hyukjae uncovered his face and Siwon could see his smile. The gummy smile that hard to see recently.

"Let's go now. I promise I'll be here with you after finished all the schedule."

Hyukjae did nothing but complied. He was about to follow Siwon when he saw some nurses took Donghae out from his ward. His heart aching again. He approached them and said that he will accompany Donghae to the MRI facility. The nurse let him. So he walked with him all the way. Siwon came along too.

Donghae opened his eyes slighlty. Those brown eyes found hyukjae and siwon. But they were too busy looking ahead. He wanted to say something, but he just couldn't. Everything was just too heavy. Too heavy...