For The Pain To Go

I love You too .

 

Seventeen years old Jaejoong was walking home with his childhood friend of ten years when it all happened. When the rain decided to grace them with it’s presences. Shocked , his steps faltered , caught in the downpour . He was musing on the way the raindrops seemed to reflect rainbows when suddenly it stopped hitting him . No the rain is still visibly blessing the earth but none is wetting him and his uniform anymore  . Intrigued he looked towards the sky making sure that there’s no goku on flying clouds that was shielding him .’ and yup even at 17 he still finds dragonball interesting and fairytales worth repeating on weekends when there is no noona’s to taunt him on his not so grown up acts.’

 

A spread of navy blue covered his vision of the darkened sky . He moved his gaze to follow the tanned limbs attached to the clothes only to be greeted with caramel twin orbs shining with concern and soaked limbs clad in only his school shirt .

Meet shim changmin , age fifteen , childhood friend of jaejoong and also his mature ddongsaeng , whose mind is so brilliant that he is now in the same grade as jaejoong , putting shame on albert edison! Or is it albert zuckenberg?einstein?bros? Oh well the old white man with a white face and more whitish curls with a fashion sense that puts tears in his eyes.

‘huhu...i feel stupid i mean how can someone younger find logs and newton’s law fun?’ troubled by how changmin defines math and physics as fun jaejoong didn’t notice the sudden warmth that encircled him .

“hyung-ah”

His thoughts were cut short when he felt cold hands sweeping carefully his bangs that had been obsecuring his vision ‘ all thanks to his noona’s that finds styling his locks into braids and curls , a past time. Well more like nightmares with all those clips , sprays , shiny metal curlers and lots and lots of mirrors ....err....shudders’

Sensing changmin’s distressed by his silence jaejoong quickly threw his a heart stopping smile , melting more than a few passerbys’ who happened to peeked at the same time he did it .

Seeing the smile changmin’s furrowed brows and thin straight lips were quickly replaced with a good natured smile and softened gaze . A gaze that he reserved solely for two purposes in his life , whether it’s for his beloved hyung to show how much he loves him or to everyone else to show how much he loves food .

‘yeah to shim changmin it’s still as hard as ever for him to choose between jaejoong and his food , where often times changmin can be found apologizing to his unattended food while his out with jaejoong . Cause then it’ll take approximately 8 minutes for him to devour a whole pizza , when if he is alone it can be done in a mere 3 minutes and 10 seconds ‘ . shaking his head a little changmin quietly sent an apology for his ice cream that’s waiting for him at home for putting it second in his mission in life . ‘

“changmin-ah ...aish what are you doing? You’re soaked to the bone ! quick cover your head and wear your blazer back before you catch a cold “ suddenly aware of changmin’s state of undress and the blueness that’s slowly invading his chapped lips and high rised cheekbones , jaejoong quickly grab the navy coloured blazer ‘currently his makeshift umbrella’  and wrapped it around changmin’s now shivering torso .

Jaejoong’s gaze stopped at changmin’s lips and he find himself reminiscing on their first lip locked and  how he was once kissed out of his pain by changmin...

Flashback....

Jaejoong was sitting all teary eyed gripping his bleeding knees, with his  equally bleeding palms. His school bag’s upturned , with all the contents scattered around him. Seconds of quivering lips and messed up limbs, pitiful sobs escaped his ruby lips. 10 years old jaejoong though was now an elementary student was still every bit the crybaby he was when he was 5.

Not minutes later found another boy with brown orbs flecked with concern making his way towards the sobbing mess. Changmin 8 years old was just rounding the corner to the place, where they usually meet before making their way to school together , when familiar sobs pierced through his daily morning food muse.

Nearby a Siberian husky was seen sniffing through Jaejoong’s upturned lunch box , all prior chase for a certain pale boy who smelled like cooked meat forgotten. Happily the remains of jaejoong’s lunch the dog paid no heed to the approaching boy .

“J...’pants’..jaejoong ‘pant’...hyung! are you alright?” trying to catch his breath after running to his hyung , changmin bend his body forward gripping tight his wobbly knees trying to regulate his breath to normal intervals.

“...’wahhhh...’changmin-ah.....it hurts....”jaejoong was then in his full blown sobs and sniffles , shaking hard his thin shoulders .

Jaejoong’s words pained changmin’s heart .  Without as much as blinking , the world found changmin hugging his hyung . Acting every bit as the protector he is to the much older boy .Willing away the sadness  while trying his hardest to tone down the sobs...

Moments later jaejoong having cried ‘or rather wailed’ enough ,quiet down leaving only occasional hiccups and soft sniffles . Noticing his hyung was slowly stopping changmin distanced their bodies while still holding his hyung’s shoulders.

Changmin’s vision was greeted with a pair of red eyes .Equally red pouting lips and dried tear tracts staining rounded cheeks .

“hyung are you okay now? Where does it hurt?”

Holding both his palms out jaejoong pouted his lips more , trying to garner more attention and sympathy from a certain ddongsaeng .

Shocked but not detered by the action , seconds later finds changmin leaning in and putting soft kisses on both the palms on top of each wounds.

“jjah. Now it won’t hurt anymore neh!” smiled changmin brightly, trying to slow his messed up heart that seemed to be hammering it’s way out of his chest. The thought of kissing his hyung though had been a regular thing ever since the night he decided to confess , still elevates the beats from mere thumps to pounds that shocked his sternum.

Red coloured jaejoong’s rounded cheeks unnaturally like a field of dried up rose . The simple act seemed to do more than just heal the wound mentally to jaejoong, as he finds himself craving for more.

Suddenly overwhelmed by uncurbed greed to be kissed again by changmin , he quickly pointed to his scrapped knees conveying there’s more than those abrasions on his palms .

Getting the notion as it is , changmin quickly placed a well aimed peck on the area .Remembering what his mother used to do when he fell of his bicycle, he dug his pocket for his neatly folded kerchief , all wrinkle free and clean . He quickly wrapped it around jaejoong’s knee and looped it into a knot of rabbit ears , the knot being taught by his chunnie hyung when he was trying to run with loosened shoelaces.

In the far distance, the school bell rang with diminished shrills signaling the start of the school sessions. Knocked out of their stupor both quickly scrambled to gather jaejoong’s fallen bag , stationery , and scattered homeworks ‘that miraculously escaped the whole ordeal with just a few folded corners and dusted surfaces .

“awww...hissss...”, the abrupt move by jaejoong limbs reminded him of his injured body parts , making him hiss and winched out loud that it caught the attention of changmin who was by now busy stuffing everything into jaejoong’s opened bag and quickly buckling it.

“hyung... are you okay?can you walk?” , scrunching his brows in concern changmin couldn’t stop himself from sending a death glare to the busy Siberian while trying to curse names to it. Unsuccessfully overriding his mom’s talk on never to curse on other’s cause it’s not nice and that it might make him grew up to be conceited like his uncle heechul .Involuntary shudder ripped his body thinking of the mirror that heechul samcheon never seem to not be with.

Pitiful downcast gaze send changmin in another turmoil but this time he had to just act fast with no time to spare as he might just submit to the temptation to curse the dog...’and be turned into heechul samcheon??!! Noooo!!!’

“then i’ll piggyback you hyung okay?”

As soon as he spoke he manouvered himself infront of jaejoong with his back facing the silent boy. Tentative little arms encircled changmin’s neck . Jaejoong’s arm intinctively tightened when changmin slowly rose to his feet and hiked his hyung up unconciously. He quickly gathered both their stuff and took steady steps towards their school.

Both with matching smiles as they made their way to the school’s nursery .

Later that day, finds changmin sharing his precious lunch box with his equally precious hyung .

Surprised by the generosity jaejoong asked for the reason why changmin would gladly share his lunch with him , when not long ago an act of just eyeing it might result in a stinging after being pushed away by changmin.

Blushing slightly changmin answered simple ,” because i love you hyung , maybe not more than food but at par with it”

“...” the answer left jaejoong speechless trying in vain to find words to reply when actually all he needed to say is i love you back.

Smiling brightly he just , took a wrapped rice and stuffed it into changmin’s mouth. Carding slowly his ddongsaeng’s soft locks he answered “i love you too” mentally, thinking deeply the meaning of the words.

End of flashback...