Chapter 7

The Sparkles Of Dream

 

Minhyuk and Jessica walked down the hill together since they happened to live in the same building. The morning breeze of the autumn season felt fresh when it caressed their face lightly. There are many workers got ready to open their shop soon for the day and the same goes to Jessica while Minhyuk had to start his day with a morning shift.

“Was that your friend yesterday? The one with reddish-brown hair.” Minhyuk stated his curiousity to Jessica when he noticed her gazing at the sky.

“Huh? Oh, yes. She’s Tiffany...Hwang. Tiffany Hwang. She just got here like a week from America.”

“Hwang? Is she the daughter of The Hwang Group?” Minhyuk stopped his steps.

“You know Hwang Group? I think so. She never mentioned it much.” Jessica also turned to face him and shrugged her shoulder.

“Wow. How lucky are you to be friend with her. I hope she’ll be nice to you.” He said while making faces.

Jessica stared at him curiously. Honestly, she didn’t know what his words supposed to mean. She looked around and noticed that they were already in front of Minhyuk’s work place.

“Minhyuk, we’re here. You better get in before your manager drags you in.” Jessica tilted her chin towards the cafe behind him.

“Okay but wait here for a minute. I’ll be back.” And by that he was gone into his cafe.

Jessica waited patiently outside the cafe with her palms on her cheeks. She puffed out some air and fog flew out . She had her back facing the shop while her eyes wandered wildly at the not-so-busy road. The buildings were standing steadily in front of her.

Suddenly, a hot cup touched her right cheek. Its warmness comforts her since she was a bit cold. She turned her face and she was greeted by Minhyuk's smiling face. She turned herself completely to face him.

“Here, a cup of latte for you.” He handed her the cup that he used to warm her cheek.

“Aww...thank you Minhyuk ah. It’s so nice of you. I'll go first okay? See you at lunch.” She waved her free hand at him and made her way to her shop immediately as the clock will soon turn to 10.

*****

“Okay then. See you at lunch.” Sunny said through her iPhone 5 with the person at the other end. She hung up after the agreement was made.

“Who’s that?” A voice asked her as soon as he stepped in her office.

“Oppa! You should knock first! How many times should I tell you?” Sunny burst out. It’s not that she has anything to hide, it’s just her needs for privacy but that man is just too carried away to listen every time she said.

“Sorry there Miss Grumpy. I just forgot that so-called rule number...whatever. Anyway, who were you talking to just now? Were you planning on something that did not include me on the plan?

“It was Taeyeon ssi, oppa. And yes, I’ll have lunch with her today. I just want to sort things out between us. Isn’t it great, oppa?” Sunny laughed a bit before focusing back at the file in front of her.

“If that was the case, I guess I’ll be eating with the other staffs then.” He said casually and he was about to turn before remembering something. “Oh, Sunny ah, about our wedding, I think we’re going to have it on a cruise!” he continued with joy all over his face.

“It sounds good. So, I guess I’m going to fetch my wedding dress as well today. Yours too, I know.” Sunny took note into her iPhone so that she won’t forget about it.

Junsu smiled at her action. He adored her too much until her little action made him felt bliss. He walked out of the room with smile on his face that looked like not going to fade anytime soon.

Sunny watched him walked out until the door closed behind him with weird look. She just couldn’t understand him well even they had already being together for 3 years now. They met when Sunny was a junior at some local university. With Taeyeon that always by her side, she has become a quiet girl as all the talking was done by Taeyeon voluntarily. But what she didn’t expect was that her quietness has caught certain guy’s attention. He said that she looks cute with her quiet and sweet personality. They got to know each other after they became an officially couple a month later. Although, he learned that Sunny was actually full of sarcasm and anything but sweet, he still chose to be with her.

Sunny glanced at her watch after a long time stucked in her own thought, she decided to meet Taeyeon. Rearranging back all the files and stationery on her desk, she wore her coat and grab her bag.

*****

“What do you want to eat Taeyeon ssi?” Sunny asked Taeyeon after settled down in her seat at some cafe around the town.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me you know? I may be working in a corporate world but I don’t prefer formalities with friends.” Taeyeon stated her words without even looking at Sunny.

“You seemed so bubbly and loud yesterday. What happen with today?”

“Waiter!” Taeyeon shout for a waiter before looking straight at Sunny. “Nothing. I just want to be a little bit mature for your liking.”

“May I have your order, please.” A waitress in white shirt with black short skirt that covered with dark brown apron butted in their conversation.

“Hmm..carbonara with extra cheese please, and fresh orange. What about you Sunny?” Taeyeon asked with a smile.

“Just a cup of white coffee.” Sunny said to the waitress.

With a bow, she walked away. They also resumed their unfinished conversation.

“Back to what you said just now; what’s with my liking? I love to befriend with you just the way you are okay. It’s fine with me. You really don’t have to change for me. And I never ask you to.” Sunny said with anger and shock clearly heard in her voice.

“Relax, Sunny.” Taeyeon suddenly laugh. “I’m only kidding okay. I’m not changing anything but yeah maybe a little because I have to be more mature I guess, if I want to get married soon. So, don’t worry, your loud friend is still here, maybe half of her at least.”

Sunny couldn’t believe what just happened. Yes, indeed, she was still the Taeyeon. Sunny facepalmed herself with a sigh. What did she expect? Taeyeon changed? Yeah, just like Taeyeon said herself, maybe half of her did change but the other half not. She is still the annoying Kim Taeyeon who she knew 5 years ago.

Soon after they started a new conversation with a new topic, their food came. Taeyeon ate her food delightfully just like the way she is. Sunny had loose her appetite since the first moment she started a conversation with her. She guessed her plan to sort things out with her just not working well. She still couldn’t find a place for her to be her best friend even though they had been friends for a long time. She still couldn’t replace those three friends she met since her childhood life started.

After a moment of silent, Sunny came back to her sense when she heard Taeyeon’s voice calling for her. She looked at her only to be greeted back by her puzzled face.

“Huh?” only what Sunny managed to say.

“I asked, why aren’t you eating?”

“I just don’t feel that hungry anymore. Anyway, are you done? Because I have to...” she stopped mid-sentence and continue after she found the correct things to say. “I have to attend some meetings with the board of directors.” Sunny smiled awkwardly.

“Yes, let’s go.” Taeyeon got up from her seat and looked at Sunny again with her puzzled look. “I thought you’re done.”

“I am.” Sunny also immediately made her way to the counter for the bills.

As she promised Taeyeon that she would treat her this time, she was obliged to fulfil her promise. The bill was not that much to her relief but still felt annoyed because a big part of the bill wasn’t her order at all but she just let it passed. She is not the type of person to go insane about something small.

Sunny walked so recklessly just to avoid Taeyeon at all cost until she unintentionally crashed someone who was in front of her.

“Oh- I am so sorry.” She immediately apologised. She noticed the person was a girl with long wavy golden brown hair.

“It’s okay.” The girl looked up with wide eyes when she realised who was standing before her. “Lee Sunkyu?” she asked with uncertainty in her voice.

To be continued...