Decisions...Me or Her

My Heart Longs For You

 

The rest of the day went rather difficult. In about a few hours after I got there, Megan came home. She was a brunette with a rather y and womanly figure I’d have to say. She was shorter than Chansung and had green eyes. She was pretty, but it was something about her aura I didn’t like. The more I thought about it, the more I got concerned.

Considering what I already knew, Chansung had not been with this girl long enough to call himself getting married. Anyone would have been able to tell him this. What did she do to convince him to want to marry her? To confirm the worst, I saw the ring on her finger. Yea, it was official. There is such a thing as a nice girl, but she was a little too nice. It was almost like she had something motivating her. In any case, marriage was a binding thing and if Chansung decided to tie the knot with her, it wasn’t going to be easy to undo it. I needed to be more convincing.

Dinner had to be the worst night of my existence. She asked question after question and it seemed so probing, even Chansung noticed. The aura in this house was definitely not the same. It was something about us being in one place at the same time that caused tension in the air to be as thick as a wall. However, I can handle pressure with no issues. After dinner, Chansung went upstairs, which left Megan and I downstairs alone.

M: It is nice to have finally met you. Channie talks about you a lot.

J: Really? It seems like you are his only main focus.

M: You’re flattering (changes tone) but I know what you are trying to do. It isn’t going to work.

J: I don’t know what you are talking about.

M: I think you do. I know he is your bestie, but you need to accept the fact that I am in the picture now. You didn’t even convince him to try and stay with you. You told him to come here and he had been so sad that it took you so long to visit him. And the one time you do, you come here stirring up all this drama.

I didn’t think Chansung would tell her something that personal, but for the sake of me not cursing him out, I had to assume he told her unless she gave some other indication otherwise.

J: I don’t know what he has told you, but anything that involves me and him has nothing to do with you.

M: It has EVERYTHING to do with me and I am not giving him up without a fight. And he didn’t need to tell me anything; I already knew what was going on. You two are too lovey dovey for anyone to not know. Face it: you screwed your chances and now you just have to deal with the fact that I am important to him now; maybe even more than you.

J: You say all of this now, but it is up to Chansung to decide things. You aren’t married to him yet so don’t feel so confident.

M: Please. I can give him a marriage and family. You cannot give him that at all. There is no purpose for you to be anything other than his friend. Be grateful for his friendship at least. Chansung is too special to have his heart broken by someone with selfish motives.

She walked away upstairs, leaving me to stand there in the kitchen doorway alone. I couldn’t find more irony in her last statement. Yes, he doesn’t need his heart broken by someone who has the wrong motives to be with him. I don’t have a motive. I simply love him and am here to tell him this before he goes and marries this . I now knew that more needed to be done.

Having enough for one night, I proceeded to go back upstairs when I heard arguing. Megan and Chansung arguing? How could that have happened so quickly? I needed to hear what was going on. I snuck up the steps on all fours, making sure that I was far enough to be close to hear exactly what they were arguing about. I didn’t catch the beginning of it, but I knew that it was an intense subject.

C: I don’t know what your problem was tonight. You had been badgering Junho indirectly with all these damn questions and it is driving me crazy. You need to leave him alone.

M: I don’t know why you are getting so upset. Ever since he had come here, you have been acting all strange and I blame him for that. I am just trying to protect you.

C: I don’t need you protecting me. He is my best friend and you need to respect him. After all, he was in the picture before you.

M: If you are going to be like that, then maybe I don’t need to be here while he is here. I am your fiancée and just want more of your attention.

C: You get enough attention! I hadn’t seen him since I moved out here. You live with me and I give you everything. You need to stop always being in competition with the other people in my life; it isn’t always about you.

M: You need to choose. I know why he is here and if you think that for one second I’m not going to fight for you, then you really don’t know me well.

C: If it ever came down to it, I would choose Junho over you any day.

I couldn’t believe what I heard. I don’t think she could either. I wish I could have seen the expression on his face when he said this. I quickly scooted down the steps and walked up them regularly, because he didn’t need to say anything else to her after that.

I walked past the door cracked and she glared at me. I stood there, took it in and continued walking to me room.

M: (turns back to Chansung) I don’t need this. Since he is so important you can have him. I don’t need you or your damn money! My father can take care of me. I’m out!

This confirmed everything. There was the reason. She began packing her things and left, slamming the door. I couldn’t have been more happier that this happened, but at the same time, there was too much going on for Chansung. I didn’t know she was going to go off on him like that and I would have given her a piece of my mind if I had anything to do with it but that’s ok.

I took off my clothes and lay in bed. I need to rest my mind of today’s events and just let sleep run its course. It had to been an hour or so I had been sleeping, but it felt like forever. I couldn’t get out of my mind what my baby had said. He would pick me before her any day. I knew that our friendship meant something to him, but to say something like that to her after tonight let me know that he still cared for me. I just wanted all of this to be over and for us to be together.

Not even a minute after I allowed myself to sleep for the final time, did I feel a body pressed up to mine from behind. Was I dreaming? Please tell me it wasn’t a dream. If it was, I didn’t want to wake from it. I knew that scent more than anything else and I had no idea what he was doing in my bed after all that had happened.

C: You know it’s me; turn around and look at me.

J: (turns over so that I could see his face) What are you doing here?

C: I thought about what you said and you had been right this whole time. And I forgive you. I guess it was selfish of me to place all the blame on you when I should have made you comfortable enough to tell me how you felt about me; especially knowing that I would return the feelings. I’m sorry I was so mean to you.

J: I’m just glad that I didn’t lose you. You mean so damn much to me Chansung.

C: I know that…and I want to make it up to you.

J: (confused) What do you mean?

C: Let me show you…