The Shooting Star.

He Comes To Life!

 

====================================================================================

The beautiful creature’s sitting beside your bed.

“Gasp!” You almost jumped on the bed.

He reflexively stood up, “Sorry…” he muttered.

He’s wearing a simple white shirt, long jeans, sneakers, and two earrings glowing on his ears.

“What..who are you?? And what the $%@# are you doing in my room??”

He kept quiet, his eyebrows were brought together. You’re not sure whether he’s confused which question should be answered first, or just startled by your behaviors.

“HOH! A-are you a thief?? haaaAAAA…..mfh,” You were about to scream, but he quickly covered your mouth with his hand.

He widened his eyes, and quickly shook his head, “No….”.

 

Your POV:

I moved my head backwards, so he released his hands. I unconsciously put my hand on my mouth.

God, who is this guy?

If he really is a thief, then he’s the best looking thief I’ve ever seen on earth. Or… wait.

“Wawa-wait, how did you get in here?? I always lock the door, and I’ve never opened my windows!”

“I..”

“A-a-are you a g-ghost…???” I stuttered in fear. My apartment’s haunted!?

He quickly shook his head again, “No….”

No? Not a ghost.. then is he..?

I took a deep breath, and then asked, “Are you an angel?”

He brought his eyebrows together, and a moment later he shook his head and smiled.

“I… somehow… came out of…” he pointed at the heap of comics on your table. Those comics were burned out.

“Mwoh…??! What happened to the comics??!” I jumped off my bed and quickly took a look the comics, “They’re burned??? B-but these are not mine! How…?”

I turned my head facing him. He just kept silent.

“Oh no, Jeongmin’s gonna kill me! How am I supposed to tell him???”

Suddenly flashed on my mind, the images of Jeongmin with his watery eyes last night.

Hmm.. maybe I’ll tell him later. When I have the guts.

………………

“Wait..” I turned my head, facing the guy, “Did you say you came out of… (pointing at the burned out comics) …here?”

He nodded.

“Hahaha..” I chuckled myself. “I must be dreaming. I'm now still dreaming.”

I nodded few times, and then pitched my own arm roughly and I ended up shrieking in pain, “Aargh! Geez, it’s not a dream??”

He raised his eyebrows, and shook his head, “It’s not. It’s real.”

I stopped talking for a moment.

Well, this guy’s pretty silent. He doesn’t seem willing to talk much.

But to admit it, he’s pretty cute anyways.

“What’s your name?” I asked all of a sudden.

He looked pretty surprised, but a moment later he shook his head.

I was like, “Huh?”

“I have no name.”

“No name? Weird… You came out of manga, right? I expected your name to be Takeshi, Misaki, Hiroshi…”

He brought his eyebrows together, and shook his head.

“Ok, I’ll consider a name for you… may I?”

He just nodded.

“Hmm… what name shall fit you? Jeeez, Takeshi etc are too common.. No, not Japanese names..”

He kept silent.

“What are you?” I asked.

He was like, “Huh??”

Wait, I slapped my forehead. That question’s so rude! ‘What are you?’ Come on, ----!

“Sorry sorry, I mean.. if you’re neither a ghost nor an angel… I’ll… consider you as a man. Human.”

He brought his eyebrows together, “Of course I am..”

I continued, “Well, ok.. Human in Japanese language is ‘Jin’. I’m thinkin’ of something begins with ‘Jin’.”

Jin Uk. 

Gah! That bastard gets in my mind! I felt intense anger and sadness combined in my chest. I held my chest as I gnashed my teeth. That In-human human with ‘human’ as a name.. Gash!

“What’s wrong?” The pretty guy asked me. I shook my head, banishing Jin Uk’s thrilling face away.

“Nothing.. I’m fine.” I replied with a forced smile. He kept silent, giving me a serious gaze.

“I’m fine, really.” I said again as I looked away, trying to ignore him. “Now give me time to think a good name for you, okay?”

He just nodded with an “Uh-uh.”

Back to the name thingy. Yeah, definitely has to be something with 'Jin'. Jin Uk was an evil 'Jin', and now I'm 'creating' the good 'Jin' one.

I chuckled as I took random pen and book on my table and wrote ‘Jin’ on the book.

I looked at him, his face. Perhaps some ideas will come up..

“Jin-Pretty? Jin-Yeoppo?

Geez. Weird.

Jin-Weird?

OMO! Heck No!”

He tilted his head, with his confused expressions. I then realized that I just spoke loudly instead of thinking in my mind.

“Well… I used to think out loud, hehehe…” I awkwardly said.

He chuckled.

... Well, I kinda like his laugh…

Jin-Laugh? Naaah… I rolled my eyes.

Hmm, looking at his fresh face and smiles.. he must be sooo young. I bet he’s younger than me. Fresh little boy.

Jin-Fresh? No.

Well I ran out of words that describe him well. Pretty, yeoppo, handsome, kirei (beautiful->Japanese), fresh, young..

Ho wait, that’s it. That ‘young’ in English sounds pretty good.

Jin-Young. I spelled it English way. Jin Young. Sounds Chinese, but that’ll do.

I wrote Jin Young (with International alphabet) on the book I was holding.

He read my writing, “Jinyoung.” In Korean way.

Wa-wait. “Say it again!”

“Jinyoung.”

“Yeah, that sounds better! That’s it!” I waved my pen few times.

He tilted his head, with his lips a bit apart.

“Your name is Jinyoung! How ‘bout it? Sounds pretty tingly.. but I like it. You want it?”

He just smiled, and a moment later he nodded.

“And.. what’s your name?” He asked.

Huh? ..Ah yeah, I forgot to tell him that, hahah..

“I’m ----. Annyeong haseyo…!” I cheerfully waved my hand.

Jinyoung chuckled, smiled wide as he nodded, “----.”

Seriously, his smiles caught my eyes. And I kinda like the way his eyes narrow when he’s smiling.

“…Ho My God! (I slapped my forehead) I’ll be late for class!”

I rushed myself out of my bedroom, ignoring the confused Jinyoung.

The bathroom is not installed in my bedroom, it’s out--in the living room of my apartment.  So I ran to the bathroom for a quick shower.

………………

I finished, I walked out with only a towel covering my body.

I opened my bedroom door.

“GASP!”

Jinyoung startled by my voice, turned his face towards me.

I quickly slammed the door. I forgot that there’s a guy in my room!

“Uh.. Jinyoung….!” I spoke loudly.

“Hmm?”

“Can you… can you just come out…?”

I felt the door pushed towards me, like he’s opening it. I pushed the door, holding it from opening wider.

“Wait! w-with your eyes closed please…!”

“What?”

“Jebaaal!”

“Oh, nae.”

I slowly opened the door, letting him to walk out.

And yeah, he closed his eyes. He walked out through the door blindly with his hands forward like, reaching nowhere.

I slowly walked towards the door..

His hand suddenly bumped touched my neck.

“Hooh!” I reflexively screamed and slapped his hand.

“S-sorry!” He looked very surprised, holding his eyes closed hard.

Whoa.. even with his eyes closed that way.. he looked pretty...

“Y-you’re in yet?” he asked, banishing my thoughts.

“Hoo, n-not yet! wait..!” I slipped myself through the door quickly and slammed it, “Ok, I’m in!”

 

Author’s POV:

You held your neck.

Your thoughts recalling the feeling, of such warm hand on your neck..

“What am I thinkin’?!” You yelled at yourself, “I’ll be late for college!”

You then rushed to your wardrobe and get clothed hastily.

………………

You walked out of your bedroom, tidy (at least tidy enough for you) and ready.

Jinyoung were sitting on a sofa, and he stared at you as you hastily passed him, ignoring him.

The moment when you were about to grab your bag, You froze.

The last night moments suddenly flashed like a slide show in your mind.

 

Your POV:

I swallowed my saliva.

“You ok?” Jinyoung suddenly spoke, taking me back to reality.

I looked at him.

I let out a big relieved sigh. Jinyoung’s deep eyes somehow made me feel…better.

“Hey…” He brought his eyebrows together, “You ok?”

“I’m fi.. better now, thanks.” I looked down at my bag, with my right hand rubbing my forehead.

Unfortunately, the last night scene appeared again. Ara and Jin Uk cuddling, touching each other…

I took a deep breath, and shook my head as I exhaled, “No. Not today. I’m not ready yet.”

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows. Of course, everybody would be confused with someone like me, talking to my own self, shaking head like a freak…

“You sure you’re ok?” He asked me again.

“I’m taking my day off.” I said as I turned my face towards him.

Yeah, I'm not ready yet to see Jin Uk and Ara at the campus. Not yet. I'm not going to the campus today. No.

He was silent for a moment, before he asked, “So where are you going?”

I shook my head.

But, wait. Jinyoung gave me an idea.. I’ll just go somewhere to cheer myself up..

“I wanna go somewhere. You wanna come, Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows.

“Well, I… guess I need a company..” I said shamefully.

He then smiled warmly and said, “Sure.”

“But you can’t go like this,” I said, referring to his very simple clothes. He innocently looked down at his own body.

I looked around and then ran to my bedroom. Jinyoung followed me.

I opened my wardrobe, took a blue oversized hoody jacket, and gave it to him.

He nodded as he slipped his hands through the sleeves, and the jacket fit him nicely.

He then took random black cap and wore it.

“How do I look?” He asked with a smile.

Whoa, I swallowed my saliva. He looked perfectly eye-catching...

“Ok,” I smiled, as I gave him a thumb up and then grabbed my bag, “We’re ready to go…”
========================================== 

 

Author’s POV:

As you walked out through your apartment door..

“Hey!”

“Gasp!” It’s your neighbor Ah Teuk, making you almost jumped in surprise. You quickly closed the door before Jinyoung shows himself up.

“Why so surprised?” She asked.

You just grinned awkwardly.

“Hey you know the newsflash this morning?”

Your thoughts were away, thinking about how to make sure Ah Teuk-unnie doesn’t see Jinyoung.

“Last night few people noticed a shooting star passed by our city’s sky! Really!” she continued.

You didn’t get what she said, you just caught the ‘really!’ and you responded, “Whoa.. really?” 

“Really! Aaaah, seriously! How could I not know? I would have wished many things! Aaaah!”

“Uh, yeah… wow…” Although you didn’t catch her words, you responded her so it won’t be rude.

“Yeah! They say it's probably a.. huge comet or somethin’.. I dunno. But the thing is, aigoo.. I missed a shooting star!”

“Yeah missed a shoo… (you realized) wait, a shooting star?”

“Yeah…! What do you think I’m talking about?”

 

Your POV:

Shooting star?

This morning, Jinyoung appeared just like that in my bedroom. Came out of the comics, he said. It’s absolutely impossible and so unrealistic. It has something to do with the shooting star thingy, hasn’t it? Wait. Did I wish something about him last night? But.. what was it?

“Heey! You still awake? Hello…?” Ah Teuk-unnie ‘woke’ me up before I finish recalling my memories.

“Uh? Oh haha yeah.. (I then remembered that Jinyoung’s still there) uh, unnie.. you’re not going to work?”

“Ah yeah! You’re right! I was about to go, hahaha… ok bye!” She waved at me as she walked fast, away.

I sighed in relief, as I opened the door.

Jinyoung walked out, looked straight at me and asked, “Why you don’t want people to see me?”

“No, not like that Jinyoung. It’s just, people surely will think bad of me, if they see me, a girl come out of her apartment room with a guy.”

Jinyoung remained silent for a moment, before saying, “Perhaps I shouldn’t be here..”

“H-hey don’t say that…” I commented as I automatically put my hands on his cheeks. I surprised by my own act, and I released my hands quickly. “S-sorry.”

He widened his eyes. He then slowly nodded, “It’s ok.”

The whole situation suddenly became awkward.

I felt bad, I said, “It’s okay, you may stay in my apartment, Jinyoung... just make sure nobody sees you..”

He kept silent. I felt really bad for my terrible assertiveness.

“Jinyoung, listen. I’m fine with you here. Well yeah, you scared me by appearing in my bedroom, but seriously… I.. (think fast to find nicest words) .. I think God had a plan that he sent you here.”

Ok. Perhaps that wasn’t nice enough. But that’s the only thing I can think of..

“Plan?”

“Yea, God always had plans. Good plans. He made miracles happen, to achieve His awesome plans. And you’re one of the miracles. One of His plans..” I swallowed my saliva as I heard a voice repeating my words in my mind..

One of His plans.

The shooting star. I remembered what Ah Teuk-unnie told me. 

The shooting star last night. Last night. The more I think of last night, the more memories burst out in my mind.

I remembered, I was heartbroken. I yelled like crazy, blaming everything. I even yelled at the comics, mumbling something about the perfectness of their male lead characters. Insane.

I then remembered, before I fell asleep, I mouthed something like..

Wish I had someone to love me.. just like in those mangas..

The shooting star. They say, God grants wishes let out by the people wherever the star passes by.

There passed a shooting star last night.

And then I met this beautiful creature in the morning, saying he came out of the manga comics.

I looked at him. I realized, that he kept looking straight at me since we were talking a while ago. A moment of silence just dropped by.

Is he.. the grant of my wish? That manga-like perfect someone I wished for…?

I scorned at myself as I looked down. Stop thinking fluffy sweet things, ----! Don't you remember, the last time you thought sweet things about a guy, you ended up with your heart crashed like a beaten mirror.

No one. No guy on earth will ever love me.

I felt my eyes wet. Jinyoung widened his eyes a bit, seeing me this way.

I muttered shamefully, “Ah, s-sorry, Jinyoung… I.. just..”

But the more I tried to speak, the deeper my eyeballs sank in a pool of tears.

And yeah, as I blink, tears dripped through my cheeks, followed by my right hand quickly covered my mouth.

And just right before my tears become sobs, I felt warm thing touched my face, wiping my wet cheeks.

I looked up.

Jinyoung wiped my tears with his hand. With his smooth fingers.

He looked straight into my eyes. I swallowed my saliva again.

Seriously, his dreamy deep eyes made me feel so warm. Embraced by a peaceful comfortable feeling.

And instead of saying ‘don’t cry’, he whispered..

“Perhaps I am one of His plans... for you.

====================================================================================

Finally an update... pheeew..

Sorry for such late update!

Something terrible happened to my laptop and I had to rework all my tasks and fanfics...

Anyway, thanks for reading, subbing, and commenting.. :D 

God bless you all guys :)