Where It Started.

He Comes To Life!

====================================================================================

You felt your heart beat fast.

It’s Jin Uk, passing by your class. You glanced at his face and smiled..

“Aaaah… don’t tell me you’re still into him.”

You turned around, it’s Jeongmin, talking to you.

“Ah, you know what Jeongminnie?? He texted me again yesterday! Aaaaah…!” you said in excitement, waved your hand up and down, and then pitched his arm.

“Oouch! Heeey..!” He jokingly frowned at you.

“Ah, but he hadn’t driven me home yet..” you pouted.

“Oppa…!”

Jeongmin turned his head to the voice. It’s his girlfriend.

 

Your POV

Ara. She always looks so beautiful. Jeongmin’s pretty lucky to have her.

Yeah, at least luckier than me. I’ve never had a boyfriend. Seriously.

Jeongmin spoke to her for a while, gave her a small smile, then left the class.

“Hi unnie..” Ara smiled,  as she waved at me.

“Oh, hi there Ara..” I smiled as a reply.

Geez, my heart burned in envy. Today she’s wearing a bright yellow sweater, with a cute black skirt. Her angelic hair rumples slowly by the wind, and hangs beautifully on her shoulders. So… appealing.

“Jeongmin-oppa sure become colder to me these days…” she suddenly pouted.

“Oh really? (she nods) .. did you guys fight?” I asked, she just shook her head. I continued, “Well, he didn’t tell me anything wrong..”

“Yeah, but I want him to be just like before.. he pats my head gently or ruffles my hair often… (she puts her hand on her head, smiling) .. what if he no longer loves me?”

“Ow.. don’t worry dear, I’m sure he still does. Remember when he made 18 roses from toilette tissues for your last year’s birthday? He stayed awake all night making them, you know.”

She just smiled.

My heart somehow hurt. I definitely envy her, for she has such nice boyfriend like Jeongmin. Ah, they’re just so lucky to have each other.

“And you… You love him right?” I asked all of a sudden. My God! Why did I ask such unimportant thing?

“Ah? Of course unnie... I love him sooo much… I’m so afraid to lose him..”

“O-okay… (she’s such a drama queen!) … i-if you love him, just believe in him, okay?” I patted her shoulders and she nodded.

 

==========================================

After the last class

 

I’m walking with Jeongminnie. We’re heading to Ara’s class, for Jeongmin’s going to pick her up and drive her home.

“Here, I’ve finished reading them.” Jeongmin handed me some Japanese comics.

“Whoa… (I take them) .. since when you like mangas? I thought you’re only interested in American action comics..”

“Hey… I love every kind of comics. These are worth to read too. Though, too much fluffs in it, haha..”

I nodded, as I put them in my bag. I then remembered something, and said, “Say, what’s the matter with you and Ara? You guys fight?”

“Uh? ..No.”

“She told me you’re pretty cold to her these days..”

“Oh. Really?”

“Uh? Since when you become Mr. Short-Answers like this??”

He just laughed.

Near Ara’s class, we met her. She looked very surprised to see us.

“Ah, unnie! Oppa! You surprised me!

“Shall we go home now?” Jeongmin asked her.

“A-ah, nae oppa.”

Suddenly Jin Uk came.

GASP! I felt jolts in my heart, swarming all over my blood vessels.

“Ah, oh hi Jeongmin. Hi ----.” He greeted us.

Jeongmin just smiled at him, and I replied cheerfully, “Hi..!”

He then looked at Ara and said, “Oh, ooh you’re here too, Ara.”

Ara smiled at him.

“Well, let’s go home, Ara… “ Jeongmin held her hand,  Ara nodded.

“Ok, we go first, bye ----, Jin Uk..” he waved at me and Jin Uk, and the two began to walk away.

“Oh, uh, ----.“ Jin Uk spoke to me.

“Yeah?”

“Can I ride you home?”

Jeongmin and Ara somehow stopped and stared at me and Jin Uk.

“Huh? Seriously??”

“Yeah...!”

“Ah, sure then!”

Gosh! I felt like jumping now! YEAH! HE FINALLY DRIVES ME HOME! Whoohoooo!

He chuckled. Hope he didn’t see me blushing or getting too excited, hahahah!

And here we are, the four of us, ended up walking together to the parking lot.

 

==========================================

On the road, me and Jin Uk on his motorbike. We chatted a lot, yay!

Until the conversation reached:

“..Yeah, glad I have someone to drive me home… No way I can ask Jeongmin…”

“Ah, I don’t really like that guy..”

“Huh? Who?”

“Jeongmin.”

“Uh? Why?”

He didn’t answer me, he just raised his shoulders.

“Do you possibly dislike him because you like Ara?”

WHAT?? DID I JUST ASK HIM THAT?

“Uh? Of course no…!”

Pheeew.. I exhaled in relief.

 

==========================================

In front of my apartment,

 

“Well, hehe… thanks a lot, Jin Uk-ah….” I gave him my best smile.

He smiled back, “Nae, sure. Bye.” As he waved and started his motorbike.

“Bye,” I waved, and when he reached about few meters away from my apartment, I jokingly yelled, “Tomorrow drive me again, will ya?!”

He looked back at me and just chuckled, as he moved away out of sight.

 

==========================================

I walked to my room, happily. I can’t keep myself smiling, yay!

“Whoa you look very happy today!” Ah Teuk-unnie,  a woman who lived beside my apartment room commented.

“Ah nae, unnie!” I cheerfully replied, and then waved at her, as I took my room key from my pocket. I then opened the door and went inside.

Ah! My cellphone rang. Oh it’s Jeongminnie.

Hey, when you reached your apartment, text me.

--------------

And I replied,

I’m in my room already,, What’s the matter?

--------------

Nothing. Just a bit worried about my lil’ friend, hahah.

--------------

Lol, hahah... no need 2 worry,, he’s not gonna kidnap me, Jeongminnie… ahahaha

--------------

He didn’t reply. Ah, maybe he just ran out of pulse as usual.

I then remembered the comics he gave me.

I took them out of my bag, and checked them one by one.

Romance, romance, romance, action..… oh with a bit romance. Whoa, manga writers surely are all romantic.

Haha, I chuckled as I noticed the manga main male characters. Across mangas, even across animes, they always look the same to me. Wonder why?

 

==========================================

Author’s POV

You didn’t realize that it’s already dark. You enjoyed reading those comics, and your mind flew, imagining the whole happily-ever-after romances happen with you and Jin Uk.

“Ah.” You mumbled as your cell phone rang. Your smile widened as you hear the ringtone, for you had set a special ringtone for the special one, Jin Uk.

--------------

Hey, let’s get some drink tonight!”

--------------

You were like, “AAAAAwwwwh!” He’s asking you for a date??

You replied,

Oh, sure… tonight?

--------------

Nae, but can you go by yourself? I can’t pick you up.. At the café near our campus, ok?

--------------

You disappointed a bit, that he couldn’t pick you up, but the thoughts of the very first date with him just lighten your spirits up.

Ok, what time?

--------------

At eight straight, ok?

--------------

Ok.

--------------

 

Your POV

KYAAAAH! Jeongminnie has to know this!

Hey Jeongminnie! Guess what,, Jin Uk just asked me out! We’re going to have drinks at the café, near the campus! Awwwh I just can’t help myself screaming, hahah xD

--------------

Without waiting for his reply, I just rushed to my wardrobe and opened it.

Aaah, what should I wear?? God help me!

 

==========================================

Authors POV

After a very long time of picking, you finally decided to wear a simple black blouse with a simple jeans. You looked mature that way.

And when you arrived in front of the café, you took a deep breath, telling yourself, “You’re fine ----, You’re fine. Chill.. pheeeeew..”

You walked through the door. Your heart beat faster and faster. You turned your head everywhere, looking for him.

“Ah!” You saw him. You felt hundred jolts swarming from your heart trough your body. You then forced yourself to walk towards him.

“Hey, ----… You came…?” he noticed you.

You smiled and happily sat in front of him.

“Oh mianhae, I forgot to tell you, you don’t have to come tonight.”

You suddenly felt something wrong. “What?”

“Nae, jeongmal mianhae.. I’ve already got company tonight…”

“Huh?”

“Oppa…”

You then looked up, a nice-shaped girl in a cute pink dress, with angelic hair hangs beautifully on her shoulder.. …. Ah NO!

 

Your POV

“A… Ara??”

I just can’t believe my eyes. She walked towards us, kissed Jin Uk on the cheek, and sat beside him. They began cuddling each other. In front of me?

I felt electrical jolts again in my heart. But this time it’s a lot different. It’s extremely painful!

“Oh, hi unnie..” she greeted me with a smile. The most dreadful smirk I’ve ever seen.

“W-wha… what are you doing here? A-ah this must be a joke, hahahah.” I forced myself to laugh. “Jeongminnie must be hiding here somewhere…. Hey, come out Jeongmin-ah! It’s not funny, brother.. really!” I just yelled, didn’t even care though some people in the Café were staring at me.

They both chuckled. “What are you doing, unnie?”

I swallowed my saliva. This is NOT a joke. God! If this is just a nightmare, please wake me up immediately… Before my tears drip and embarrass me here..

“Enough. Stop it.”

A very familiar voice, followed by a warm hand grabbed my hand and force me to stand up.

“J-Jeongmin-ah?”

“Let’s just get outta here. I feel SICK.” He said, emphasizing the word ‘sick’ with a huge scorn.

Ara glared at us. Without caring for the ‘new’ couple, he just pulled my hand leaving the horrible-atmosphered café.

 

==========================================

Jeongmin’s POV

I’m driving the car. She was so silent on our way to her apartment.

Well, I don’t feel like speaking either.

..........

Hey Jeongminnie! Guess what,, Jin Uk just asked me out! We’re going to have drinks at the café, near the campus! Awwwh I just can’t help myself screaming, hahah xD

I rushed to the café soon after I read the text. I knew this is going to happen. I knew it.

..........

“T-thanks for coming, Jeongmin-ah,” she suddenly spoke, banishing my thoughts. “I don’t know what will happen if you didn’t co… *coughs ” She couldn’t finish her words. She burst out a cry.

I gnashed my teeth in anger. Jin Uk and Ara. I felt like punching that guy in the face. And I felt like cutting her hair to bald!

It’s okay if they hurt me, play me, though it’s heck painful! But I just can’t take it if they treat my bestfriend this way!

She kept crying and sobbing.

“Stop it, (I blinked my eyes as tears drooled down) .. you’re not the only one who got hurt!” I turned my head on her, showing my tearful face.

“B-but Jeongmin.. h-how? You and Ara…”

“We broke up. (she, “What?”) This afternoon when Jin Uk drove you home.”

“B-but..”

“I suspected that they had affairs, since few months ago. I… (I swallowed my saliva, my heart burns) … I found out that it’s true last week. I accidentally saw them… k..(I swallowed again) kissing.”

“WHAT? Then why didn’t you just confront them, or broke up with her that time?”

“I can’t, ----! I just couldn’t lose her! I loved her!”

She widened her eyes.

“But when I found out she wanted to hurt you, my bestfriend, I felt like… I’m THROUGH.”

“Jeongmin… she doesn’t deserve your love…”

“That bastard, doesn’t deserve your love also.“

She coughed in grief, and started to cry again. I just kept myself silent.

“T-then why didn’t you tell me earlier? That he… he’s…. cruel…” she suddenly muttered.

“I just can’t…! Mianhae! How am I supposed to tell you? I can’t imagine how your reaction will be!”

“I’m now hurt anyway…..”

 

==========================================

Your POV

Jeongmin accompanied me to my apartment room door.

“Thanks again Jeongmin-ah…”

He nodded.

I remembered the whole ‘crime scene’ again, and before I knew it I just burst out crying again.

Jeongmin pulled me and hugged me tightly. I felt something wet on my shoulder. I know, he’s crying too.

……………………………………………..

Author’s POV

In your room.

Here comes the WORST day of your life. The most heartbreaking day ever.

You just can’t stop yourself crying.

 

Your POV:

My eyes are wet. Seemed like I won’t be able to stop crying for a week.

I looked at those Japanese comics Jeongmin lent me on the table.

I scorned at the main male character on the cover.

Across mangas, animes.. They just look the same!

It’s like I’m reading and watching the same person over and over again!

Ha ha ha ha ha! With tearful cheeks, I shouted my depressed laughs out.

“There isn’t such nice loving guy in this world as those manga characters!”

Aaaargh! Why do they always have romance in mangas?!

I’m sick of those romance stuffs, the fluffs, love birds huffs.. aaack…

SO UNREALISTIC!

Those fairytales won’t ever EVER happen! .. to.. me.

Gah… What am I thinking?

I just threw myself on the bed. Uttering my unfinished cry, again.

 

Author’s POV:

Your mind wandered... remembering those lovey-dovey scenes in mangas and animes.

“WHY CAN’T I EXPERIENCE BEING LOVED BY SOMEONE? WHY?!” You yelled.

You swallowed your saliva in a deep grief, and whispered…

“Wish I had someone to love me.. just like in those mangas..”

And fell asleep.

Surely, you didn’t see the bright little thing flew across the tonight’s sky.

The heap of comics on the table suddenly glowed. Just glowed brighter, brighter, and brighter.

……………………………………….

 

==========================================

In The Morning.

 

YOUR POV:

……Aaaaaah…

What an annoying alarm!

Is it morning already? Sheesh…

You opened your eyes.

…..…..…..…..…..…..…..!!!

You nearly jumped on your bed.

You saw a pretty face. The prettiest face on earth.

He’s looking at you. Smiling.

The prettiest smile you’ve ever seen.

….. ….. …… ……

Wait a sec.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS GUY DOING IN MY ROOM?!

====================================================================================