My Past

Will I Really Fall In Love?

"~~~ listen" your mother cupped your small face with her cold, wet, shaky hands, crying in front of you in the rain. 

"all of mommy and daddy's stuff are in the bag, all of our personal stuff are in here money, passports everything." You mother worriedly said to you. 

"where did they go??!!" the man in a black suit yelled. 

Shocked, your mother grabbed your wrist. "kaja" she whispered. 

You and your mother ran far away from them and stopped in a alley.  "umma where is daddy?" You innocently asked. She crouched down to get to your height.  Your mother softened but she was also hurt that she lost her lovable husband, who protected you from the men coming after you and your mother.  "your father is no longer with us honey, your father protected us from those men" she wiped your face from the rain. 

"than where did he go?" you innocently blinked at your mom.  Your mom let out a small chuckle at how cute you looked.

"You father is now up there" she pointed up to the sky. You followed her finger up to the sky. "Cheongmal?? Daddy can fly??" You said fascinated.  Your mother let out another small chuckle *I'm going to miss you very much my sweet ~~~* 

"what's so funny mommy?" You tilted your head. "nothing. What I'm saying is that daddy is in...heaven right now. Understand."  She meekly smiled.  Your mouth made an O and nodded your head innocently.

"So that means that daddy won't be here anymore, he is no longer with us." She pat your head.  "So daddy is..dead?" You looked down.  "Well.... Yeah.." Your mother had no other why to explain it so she agreed with you. 

"WHERE DID SHE GO??!!" They yelled. 

Frightened, your mother grabbed your wrist and made you hide in a box with the bag inside.

"~~~ listen carefully." She looked at you. "Stay strong, always be happy even tough your dad and I are gone. Never be sad okey?" You nodded. "And if any weird looking men come looking for you run away as far as you can, don't let them catch you" You nodded, understanding.  Your mother cupped your face and put her forehead against yours.  "And the most important thing, find someone you truly love, just like how I met your father and remember we will always love you."

"I THINK SHE'S OVER HERE" They yelled. 

With wide eyes that your mother had she quickly kissed you forehead. "Don't go anywhere until they are completely gone arasso?" You nodded 

"SHE'S OVER HERE" They shouted. 

She kissed you one last time on the forehead "I love you." She smiled to you.  Your mother grabbed a random piece of card board and covered you. 

"DON'T MOVE OR WE WILL SHOOT!!"  Your mother turned around, preparing to run.  You looked at what's going on with the small hole from the card board.  

"BAM BAM BAM"

With your very own eyes you slowly saw your mom fall to the ground. 

"Let's go our job is done." The man in black said. 

With wide eyes, tears falling, you covered your mouth with your hands.  All the things your mother told you were running in your head 'Stay strong, Don't let them catch you, find someone you truly love, we will always love you.' When you heard foot steps are all gone, you quickly ran out to your mom. 

"UMMA!" You cried out loud, shaking her to wake up "UMMA, UMMA, UMMA!!!" 

 

After a few hours you decided that you need to move on. You wiped your tears and bowed to your mom for the last time and walked away.  Out in the streets you kept walking but grew tired. You stopped at the back of a restaurant and slept there for the night. 

"OMO! Why is there such a poor child here" The ahjumma looked at you. She was in her late 40's, that had curly hair and glasses on. She carefully carried you inside her restaurant and laid your down on a bench. She quickly grabbed some blankets and a pillow for you. 

"Aigoo what a poor child, I wonder where are her parents?" She sighed.  Than an idea came up. "I should make her something warm for her to eat." 

You slowly woke up to see a strange place. "You woke up already??" You saw a ahjumma coming towards you.  She placed some bread and a bowl of soup beside you. You looked at it deliciously and your stomach made a loud grumble noise. You looked at her and she looked at you.  She let out a chuckle, she reminded you of your mom which made you smile. 

"Go ahead and eat it, I no your hungry go ahead don't be shy" She smiled.  You looked at her and back at the food. "Go ahead." You grabbed the bread and devoured it.

"Aigoo slow down or else you'll choke" She patted your head. The ahjumma walked to the counter to finish up cleaning. She glanced at you to see you crying while eating your bread. She smiled and continued her usual routine. 

When you were done you went up to the ahjumma. "umm." You shyly asked. She turned around to face you. "Yes?" She replied.  "Here's for the food." You held out some money.

"Omo! Where did you get the money?" She asked you. "My umma gave it to me before she was dead."  She soften.

"Keep it!" She beamed. "Ehh? B-but." You where confused from her answer. "It's my treat so don't worry! How about your appa where is he?" She questioned.  "My appa is also gone.." You lowered your head. *You poor thing, oh! I know!*

"And I have no where else to go too..." you pouted.

"How about this, since I don't have much help for my restaurant, I'll let you stay with me, I'll even pay you, if you work for me" She suggested. 

"Cheongmal?! You will do that for me??" You were surprised of her offer to you. 

"Would you work for me? I would provide you a room, clothes and food for free." She smiled.  "Neh! I will work for you, I will work hard! I won't let you down!" You brightly smiled. *That's much better*

"Alright! What's your name by the way?" She asked you. 

"Lee ~~~, Lee~~~ is my name." You replied.  "~~~? Alright your first duty is to help me wash the vegetables arasso?" 

"Neh!" You went right on it.

*This should put a little fun in my life.* She smiled looking at you right away helping her. 

During dinner she asked you many questions about your parents. You told her that your father was involve in a gang. You told her that there might be weird looking people looking for her. She nodded understanding her situation. That night you told her everything that happened in you life, you were so lucky that this ahjumma has such a kind heart and accepted you, you could never forget about her.