Aquaintance

Stranger

" Nice to meet you Chaemin...sunbaenim?" Taemin smiled at me. But I was still looking at that charm...

" Yeah, nice to meet you. Oh are you a junior?" I said, my mind half there. But I've met you before.

" Yeah, I used to live here but we moved and now I'm coming back to attend school here for the last 2 years of high school."

Finally he saw me eyeing the golden shoe. " Haha, isn't it pretty? A girl I met a long time ago gave it to me." He it fondly.

He doesn't remember me.

He looked up and flashed another one of his pretty smiles. Did my stomach just flutter?

" So, um sorry, you can keep practicing." He said, as he started backing out the door.

" Wait!..um..wait.. Can I show you around?" I startled him and even myself with the words that spilled out of my mouth.

He only smiled. " Sure."

_______________________________________________________________________

I knew exactly who she was.

But something about blurting straight out that she had been the girl I met all those years ago in a practice room didn't seem right. She noticed the charm alright. But what if she doesn't remember me?

I had already had the basic tour, but it wouldn't hurt to make a friend, right? Besides a person who goes here can give me the insiders of school life. I'm going to have to settle down quick. Senior year at a new school is going to be hard on me.

" Sure."

" Okay, well..this is the performing arts wing. I usually come here most of the day. If you didn't notice, things are pretty lax here. You're a dancer, I'm assuming. You'll probably be spending a lot of time here. The janitor for this section for campus is nice and usually lets me stay until pretty late....."

Start Flashback

"Hey Chae what's up!"

"Shouldn't you be using formal speech?"

" I might look little, but we're both in 3rd grade right?"

" Uh, noooo. I'm in 4th grade." The girl pouted.

" Well, I'm still going to call you Chae." The boy stuck is tongue out in mocking.

" Well, go learns some manners, Minnie." She stuck her tongue out.

" Yah, that's a girl name!"

" Annyeong, Minnieeee..."

" Bye, Chae."

The girl sent the boy one last glare before prancing out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________

" Hey, Chae, I have to tell you something."

" Hmm?"

" I'm moving."

" BWOH?! Where???"

" Incheon." the boy replied, barely a whisper.

" I'll miss you Minnie..."

" Hold on to that charm, 'kay, Noona?"

" Hah, calling me noona now that you're leaving? Okay, and you hold onto yours." 

End Flashback

" Taemin? I asked you if you wanted to go grab a drink at the cafe nearby."

" Oh, yeah sure."

, I spaced out...I think I just missed her entire tour.

_______________________________________________________________________

We sat down with my vanilla latte and his caramel macchiato at a round table in a warm cafe 2 blocks away from campus. Sometimes I come here to write music.

" So... where did you move from?" I ventured. The Taemin I knew moved to Incheon. I still wasn't sure it was him because who knows, there could've been plenty of those Nike charms on the market.

" Oh, I  just live the next district over. My parents decided to let me come to school here is all."

So it's not him...

Suddenly it all came rushing back to me. The days spent in that small practice room. Singing, dancing, just laughing with no cares in the world. After he moved, there was no one else to encourage me to pursue my dream. I still played piano and wrote music but I had long given up on my dream of becoming a musician.

But this wasn't Taemin. Taemin moved to Incheon.

" So...you're a piano player?" his question stirred me from my thoughts.

" Well, I wouldn't say that. I'm going to be a doctor."

" Really, I would've never known. Sounds like you spend a lot of time in that performing arts hall."

"...my parents want me to be a doctor."

He didn't respond right away- like he expected me to go on.

" My parents are both world renowned doctors and so were my granparents and my sister is in training of course I'm expected to be a doctor too I mean, it would be preposterous for me not to be I owe it to my family  I owe it to myself come on, what are the chances that I will be successful as a musician?"

When I finally stopped for breath, I looked up to see Taemin just looking at me with genuine concern.

" You know, a person who dreams for a long time becomes similar to their dreams."

No.

No.

It's not him.

" I think if you really want it you should go for it. You sounded pretty good. I'd love to hear you play again." He smiled. " It's starting to get late so i think I'll just head home now. See you tomorrow sunbaenim!"

" Right, um you don't have to call me sunbaenim. Just call me Chaemin!"

" Oh, okay!" He flashed one last adorable smile before pushing through the cafe door.

I let out a big sigh.

It can't be him.

A/N: Hi, guys, I haven't updated in a while, haha sorry. Please comment, criticize and subscribe!