Chapter 2

My Purpose

Yoona's Point Of View

Finally, I sighed. 

Korea, the place my grandmother described to me a lot in the past. I was so exceited to see Korea for myself. But I wasn't here just to see it, I came here to live in it.  I was hoping that finally, my life will get better. my grandmother loves korea so much, she always talked to me about it and her memories are the main reason  I decided to come and live here. I wanted to make great memories too. just like her.

Although I just came in from the United States, I still loved Korea as if it was my own country.

Most students were not on campus yet, we still had 3 weeks before the begenning of classes. I hurridley unpacked my suitcase when I got to the dorms. It's a big room with 2 beds facing each other. My roommate, Yuri, wasn't on Campus yet. We talked on the phone before, she said she'll come in one week before the start of the first semester. She seemed like a nice girl. And a funny one too.

When I was done, I decided to explore Seoul. I walked under the bright sun with a huge smile on my face. Everything is going so well and everything will be fine. or so I thought.

I found myself walking into a park with children playing around. It's nice to see asian kids for a change, I chuckled to myself.  I closed my eyes and leaned back, I took in the breeze and the sounds of my surroundings. Then I sighed, satisfied with everything.

When I opened my eyes, there was a guy staring at me. He stood near the tree facing me. He had dark brown hair and a pairof beautiful eyes. He looked extraordinarly handsome. But his godly eyes were intense, dark and very clear. He took a few steps towards me hesitantly.  The closer he got, the darker his eyes seemed.but I wasn't scared though.  He stopped in front of me with a horrified look on his perfect featuers.

"Do you need something?" I asked the stranger

My voice had obviously startled him for he took a step backwards. "You can see me," He said then slowly and smoothly, turned around and walked away.  I didn't know what do or say. Of course I saw him. I was going to follow him but he had dissapeared by the time I came to my senses.

Weird guy.

 

Donghae's Point Of View

"Take me to the Man." I said to Tiffany as soon as I found her. She always wandered in a big abondened building that used to be a factory for clothing.

I haven't met him since the day of my death. So I wasn't sure where he was. 

Tiffany looked at me weirdly but then she held my hand and we were in the same old living room. It didn't look any different. Really, it looked homey and quite. The Man was already thre, sitting on a sofa with a book in his hands.

"Oh. Long time, no see" he said casually

"Hi!" Tiffany greeted him brightly, "I missed you!"

"Can our Purpose change?" I blurted out , not feeling guilty for interrupting his little conversation with Tiffany

The Man blinked twice before answering. "Yes and No" he said in his annoyingly calm voice

I waited for him to say more but he just stood there and looked at me.

"I met this girl,"  I contiunued,  my voice was trembling, "I sensed his presence in her...I sensed her. She saw me too...and I didn't want her to see me. She can see me"

"That means one thing" the Man said , uncaring, "She's your Purpose's desendant"

Two things hit me when he said the words, one was bad and the other was good. Bad because I knew the girl was related to Saebyuk, the stricking resemblence can't be just a coinsidence. in other words, I knew that Kibum and Saebyuk were married after I died. It made me sad and very angry at the same thing. The good thing was, I wouldn't have to kill this girl.  I promised myself, once I find Kibum, I'll kill him slowly. That traiter.

"How old are you Donghae?" the Man interrupted my inner conflict

"26"

"How old is your purpose?"

"He's the same age as me so..right now..he's 93" I said.

93. I never thought about it, the chances that Kibum had already died.

"Donghae, listen." The Man said, this time looking at me seriously, "If and I only said If, if your pupose had already died. You would have to kill the girl or any of his desenants. You understand?"

I thought about it for a moment.

"But it's not her faulth. She doesn't deserve this" 

"Donghae-ah. This is the only choice that you have. if he died already" The Man said, gentle this time, "Look,  how about you check if her grandfather had died or not first."

"But it's still not fair..." I said,

"Look, You don't neccessarly have to kill the girl. You can kill her dad or brother or sister of uncle, if they're alive"

"As if that makes me less of a criminal" I spat but I knew that I was a little bit releived that I wouldn't have to kill the girl that resembled Saebyuk.

Saebyuk. I will have to either kill your son, your daughter or one of your grandchildren... My stomach turned at this thought.

"I can't" I said but something inside of me said I can. Kibum killed me. Didn't he? and I wasn't innocent too. right? It's fair. This is life...

"Donghae. Do it now. If her grandfather isn't alive then do it quick. Don't think too much about it. It will trouble you then" Tiffany said

"I can't" I said, shaking my head

"Just find out if your Purpose is dead or not first" the Man said. I nodded.

There's still a chance, I thought. 

I teleporated back to the park and her scent was still close so I followed it. I used to think the feeling I'll get from my purpose would be hateful and negative but all I'm feeling from this girl is brightness.

Her scent  took me to the University. She is a student.

I started to get closer to where she was, i felt it. Her scent was stronger and brighter than ever. 

She was sitting on a bench again. Her grandmother used to like sitting outside too. Don't let the resemblence hold you back, I ordered myself. and made my way towards her with a smile on my face.

 

Yoona's Point Of View

I looked up to see the weird guy again. This time, he looked calm and gentle. He was smiling too.

"It's you," I said once he stopped in front of me

"Yep. The creepy guy" she said cheekily. I smiled back. He was creepy, alright.

He sat down next to me.

"So, are you new here?" he asked, "I've never seen you before"

"Yep. I'm new" I said, "I just came from the U.S this very morning."

"America...you from there?" he asked, he looked suprised

"I was born there but my grandparents are Korean"

"America...how could..." he muttered under his breathe but I still heard him

"Excuse me?" I interrupted and he smiled again, this time less sincerely.

"Your parents are american too?" he said asked

This guy is asking too much, we just met and he's asking about my parents...

" I'm majoring in English, you know" he added 

"Actually, my grandparents went to Canada first then moved with my to the U.S after 20 years."

Then he stopped smiling. He had a look mixed of anger and sadness. but then he went back to normal in a few seconds. Just my imagination, I said to myself 

"You're korean is pretty good for an American," he complemented

"Well, My grandmother didn't let me speak English at home,"I said, chuckling as I recalled her constant scolding, "'you're not American! you're korean because you are!' she would say"

He smiled warmly too. "As conservative as ever" he said in a distant  voice

"What?" I asked

He looked troubled again, "What I meant was...koreans are strict wherever they go" he said lightly, "it sounds like you're very close to her. You keep mentioning her."

I put an annoying  strand of my brown hair that kept slapping against my cheek behind my ears as I replied.

"Me and grandma are very close. She's the most important person in my life. My mom died early, so I only have her and my Dad."I said, thinking about what my grandmother is going through right now. You see...my grandmother had an evil disease, she had cancer. 

"You don't have any siblings or uncles?" he asked

"No. Just me and them" He looked disheartened.

"What about your grandfather?" he asked in a chocked voice

"He passed away already"

He looked really depressed and mad when I said it. It is as if his own grandfather had just passed away. I heared his teeth gritting...

"Don't be sorry, I wasn't very close to him anyways. He passed away about a year after my mom." I said and he regained his smile but it looked weak now.

"So you're here alone?" he asked

"Yeah. To be honest, I didn't  want to leave my grandmother alone...I mean..She is very sick now and I wanted to spend a lot of time with her but she insisted that I follow my dream and come to korea"

"She's sick?" he said in a pained voice. This guy impressed me with the way he's sensitive to everything I said. I mean, who else looks so pained to know your grandmother is sick?

"Yeah...she have cancer..." I said, I was getting teary myself. My grandmother, so beautiful, kind and gentle. She was dying right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything to save her.But he still looked very sad. "She's happy though. she spent her life well and happily. She have nothing to regret."

Ironaically, it looked like I was the one comforting him when it should've been the other way around.  He was startled by my voice. It's as if he just knew I was sitting here.

"I have to go now," he said in a suprisingly harsh voice and got up to leave.

As I watched him leave, I realized I still didn't know his name. So instinctively, I shouted. "I'm Yoona!"

I didn't think he heard me though because he kept on walking.

Weird Guy, I thought, Weird but nice.

 

A/N helllo everyone! Thank you all for subscribing and reading. I hope it's not very confusing :) if you still have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section and if you understand everything, then leave a comment anyways hehe.  I hope you like "my Purpose" so far.  It's not going to be over 12 chapters though.