Chapter 1

My Purpose

tumblr_lxr1eplptD1r7nvmpo1_400.jpgtiffany1.jpg

 

Donghae Point Of View:

 

I woke up in  well. The water surrounding me was red with my blood. I looked around me, horrified.

What happened?

I wasn't in pain anymore. I felt nothing...nothing...

I attempted to cliimb the ladder but I stepped on something. I peered down and panic ran through me the moment I saw the thing I stepped on. 

This can't be happening...this can't be happening

It was a dead body. My dead body. I gasped, I'm dreaming, I wanted to think. I'm dreaming. 

"Hello," a cheerful voice behind me said and I turned towards it. I swore the girl wasn't there a few seconds ago.

"Calm down. I won't hurt you," She said gently.

She had curlly black hair and a  beautiful eye-smile.

"I know." I said, "You won't hurt me because I'm dead already"

She stopped smiling but didn't look sad either. "Yes. You are dead"

This was an awkward meeting. I was in a well with a girl, we were both surrounded by my blood and I was dead. but the girl didn't look startled or scared. She looked normal.

"Who...are you?" 

"I'm a loster too" she said, smiling again, "My name is Tiffany.Nice to meet you"

"A loster?" I repeated. It sounded like a "loser" to me.

"The ones that missed. The ones who are desperate to be in this world" she explained. or tried to explain.

"You are desperate?"

"Not anymore. but I was, when I was dying. That's why I didn't pass on. because I wanted to stay here. Becuase if I pass on, I won't rest until I find my Purpose"

She raised her hand. "Here, hold my hand. I'll take you out of here"

I hesitated at first but then I thought about it. She can't kill me or hurt me, I'm dead already.

She closed her eyes and then we were in another place. We were in big fancy house.

"Look, I know you're still confused but I'll let the Man explain everything to you. I'm new myself, I only joined the losters 1 year ago." She said, "the Man will be here soon"

"How many of you are there?" I asked

"There are only 4 others. Siwon, Eunhyuk,Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. There used to be another one, Jessica but she passed on already." Tiffany said as she sat on the couch facing me.

"What do you mean, 'passed on'?" 

"She went to the after life. She  found the reason she was clinging to life then let go. For Jessica, it was her boyfriend. he was locked in an underground shelter. She was the only one who knew where the keys were at, so she came back as a loster and saved Jaejoong's life. The poor guy was almost dead when he was rescued. She said her good byes to him then...passed on"

"I still don't get it" I said wearliy

Tiffany scratched her head, trying to find a helpful way of explaining it.

"I'll take it from here, Tiff" said somebody, he popped out of no-where and was sitting right next to her. It was a guy in his early 30's. He had very tiny eyes.

"The Man" Tiffany said and I knew he was the Man.

"What's your name son?" he asked me in a mature, calm voice.

"Donghae"

"When you were dying, Donghae, What were you thinking about?"

Easy. I was still thinking about the same thing when he asked me the question. The same thing I will be thinking about for the rest of my life--I mean the rest of my existance.

"Revenge on Kibum." I simple said

"Nice," he echoed, "So you can't pass on unless you get revenge" 

He studied me for a few seconds then continued. "Humans can't see you unless you want them to. Your 'Purpose' however can see you even if you don't want them to. If you want to pass on, Donghae, you will have to get revenge and kill that person"

"Why would I want to pass on?" I asked. 

"For a start, It's boring here. You can't cry, you can't touch people, even if you want to.  You don't have a heart beat, you can't taste food. You can feel happy,sad or angry but so many things will be missing. And because,  in the after life, you will find everyone that you love."

Everyone that I love. Saebyuk.

"So, Donghae. Do you know where your Purpose is?" the Man asked

"America," I answered, Suddenly angry again. He's in America with Saebyuk....

"America" he repeated thoughtfully. Tiffany was Listening too.

"America?"

"Yeah"

"He's still new," Tiffany said to the Man, "Can I go with him? since I don't know what my Purpose is anyway?"

The  Man nodded. "You stay with him for the next few months and teach him our ways. His Pupose doesn't seem too hard to accomplish"

Tiffany smiled and turned to me. "Ready to go to America Donghae?" she held my hand again.

Then we were in the middle of a crouded street. There were people everywhere and high high buildings.

"New York City," Tiffany said, "This is where the immigrants come in first. We'll start from here. Okay?"

"Tiffany, How do you know where your Purpose is?" I asked. 

"You can sense him. I don't know what that means, of course, but the Man said I'll know when I do. When you're close to him(we don't know how close exactly) you can feel his presence. It's a strong attraction, that's what Jessica said"

"This could take forever!" I growled angrily

I wanted to pass on already. I was eager to meet Saebyuk in the After Life. I could have stayed with her back then of course, Me as a Loster and her as a girl,  but I knew I couldn't kiss her or hug her.  The relationship won't be good enough.

For 15 years. Me and Tiffany looked for them. We looked everywhere in the U,S but I never sensed him. Tiffany had decided to stay when she found out  she can speak english. "Maybe" she said, "Maybe my Purpose is here too"

We were in California when finally Tiffany said what we both knew.

"Your Purpose is not here" she said, 

"I know" I sighed, "And neither is yours"

The problem with Tiffany's purpose is, she doesn't know what her purpose is. She doesn't remember anything before her death.  I figuered out Kibum was still in Korea so we went back again. We looked for another 26 years with no result. He dissapeared. He vanished. 

Finally I gave up. Another 20 years passed and then I finally sensed my purpose.

Only it wasn't him. It was her.

A beautiful girl who's eyes resembled Saebyuk's.

 

A/N Thank you my 15 subsribers! I hope you read this story and enjoy reading it ^^ And Don't forget to comment of course! I want to see what you guys think about the first chapter.

 It's okay if you're still confused, things will be clearer as the story progresses.