The Truth

Brother, can I love you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: The Truth

 

It took Jaejoong seven whole months to fully understand the countless mistakes committed by his brother. It took him a quite while to accept his brother's unfortunate fate yet he never blamed him. For as long as he can remember, Jaejoong was also a fruit of an unwanted mess. A child born outside the fancy family portrait. In spite of the tragic life he had, his brother was crucially sheltering him away from his horrid mother. 

Hence, this was indeed a different trial. Just like any battered spouse he knew, it was the story of her life, dismissed by his brother's bittered wife before leaving. However, it took Jaejoong a second to fall in love with those pair of big eyes. Chanyeol--an infant born outside that fancy portrait was in fact himself. 

Perhaps they are both mistakes of the reckless yesterday, Jaejoong will surely show what parental love really feels to the little bundle inside his arms, unaware of the cruel world before him. Neglected by his own family, left by his fallen mother, Jaejoong was the only family he has now. And with those eyes sparkling with innocence, he wishes he can keep him away from this fate.

Up till now, fate still keeps testing him. "It would be the best decision if you and your family get back to the States and certainly not come back. Chanyeol and I will stay in this serene place where we normally lives." Jaejoong calmly says but his tone was taunting and sharp. The sound of the wall clock ticking maddens him.

"You are getting brave brother. Is it because you are becoming a father now to that...that rubbish?" Maybe he realized that it was wrong to call his own son foul names that made his heart sting a little but maybe it was the heartbreaking look his own brother giving him right now.

"Look, I came here for business not to become a father to that boy," There was an eerie silence before Jaejoong breaks it with a painful chuckle.

"He has a name hyung, your son is called Chanyeol. Why can't you say his name?" He snapped, banging his fist on the wooden table where his older brother was sitting on.

It would be a lie if he wasn't surprised at the sudden outburst of his brother because never once he showed such behaviour. "Give us a day and we'll leave. All

Please log in to read the full chapter