Past

Just One of Those Pairings

 

Amber’s POV

“Hello?” The voice asked again, more alert and awake.

 

“Uuuhhh….” Was my stupid reply.

 

“Omo! Amber?!”

 

Then I immediately pressed the “end call” button.

 

Whoever answered… it’s definitely not Myungsoo.

I wish Myungsoo answered though, I would’ve liked to talk to him.

 

 

 

 

“Amber!? Omona! Unnie, you’re on the floor.” Someone shook me awake.

 

Luna’s voice spoke up again and I sat up groggily.

“What time did you sleep unnie?” Luna asked me. I stood up from the floor and arranged my blankets.

“I don’t know Luna… maybe 11 pm or something?”

“Don’t lie. You were still awake at 2 am.” Luna raised her eyebrows.

“Jinja? So you were awake too?”

“I woke up because of you! Who were you callng anyway?” She asked, helping me up. I tried to just put in my straight face and walked with her to the dining room.

“Morning.” I nodded to Vic umma. Luna frowned and said “AMBERRRRR!”

 

“What?” I laughed. “Who were you calling?” She asked again.

“Yah! I have to find out who it is.” Luna smiled. I just pursed my lips and took my seat, Luna came down with Krystal and Sulli after awhile and another one of our rushed mornings started… bath, pack clothes, run hands through hair, last look at the mirror and then finally, board the van with Infinite’s fan trailing ours to the shooting site.

 

 

I slipped my earphones into my ears and leaned back into the seat, closing my eyes. Am I an insomniac already? From what I remembered… I was so tired and I was expecting my eyes to immediately shut down by 9:00 last night but I only slept at 2 am. Is this a joke?

 

Or maybe… it’s because I just want to talk to Myungsoo last night that’s why I wasn’t able to peacefully sleep.

 

But why? I mean, I could tell anyone about my day… Victoria umma, Krystal, Key or even Donghae oppa.

 

Why Myungsoo?

 

I should just take sleeping pills when this happens again tonight. Hopefully not.

 

“Amber hyung? Let’s go…” Sulli’s voice said. I opened my eyes and hopped off the van coming face to face with Dongwoo who was looking at me curiously. I just bowed and said good morning then walked away, catching up with our tall maknae.

“So who were you calling hyung?” She asked me. I just smiled and shook my head.

“I’ll ask you again hyung.” She looked at me sternly. “Who did you call?”

 

“Woah scary! But seriously Sulli. You don’t need to know.” I said, which probably gave me away but… who cares?

 

“Hey guys hurry up!” Krystal shouted in her high English voice. Sulli and I ran up to her and went inside the tent where Infinite was also being kept for make-up and wardrobe. Myungsoo caught my eye and smiled. I smiled back, feeling that weird urge to start talking to him. I just looked away and sat at my seat for my make-up.

Sometimes, I can see Myungsoo talking to Luna or Sungyeol then I would see him glance at the back of my head and it made me conscious. Sometimes, he would fix his hair when it got windy then he’d bite his lip. I told you I’m a detail freak.

Once you looked at him, he seems really mean and cold but these past few days, I have been observing him as he has observed me.

 

He really cared. Cared for everyone, his hyungs, dongsaengs and friends. I just wish I knew a bit more about his life before when we weren’t this close.

I mean… he doesn’t share anything to me.

But then again I don’t too. I’ll see what I can do.

 

“Hey, Let’s get to the set.” Victroia waved to me. I stood up and followed her out of the tent.

 

“Places everyone, Amber and Dongwoo by the bench. Luna and Myungsoo will come in through the stairs and then Victoria and Sunggyu will walk by.” Our director said. I took my seat beside Dongwoo hyung then the music played and I lip-synced to “My Style” chorus while the others walked by us. Myungsoo was of course, concentrating on looking at the camera and Luna deeply so I had the private chance to look at him even though the cameras were rolling.

 

-------------------------------

 

“Rest up first. See you in a few.” Our director bowed out. I shrugged off my vest and went with the others to the tent.

“My style, my style ottoke!” Luna and Myungsoo shouted, dancing to the tent. Good mood today guys huh?

 

“My Style!” Victoria umma continued from behind me. I just sighed and lied down on the couch, bringing out my phone.

I looked for Key’s number and sent him a message.

 

To: Kim Kibum (Boo)

 

Hey! Can I talk to you later? SHINee dorm? It’s alright if you’re busy… I just want my best friend to talk to :) See you!

 

His reply came so fast.

 

To: Amber Liu

From: Kim Kibum (Boo)

 

Why baby? Is something bothering you?

BTW, have you seen our teaser pictures? Infinitely f(x) is going down baby. Mianhe =)))

P.S. See you tonight SHINee dorm.

 

My bestfriend is such a diva. Shameless advertising…. Tsk tsk.

 

To: Kim Kibum (Boo)

 

WHATEVER. Just… be there tonight okay? See you in a few.

P.S. We’re just filming our super awesome MV so don’t text me for awhile =)))

 

In your face Almighty Key.

 

“So… Amber…” Dongwoo said in a teasing tone from across the room. I sat up on the couch and looked at him.

“Waeyo?”

“You called Myungsoo last night didn’t you?” He asked. Myungsoo, who was drinking water, choked and stuttered, “Y-y-you did?”

I blushed but said “Huh? I never called anyone last night.”

“Ha! I heard you call someone last night and it was Myungsoo!” Luna exclaimed. Krystal turned her chair around to face me, giggling.

“But I never talked to Amber… I was asleep all night.” Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

 

“You’re covering fo-“ Sungjong was cut short by Dongwoo.

 

“Myungsoo never spoke to Amber last night because I was the one who answered his phone.” Dongwoo smiled.

 

“Damn. I should’ve put a password on my phone.” Myungsoo shook his head, smiling at Dongwoo. “You really called me?” He asked me.

 

I just threw him my phone and told him to just check my calls.

 

He smiled then started to look through my phone. I calmly waited for him to return my phone but he was staring at it, his eyebrows mashed together.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sungyeol asked. Dongwoo looked over and his eyes widened.

 

“Woah. It’s been so long.” He muttered. Myungsoo just cleared his throat and handed me back my phone. There was a new message, from Suzy of miss A.

 

“What’s been so long?” I asked as I read my message from Suzy.

 

From: Bae Suzy (miss A)

To: Amber Liu

 

Hey! Amber… I miss you. After the Inki performance let’s hang okay? Good luck by the way!

Hang soon ^^ Buh-bye :)

 

Key probably let her send this to me to annoy me.

It’s actually been so long since I’ve talked with Suzy actually.

 

“What’s been so long Dongwoo?” Victoria asked. They had crowded around us and was looking at Dongwoo who was still looking weirded out. Myungsoo, however, was calmly leaning back into his chair again. Dingwoo asked a silent question to Myungsoo and he just nodded in return. (I just know… I don’t know why.)

Dongwoo sighed, grabbed a seat, sat down and closed his eyes.

 

“Come on tell us oppa. We’re one family now!” Sulli said, using her subtle aegyo. Dangerous girl.

 

“I’ll just tell them.” Myungsoo said. “But promise to keep it a secret okay? It will be better for me and Suzy.”

 

“You and Suzy?” Sulli asked. I widened my eyes, unable to speak. I swear to God, D.O’s eyes couldn’t match mine when Myungsoo said “…for me and Suzy.”

 

Suzy and him?

 

What’s between them?

 

“What’s with you and Suzy?” Krystal repeated.

 

“Well… it was long ago. It’s so weird to think about it now. I… umm… I kinda liked her back then. I asked her to be my girlfriend last year…” Myungsoo paused. Sunggyu shook his head and Sungjong put a hand to his mouth.

 

“Hyung! You never told anyone but us… are you sure you really want it out now?” he asked.

“So you’re saying you don’t trust us Sungjong?” Krystal asked.

“It’s not like that… it’s just… let hyung explain.” He pouted.

“I trust you guys now, like Sulli said, we’re a family now. Anyway, we couldn’t make it work out so yeah… we broke it off. I guess, it hurt back then but I have lots of other things on my mind now.” He paused again and looked at me swiftly. I blushed and bowed down.

I’m still shocked about this Suzy thing though.

I feel like he’s not telling us the whole story.

 

“Oh… Woah. That’s weird.” Victoria said. Sungyeol just patted Myngsoo on the back but Myungso just shrugged it off, turning to look at me.

 

“Was that too shocking?” He laughed.

“Nope, not really.” I sarcastically said. “I never knew… oh well, at least you’re over it because you have others things on your mind. May I ask what those things are?”

He smiled then turned his chair around.

 

“You’ll know what, or rather, who occupies my mind soon Ms. Liu.” He said, fixing his hair again.

------------------------------------------

An update :)) I just had a bad week at school so writing the draft for this chapter while classes were going on made me smile :))

So anyway... what's up with you guys?! 

I already learned parts of the dance of "Electric Shock" and whenever i hear the words Electric or Shock... I immediately spazz ^^ ookkkaaayyy.

 

Tell me what you think about this chapter guys! 

Comment and Subscribe!