Lovers' Reunion

Ice Cream Summer

Kevin's POV

 

I scanned my old bedroom from my spot on the bed. It's been so long since I've visited home, but it's so costly to buy plane tickets. I love studying in Korea though, and I've made a lot of new friends. It was hard at first, living so far away from my family, but I've gotten used to it now, and I try to visit them as much as I can.

I remember the day, a little over a month before I graduated from Monte Vista High School, I got a letter in the mail telling me that I had been accepted into the University of Seoul. I applied there just to see what would happen, I didn't think that I would actually make it. But after finding out that I had been accepted there, I decided that it would be a good opportunity to see new places and meet new people. I had only been to Korea for some holidays, so I knew some Korean, enough to get by. After moving to Korea, however, my Korean has definitely improved. I've made a lot of new friends too, one who is also from the U.S., like me.

My thoughts then turned to breakfast. Or, more specifically, Jenny. When I first walked into the room and saw her, I thought, Man, she is really beautiful. She attracted me right away, the way her her silky hair fell down her back, the way her warm eyes crinkled when she smiled at me. I was surprised I had even been able to say anything to her. But when she spoke, her voice was almost... melodious, lyrical in a way. Our conversation wasn't too awkward, thankfully, but I think it may just be because she is so easy to talk to. Usually, when I talk to other girls that I find attractive, I choke up or say something stupid.

I wonder how long she'll be staying here, and why she is even staying here in the first place. I would ask my parents, but they'll probably just accuse me of liking Jenny. Which wouldn't be entirely untrue. And if I asked Deanna, well, she would be even worse than my parents. I guess I'll just have to go the normal route and just... ask her. I'll ask her when she gets back from wherever it is she works.

I wonder if any of my old friends are still around? I decide I'm going to explore my hometown and get up off my bed and trudge towards my door. Halfway there, I freeze for a few seconds, and then turn around and head back to my bed. I think I'm gonna take a nap first. I yawned, walking can wait, I need some beauty sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I walked down Main Street, the familiar stores and sites giving me a sense of nostalgia and bombarding me with old memories. There was the library, where my friends and I would play things like hide-and-seek tag and see how loud we could be without being shushed by the librarian. (Very Silent Library of us, I know.) There were the stores that sold designer clothing and accessories, where my friends and I would compete to see who could put together the most expensive outfit, complete with accessories and everything, while still making sure that it all coordinated with each other. (Maybe this is why I'm good with fashion.) I stopped in front of the ice cream shop, the place my friends and I used to hang out most often. I decided to go inside, it was starting to get really hot outside.

The bell on the door jingled as I pushed open the door.

"Oh, Kevin!" I looked up when I heard the familiar voice. Jenny?

"Oh hey Jenny! Do you work here?" I asked with a smile. Okay, I shouldn't be this happy to have found her. Whatever.

"Yeah, I do. Did you want some ice cream?"

"Sure!" I looked at the flavors through the glass case. Hm, should I get mint chocolate chip or strawberry shortcake?

"Jennyyyy do you know where I put my pants?" I heard a slightly familiar voice call out. I looked up to see a guy walk out from the back room... In only his monkey boxers. Why does Jenny have a pantsless man in her store?! Wait, he looks kind of familiar...

"Why do you even not have pants in the first place?" Jenny asked, although her tone showed that she wasn't too surprised. Does this happen often?

"I don't know, I went to take a nap and when I woke up, I lost my pants... Ripito flipito sipi slow motion," He explained, adding on the last part gleefully.

"Oh my god... Xander I think you watch too much Simon and Martina," Jenny groaned.

"But I've NEVER had the chance to use that before, this is the first time I've ever lost my pants!" He exclaimed.

"Wait, Xander? From high school?" I asked tentatively.

For the first time since he came out of the back room, he looked at me and his eyes widened.

"Kevin!" He hopped, a bit awkwardly, over the glass case for ice cream and  hugged me. I hugged him back, as Jenny grumbled in the background about how she's going to have to clean the glass and how it would have been just as easy to walk around. Xander and I let go of our hug and started catching up with each other.

"Aherm. Well, if you boys are done with your little reunion of lovers, then Xander could you please go find your pants, you can't be walking around the shop like that." She shooed him towards the back room.

"Good bye Kevin! I'll never forget you!" Xander yelled out dramatically as he was pushed through the doorway. Jenny rolled her eyes at his antics.

"I don't know why I put up with that boy. So, Kevin, did you want some ice cream?"

"Oh yeah!" In the midst of all the excitement, I had completely forgotten about the reason I had even come here. "Um, I'll have a mint chocolate chip please."

She scooped the ice cream into a cone and handed it to me, and then scooped some more into a different cone.

"Since the store is empty, might as well take a break." She went over to sit down at one of the booths and I sat across from her. "So, were you and Xander friends or something?"

"Yeah, we used to be best friends in high school, but when I moved to Korea, we started to talk less and less."

"Hmm, you have good taste in friends, since Xander and I are pretty much best friends too."

Just then, Xander walks out, this time wearing pants.

"You guys, guess what! I found them outside!" He exclaimed happily.

He then continued to explain to us how he had hung them outside to dry because he had spilled water on them and then had forgotten about them when he went to take a nap. As he gave us the explanation, he scooped some ice cream for himself and then went to sit next to me.

"So, whatcha guys talkin about?"

"We're just talking about how Kevin has such awful taste in friends," Jenny replied nonchalantly.

"Oh. yeah I gues- Wait, I'm his friend..." Xander just looked so lost that Jenny and I had to laugh. "Wait, you're my friend too, Jenny! So ha! You have bad taste too." Xander lifted his chin triumphantly.

We spent the rest of the day talking and goofing around, with Jenny and Xander taking turns to go up and serve customers when they came.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N

Sorry it's been so long ToT And I would have written more, but I'm kinda mentally exhausted right now :/ On the bright side, I was eating ice cream while writing this! Yum :d Sadly, I didn't find a picture of Xander in his boxers, but I got a cute pic of alvin doing a heart ^_^ But speaking of Xander in his boxers, AFF why are you telling me not to post pics -_- what if i wanted to spread pictures of my oppars (/^_^)/