Anger & Tricks

Mine Mine

 

/////
 
Donghae woke up to find food set out for him on the table, but the house was as still and empty as ever. He searched around for Victoria and Chin Hae, but didn’t find them anywhere. In the end, he resorted to a lone breakfast. 
 
After washing the dishes he searched the house again for the two. No one replied to his calls. That was when he went to glance out the front window to see Victoria walking back to the house with a bag in hand and Cho Kyuhyun walking beside her with Chin Hae in his arms. 
 
He snorted at the sight and opened the door to step out waiting for them to take notice of him. 
 
“Oh…so that’s how it is. You like it there?” Kyuhyun wondered. 
 
“Yea, right!” Victoria stopped in front of the stairs to Donghae’s house. “I dread every day. The only thing that helps me bear through each day is Chin Hae.” 
 
Donghae recognized the bitter feeling of resentment streaming through him at Victoria’s words. He glared at her when Kyuhyun walked away. 
 
“So you dread being here, don’t you?” Donghae repeated after her when she entered the home. 
 
Victoria glanced at him from the corner of her eye and leaned toward Chin Hae, “Can you go put this in the kitchen please, Chin Hae?” 
 
Chin Hae nodded taking the bag from her and ran off. He watched as Victoria’s eyes followed his nephew before she turned to him.
 
“What’s your problem?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Where did you go?” 
 
“Why? You interested on keeping a tab on me at all times?” 
 
“You should have at least left Chin Hae.” 
 
“What can I do if he favors Aunty over Uncle?” Victoria questioned. “I can’t help you with that.” 
 
Victoria started to walk away but Donghae grabbed her arm turning her around. 
 
Her eyes landed on his hand before she stared back up at him, “Yah!” 
 
“Chin Hae, go get dressed. We’re going out.” Donghae told the little boy as he trotted back toward them.   
 
Donghae walked away from them and up the stairs. 
 
/////
 
Victoria stared after him unbelievably. 
 
“Aunty?” Chin Hae tugged her fingers. 
 
Victoria frowned angrily at Donghae before turning to Chin Hae with a soft smile. She bent down and picked him up. 
 
“Lets go get dressed, ok?” she rubbed his cheek. 
 
It was unexpectedly very hot outside, the puddles on the ground were almost all gone. The sun was strikingly huge emitting a large heat wave over the city. Surprisingly, even the clouds had decided to go uncalled for. It was as if the sun was telling them there hadn’t been a storm at all.  
 
“Aunty, what’s that?” Chin Hae pulled Victoria to a stop along the sidewalk and pointed over to a fish cake stand. 
 
Victoria glanced at the food stand a few yards away. 
 
“Do you want to eat that? It’s very yummy,” Victoria said. 
 
“Mm!” the little boy shook his head. 
 
Victoria glanced over at Donghae who was busily glancing into a window display. 
 
“I’m going to go buy some fish cakes,” she told him before walking away with Chin Hae hand in hand. 
 
She waited for a few people to walk pass before heading toward the food stand. 
 
“How much?” she asked the owner. 
 
After buying one she handed a skewer to Chin Hae and grabbed one for herself indulging herself into the delicious flavor. 
 
“What about mine?” Donghae suddenly appeared beside her. 
 
Victoria ignored him and took a bite out of hers exclaiming, “Ah! So good!” 
 
Donghae’s glare at her turned into a scowl before he reached into his pocket and threw a few dollars onto the table before picking one up himself. Victoria ignored him and glanced at the stores across the street busying herself with the sight ahead. In the window display was a very pretty yellow dress which caught her attention right away.  
 
“Are you dating that guy?” Donghae quietly started. 
 
Victoria felt her mind go blank and she turned to Donghae with a frown. Why was he suddenly trying to pry into her business all of a sudden? 
 
“So what if I am?” Victoria turned away. 
 
“Are you really? Yah! He’s already dated all the cheerleaders at my high school, you think you can match up to them?” Donghae asked determined on lecturing her. 
 
Victoria turned to him with a deeper frown, “High school was ages ago. How old are you again?” 
 
Donghae bit his lower lip, “Cho Kyuhyun is a douche bag!”
 
“Does that make you any different from him?” Victoria coolly refuted. 
 
Donghae stared at her, his mouth an inch open. He hadn’t expected that. 
 
“I’m a hell lot better than him!” 
 
“Yea?” Victoria shrugged. “I don’t care about that. Even a cat in an alley is whole level better. What’s the difference between a parakeet and a love bird? Nothing, cause they’re both birds. Like you and Cho Kyuhyun, both are guys. Nothing different, right?” 
 
“What a stupid comparison!” 
 
Victoria snorted at him, “What the hell do you know anyway? Aish…anyway, what matters is that Cho Kyuhyun compared to you is a man, not a boy.” 
 
Donghae suddenly grabbed her wrist making her drop her half eaten fish cake onto the ground. 
 
“Yah!” Victoria bellowed loudly before glancing down. 
 
Her eyes swiveled back and forth suddenly forgetting about the fight. A large wave of panic swam over her. 
 
“Where’s Chin Hae!?” Victoria screamed. 
 
“What?” Donghae leaned back to glance around and noticed that his nephew was really gone. “Nice going, dimwit! If something happens to my nephew it’s your fault!” 
 
“Is it really the time to be pointing fingers?! Loser, look for him first,” Victoria scolded before stepping away. “Chin Hae! Chin Hae!” 
 
Victoria ran down the sidewalk and paused when she spotted a little block of hair across the busy street.
 
“Chin Hae!” Victoria shouted as loud as she could, but the little boy did not hear her due to the noise of cars speeding across the street.
 
Victoria took a step into the street but stepped back when a car sped pass. She wouldn’t be able to get to him in time. What if he suddenly walked off before she could reach him? The thought sent screams throughout her entire body.  
 
“Watch it! Are you trying to kill yourself!?” Donghae grasped her arm pulling her further back onto the sidewalk. 
 
“Sheesh!” Victoria tugged her arm out of his grasp and intensely stared at the stop lights. 
 
Once the lights turned red and the oncoming cars ceased she made her way through them to the other side. 
 
“Chin Hae!” Victoria screamed darting toward him. 
 
The little boy turned around and Victoria grabbed him into her arms. 
 
“Don’t run off like that!” Victoria scolded. “How’d you get across the street?” 
 
“Aunty, baby,” Chin Hae pointed to something inside the window display. 
 
Victoria followed his hand and saw a picture frame consisting of a family. A mother, a father, and their baby seated between them. Her heart melted for the little boy with overwhelming sympathy. 
 
She hugged Chin Hae again, “Sorry, Chin Hae.” 
 
Chin Hae turned to stare at her. 
 
“Come on,” Victoria picked him up into her arms. “Lets go play, ok?” 
 
/////
 
Donghae watched from the bench as Victoria carried Chin Hae onto the playground. While Victoria introduced Chin Hae to the various equipment towering over him, Donghae found himself thinking about how safe Chin Hae felt in Victoria’s arms. Those warm arms, soft skin… 
 
“Aish! What the hell am I thinking?” he mumbled to himself. “I’d rather on other girls.” 
 
He pulled out his phone and concentrated on the games he’d downloaded onto it a few days ago.  
 
An hour later he heard, “Uncle!” 
 
He looked up to see Victoria carrying Chin Hae as they walked toward him. Turning his phone off he stood to his feet. 
 
“I’m going to take Chin Hae out to eat. If you’re bored you can go back,” Victoria said. 
 
Go out? Just Victoria and Chin Hae? To where? Why? Why was she telling him to leave? All of a sudden a bazillion questions infiltrated his brain. 
 
“Where to?” Donghae asked. 
 
Victoria stared at him, her eyes completely telling him she didn’t want him there. Well, if that was the case, Donghae would stick with them as long as they were out. Besides, he was getting tired of always eating at home. 
 
Before he knew it, his eyes landed upon Chin Hae in Victoria’s arms. An arousal of envy and maybe just a tad bit of jealously fluctuated through his entire body giving him tingles. He couldn’t stand the sight. 
 
Reaching his hands out he grabbed Chin Hae pulling him out of Victoria’s arms. 
 
“Hey!” Victoria yelled. 
 
“It looks like you’re going to drop him,” Donghae added before walking off. 
 
“You’re the one who’s going to drop him!” Victoria screamed after him. 
 
A smirk climbed onto Donghae’s face when he heard Victoria’s loud footsteps coming after him. 
 
Half an hour later he found himself sitting across Victoria and Chin Hae who were enjoying their tacos. His eyes drew themselves over Victoria’s perfected face wondering if anybody had ever kissed her yet. 
 
“Would you like some more water?” the waitress’ voice snapped Donghae out of his wandering thoughts. 
 
“Yes, please,” Victoria smiled. 
 
After the waitress refilled their cups she commented, “I hope you don’t mind, but I just wanted to say your family’s so cute.”
 
A smile flickered on Donghae’s lips and his eyes darted to see a surprised Victoria staring at the waitress. She was probably debating about whether she should tell the waitress they weren’t a family and that she had no relation whatsoever to him, or was perhaps wondering if she should say anything at all. 
 
“Thank you, I think so too.” Donghae smiled at the waitress. 
 
The waitress nodded at them with a, “Have a good day now,” before walking off. 
 
Donghae turned back to Victoria who obviously looked stoned. 
 
“Why’d you say that!?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Why?” Donghae repeated. “Should I have embarrassed her? It’s not my fault, Chin Hae has inherited the good genes in my family. It makes him look almost like me. It isn’t the waitress’ fault for mistaking him for my son, and you, my wife.” 
 
“Yah!” Victoria screamed. 
 
Donghae glanced around to see a few heads turn toward them, “Do you want to embarrass us here, honey?” 
 
He enjoyed the sight of her eyes widening in shock at his statement. Donghae was sure she’d come after him when they returned to his house. All he would have to do was look out for her. 
 
When they got back, Donghae finally let Chin Hae down when they reached his room. Donghae watched as Chin Hae walked toward his bed. 
 
“Chin Hae,” Donghae called. “Do you like your Aunty very much?” 
 
Chin Hae nodded almost shyly as he played with his fingers. 
 
Donghae walked toward him and crouched so that he was at his nephew’s level. 
 
With both arms on Chin Hae’s tiny shoulders Donghae proceeded, “What if she was really your Aunty?” 
 
The little boy lifted his head up. 
 
“Like what if Aunty and I got married?” 
 
“Mawwied?” 
 
“Yes, like your mommy and daddy.” Donghae nodded. 
 
“But Uncle mean.” 
 
“What if I’m nice?” Donghae tilted his head. 
 
Chin Hae nodded enthusiastically. 
 
“Yes?” Donghae asked then laughed. “I knew it.”
 
“What are you doing?” Victoria appeared from behind. 
 
He turned to see her standing by the doorway frowning suspiciously at him. 
 
“Are you really curious, honey?” 
 
Her frown turned dark with resentment. She stepped into the room ignoring him and grabbed a bucket of Chin Hae’s clothes. 
 
“You want to wash my clothes as well?”
 
“You got your own hands and feet, jerk.” she scolded before walking past. 
 
“What are you doing calling me names in front of a kid?” 
 
Donghae watched as her eyes darted over to Chin Hae who stared back without expression. 
 
“Chin Hae, don’t listen to your uncle. Do you want to take a nap?” Victoria asked. 
 
Chin Hae shook his head and Donghae smiled triumphantly. 
 
“Now if you don’t mind, Chin Hae and I want to spend some time together.” Donghae told. 
 
Victoria scowled at him before leaving the room. 
 
/////
 
The next morning Victoria found Donghae more peculiar than usual. After gathering the dishes into the sink Victoria grabbed the sponge squeezing a bit of soap onto it until it became foamy and started to scrub the dirty plates. She paused a bit when Donghae appeared by her side. Before she could turn to look at him he reached a hand out to take the sponge from her and as he did so he slightly brushed his hand against hers. Her eyes narrowed and stole a glance at him. 
 
“What are you doing?” she interrogated. 
 
“Can’t you see? I’m washing the dishes.” 
 
“You washing the dishes?” Victoria snorted. “That’s funny. Since when have you helped with anything?” 
 
“I got hands and feet, don’t I?” Donghae asked pushing the faucet toward her side of the sink and the water. “Rinse the dishes, will you?” 
 
Was he up to something? She couldn’t tell. If he was really being nice, Victoria was feeling creeped out. Since when had Lee Donghae ever been nice? 
 
After she finished with the dishes the front doorbell rang. She glanced at Donghae to find him cleaning out the sink then decided she’d answer it herself.  
 
Moments later she found herself staring back at the smiling Kyuhyun. Why did that smile of his seem so reckless? Did he not realize he was stepping upon someone else’s territory, not her’s? 
 
“Big Man!” Chin Hae appeared beside her. 
 
“Hey,” Kyuhyun greeted. 
 
“O…oh…hey…” Victoria replied puzzled by his appearance. 
 
Just what was he thinking? 
 
“I didn’t know how to contact you,” he still smiled, “sorry for suddenly appearing.” 
 
“It’s quite alright,” she supposed that was the only thing to say so as not to sound rude. “But…what are you doing here?” 
 
“My sister just opened a shop downtown and I was just wondering if you’d like to go with me.” 
 
Victoria glanced down at Chin Hae whose hand was gripping onto the loose ends of her pants. 
 
“I have babysit…” 
 
“We could bring Chin Hae along, I’m pretty sure he’d like to have some of my sister’s muffins.” 
 
“Not going.” a voice intruded. 
 
Victoria turned to see Donghae glaring at them a few feet back.
 
Now what was his problem? Victoria’s mind turned neutral blank. 
 
“I said don’t go.” Donghae repeated himself. 
 
Victoria glanced down at Chin Hae whose hand suddenly tightened around her pants. 
 
“I’m sure it won’t take long,” Victoria tried trying not to make Kyuhyun feel bad, though really, he was the one who started building the tension. 
 
“Aunty…” Chin Hae called. 
 
“Would you like to go with me?” Victoria questioned. 
 
Chin Hae stared up at her while Donghae said with a hint of desperation in his voice, “I said don’t go.” 
 
Victoria turned to look at him surprisingly confused. 
 
“I’ll be quick, it won’t take long,” she half snapped. “Chin Hae, do you want to come?”
 
Chin Hae seemed to be fighting within himself but finally said, “I say with Uncle.” 
 
His answer shocked Victoria. Chin Hae had always gone with her. Donghae’s nephew finally let go of her and walked toward Donghae who picked him up. Victoria stared at them suddenly feeling guilty for an unknown reason. 
 
“I’ll be back real quick.” she turned back to look at the two. 
 
“You don’t have to go,” Kyuhyun muttered feeling as if he was at fault for something that couldn’t really be laid out. 
 
“No, it’s fine.” Victoria shook her head and stepped out closing the door behind her. 
 
/////
 
Donghae continued glaring at the door even after Victoria and Kyuhyun had gone. He was suddenly feeling very angry with her. Even after he’d asked, she’d gone. Did she really like that tall jerk so much? He couldn’t believe Victoria would choose that jerk whose name he didn’t even want to think of than him. Did she despise staying under one roof with him that much? Was he really that bad that she couldn’t stand it? 
 
The burning fury within him didn’t reside for a second. 
 
A hand brushed pass his face breaking him out of his angry trance. 
 
“Uncle sad?” Chin Hae asked. 
 
Donghae glanced into his nephew’s large eyes and couldn’t help but smile. Why was that little lad understanding him better than an adult? 
 
“No. I’m not sad.” 
 
/////
 
Victoria left shortly after she arrived at Kyuhyun’s sister’s newly opened shop. She still couldn’t believe Chin Hae had rejected her offer to stay with Donghae. Now it was really getting to her that she’d done something really wrong. She couldn’t quite understand her wrong though. What exactly had she done that made her feel so guilty? 
 
She hurried back to the house to find Donghae playing with Chin Hae tossing toys all over the living room. Victoria stared at them from the front door confused with the picture. Nothing seemed wrong at all. 
 
“You’re back?” Donghae questioned without turning to look at her. 
 
Why did it feel so seriously wrong that he wasn’t looking at her while speaking to her? Just what was the problem!? 
 
“My turn to go out.” Donghae said. “Chin Hae, you be a good boy.” 
 
Chin Hae nodded quietly as Donghae got up and brushed pass Victoria. A small frown crossed her face and she quickly spun around to look after him. 
 
“Wait, where are you going?” Victoria called out but he didn’t reply and instead the front door closed in her face. “What the heck?” 
 
What was wrong with Donghae? 
 
Victoria turned around and sat cross legged on the ground in front of Chin Hae. 
 
“Chin Hae, are you hungry? Should I make something for you to eat?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Uncle fed me.” 
 
She stared at him dumbfounded, “What? Donghae fed you?”
 
“Uncle fed me,” Chin Hae nodded. 
 
“That person can cook?” Victoria found herself asking aloud. 
 
“Uncle made yummy curry.” 
 
“I thought you said his food tastes bad.” 
 
“Uncle made cookies that day, taste bad.” Chin Hae shook his head and stuck his tongue out.
 
“What?” Victoria questioned feeling as if she’d been played with. “So that jerk really can do things.” 
 
She snorted and turned to the side. 
 
“Then what the heck am I doing here?” 
 
After she fed Chin Hae dinner, she watched some TV, took a shower, and paced around the house watching the sun go down and the moon come up. Yet, Chin Hae’s uncle still hadn’t returned. 
 
“What the heck!?” she stopped in the middle of the living room and screamed up at the ceiling. “Is he not coming home at all? So he wants to make me feel insanely bad for something I don’t even understand just to go out and stay out all night? What, is he with a girlfriend or something? Shouldn’t he have left a note to say he’s staying out all night?” 
 
Victoria paused weaving a hand through her long hair. 
 
“And why the hell am I making a fuss over something so stupid?” she asked. “Forget, I’m going to sleep.” 
 
/////
 
It was somewhat 2 in the morning when Donghae tripped at the front door. He hadn’t planned on having so much to drink, but stupid Sungmin just had to go buying him shot after shot. Now he was feeling too whoozy to keep his mind straight. Shutting the door shut behind him he half slid into the room and stared up at the long stairs circling into the air ahead of him. His head rolled back and forth still feeling pissed with how Victoria had so outrageously ignored him and left with Kyuhyun. 
 
Hissing under his breath he clutched onto the rail and pulled himself up step after step. When he made it to the top he found his chest heaving up and down heavily as if he’d just made a really long mile run. Stumbling forward he cursed Victoria and paused by his bedroom door. Still breathing hard he twisted the knob open and stepped in shutting it behind him. 
 
In front of him the moon waned through the window casting the shadow of the window against the white blanket on the bed. As Donghae’s eyes traveled over the shadow, he discovered a bump on the bed and frowned. Inching his foot forward he made it toward the bed before he fell against it. His head was throbbing too hard for him to see anything clearly, but he thought he saw something lovely lying there. 
 
“Ugh…” he moaned reaching a hand up to his head closing and opening his eyes. 
 
Once more, his eyes landed on the abnormal bump traveling up to find long hair sprawled out behind a head. Pressing his hands against the bed he pushed himself up and stared down at Victoria. 
 
Donghae blinked for a long time at the figure before him, “Wh…what is Victoria doing in my room?” 
 
He stumbled forward and scowled at the oncoming headache. It really felt like someone was hammering a nail into the side of his head. Groaning he fell onto the bed, first turning onto his back then knocked out for a few minutes before feeling cold and digging himself into the blanket. Heaving a sigh with eyes closed he to his side to find his face embedded into soft hair carrying the scent of something fruity. 
 
He inhaled deeply and smiled, “Smells good…” 
 
Donghae spread his arms out and curled them around something soft. 
 
/////
 
Something dug itself underneath her waist, a snake crawling by. Something tightening its hold around her, the snake trying to kill her. Everything became foggy, cloudy and she couldn’t tell what her dream was transitioning into anymore. Dreamily, she opened her eyes to the bright shine of the moon and slowly blinked herself awake. Placing a hand down she felt something hard tied around her. A knot? Her fingers traveled some more onto soft skin. What? She frowned. Suddenly, she realized she was touching someone’s knuckles. 
 
“What the…” she muttered and slightly turned her head to glance back. 
 
The pain from twisting her neck limited her from really seeing who was there, but she thought she recognized angle of the head leaning against her neck. Surprise triggered her mental alarm system to go off and she kicked her feet underneath the blanket to no avail. 
 
“Let go! Let go!” she squealed trying to pry his hands off, but he only tightened them some more. “Yah! I’m going to kill you! I seriously will!” 
 
When she finally tired of her one-sided fight she dropped her hands from his. What the hell had just happened? Donghae had just practically snuggled against her even more. Her body was burning, she was going to kill him when the sun rose. And if he didn’t want to die in her hands, he better pray that the sun wouldn’t come up. 
 
“Ah!” she shouted when he pulled her toward him some more, if that was even possible at this point. 
 
She felt her back press back into Donghae’s chest and squeezed her legs together. 
 
“What the are you doing?” she hissed. 
 
He mumbled something into her ear before falling back into a hazy sleep. She hated it. Victoria absolutely hated it. Even her heart was starting to beat harder than usual. 
 
/////
 
Donghae’s eyes finally opened to meet with something soft and dark. Blinking his eyes a few times he moved his head back unconsciously unclasping his hands before quickly clasping them together again when he realized where he was. With heart beating inside his chest insanely he gazed around the room to see that he was nowhere else but in the guest room. In other words, Victoria’s room. 
 
 
There was no other word to describe the situation. He was going to be dead in a mere hour if Victoria didn’t wake up. 
 
But…
 
It felt nice. Instead of imaging those arms holding him close, it warmed his heart up more with her so close. And it was in his embrace too. For a few minutes he allowed himself to lean against her back, sniffing her hair, and feeling her soft body against his. It stirred him. 
 
Then he felt Victoria trying to pry his hands off from around her. He quickly tightened his grip around her again refusing to let go and felt her twist her head around to glare at him. Donghae shut his eyes in time, luckily. 
 
“I’m going to kill you. Oh, you just wait,” she hissed. 
 
Did he want to meet with her wrath? 
 
Donghae let himself fall into a quick debate before unclasping his hands. Immediately, Victoria tossed his arms away and sat up, spinning around to face him. 
 
“Yah!” she shrieked. 
 
He instantly shot up pinning Victoria down underneath him. Her wrists locked down by his hands. Victoria’s enlarged eyes stared up at him and he smirked receiving a glare in reply. 
 
“Get off,” she demanded. 
 
Donghae lowered his head allowing himself to stare deeply into hers. 
 
“No.” 
 
“You!” she pushed up toward him, but he restrained her with more force. 
 
“Yah, I’m stronger than you think I am.” he belittled. 
 
Victoria thrashed her legs from beside him. 
 
“Ah!” he shouted before placing his leg between hers dangerously shifting his knee up. 
 
Victoria let out a small gasp surprised. 
 
“What do you want!?” 
 
“Mmm…” he purposely droned on. 
 
Victoria continued glaring, “What’re you doing in my room? ert!” 
 
“Oh?” Donghae went on. “Correction, my room, my house.” 
 
The spark in Victoria’s eyes meant she totally hated him. Donghae didn’t really mind for some reason. 
 
He dropped his body down so that her heaving chest bounced off his. 
 
“I’ll let you go, under one condition that is.” he continued to tease. 
 
She angrily frowned, the wrinkles on her forehead remarkably visible. 
 
“You admit Cho Kyuhyun is a bastard,” Donghae said, “or you say he’s got nothing on me.” 
 
Victoria snorted. 
 
“That’s practically the same thing, dumb .” she retorted. 
 
“Then…how about a kiss?” 
 
Victoria’s stare hardened into a dangerous one. 
 
“Get off.” she stated solidly. 
 
She squirmed underneath him once more. 
 
“Yah, I’m warning you. You’re really not getting off?” she questioned. 
 
“Try me.” he challenged. 
 
“Alright,” Victoria nodded. “1, 2, 3.” 
 
He wondered what she had up her sleeve and his question was answered when she knocked her forehead into his as hard as she possibly could. A loud scream of pain fell out from his lips. Victoria tossed him off running out of the room.  

***Sorry for the wait, dear readers. I just want to inform you that I've turned this into a short story. :)