Childish Arguments, Envy, and Jealousy?

Mine Mine

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!” Victoria shook her head and screamed at her mother. 
 
Standing in the middle of the bare dining room on an oval carpet Victoria profusely shook her head refusing to listen to her mother’s words. 
 
“We’ll only be gone a month. Grandma Lee has been very kind to us, the least we could do is go see her and take care of her,” her mother’s soft words rose into the air. 
 
“No, no, no!” Victoria refused. “Never! His parents are going so why the heck are you even bothering to go over there! A plane ticket costs thousands! If you want to go so bad, take me with you to see this Grandma Lee.” 
 
“Victoria,” her mother cocked her head and sighed, “Donghae can’t take care of his nephew alone. You know boys, they’re careless.” 
 
“Me too!” Victoria continued shaking her head pointing to herself. “No, just no. I can’t do this.” 
 
“You will go there and help take care of Chin Hae until your father and I return,” a voice of authority had taken over her voice now. 
 
And that was how Victoria found herself staring up at the 2 story baby blue home with white rimmed windows staring at her. The wooden door in front of her opened and out came the boy who pulled her hair, splashed paint onto her favorite white dress, and tripped her while she was running the middle in high school. Oh, he’d done so much more, but if Victoria allowed her memory to get the best of her she’d be strangling him right how. She couldn’t let little Chin Hae see the sight of his uncle dying before him. 
 
No, she’d do it when the little kid wasn’t around. Then Victoria would just tell the little boy his uncle was just sleeping before she’d send him to the funeral home. 
 
“What are you staring at, you cougar,” Lee Donghae mocked, “Chin Hae is hungry. Come cook for him.” 
 
Lee Donghae cocked a sarcastic smile before turning to head in closing the door behind him. 
 
Oh, that bastard. She’d make sure he paid for messing with her even since the age of 8. 
 
Victoria clutched onto the handle of her suitcase and lugged it up the five steps before throwing the front door open. She dragged her suitcase into the neat home and glanced around. Her eyes landed on the 45” TV, the two couches surrounding it and the glass shelves filled with a collection of car models. Through an arching ceiling, was the dining room with only a dining table in the center of the room. And that was exactly where that bastard sat flipping through the newspaper hoping to imitate a rich father looking through the news on an early morning. 
 
Day 1 would be pure torture if he decided to hang around the house. She knew she would have an eye on the back of her neck every second. And perhaps she’d even have to take precautions in case he’d set out y traps for her. 
 
“Aunty!” an adorable little boy with big eyes, and overgrowing black hair of 5 years old ran toward her. 
 
“There you are. You cutie, you’re so big now!” Victoria knelt down and spread her arms to the running boy. 
 
He collided into her happily and hugged her, his arms unable to circle her whole back. 
 
“Aunty, I’m hungry. Uncle doesn’t make good food. It tastes bad like poop.” the little boy twirled his fingers, his large brown eyes peering into hers before looking down at his fingernails. 
 
“Ok,” Victoria smiled, “since your uncle is incapable of anything, I’ll make something yummy. You be a good boy and go play now.” 
 
Chin Hae ran off and Victoria got to her feet glaring over at the incapable Donghae. 
 
“Of course, what would that idiot know?” Victoria muttered before bringing her suitcase up the stairs. 
 
She opened the door to the only guest room in the house and set her suitcase onto the ground. Baring her teeth she turned to look at the door. 
 
“Why does the freaking guest room have to be next to that ’s!?” Victoria hissed underneath her breath. “Forget it, Chin Hae comes first.” 
 
She nodded to herself and started down the stairs pausing at the bottom when she saw that Donghae hadn’t budged an inch from his spot. 
 
“You’re really determined, aren’t you?” Victoria chewed endlessly on her bottom lip while glaring at him. 
 
After heaving a deep breath she took a step forward and walked pass him into the kitchen. 
 
“Make me something too. You at least know how to cook an omelet, right?” Donghae called as she walked by. 
 
Victoria dug into the neat two door fridge and searched all around the cupboards and drawers before she found all the supplies she needed. Within moments she set herself to work and the smell of fresh cooked eggs wafted through the air. 
 
Soft footsteps echoed through the walls and Victoria turned to see little Chin Hae running toward her in his blue overalls.
 
“Aunty, are you making good food?” he asked looking up at all. 
 
“You want some?” Victoria asked. “First, you say please give me food, Aunty.” 
 
“First, please give me food, Aunty.” he repeated. 
 
Victoria chuckled at him and ripped a piece of the omelet handing it to him. She watched as he chewed away at it. 
 
“Yummy?” she asked. 
 
“I lawve it!” he beamed a smile up at her. 
 
He was so adorable Victoria that for a moment her stay wouldn’t be too bad. But that would only depend on that jerk in the next room. 
 
After turning off the stove, she helped Chin Hae onto his chair and joined him at the table. 
 
“Aunty, when I grow big, I’m going to eat a lot, a lot. More than you,” he emphasized his words by spreading out his arms. 
 
Victoria laughed kindly at him and reached a hand out to ruffle his hair. 
 
“Yes, you will surely eat a lot. Eat to grow big first.” 
 
Chin Hae nodded and delved into his food messily. Victoria finally grabbed her spoon and scooped up a mass of rice onto it about to stuff it into , but felt Donghae grab her wrist. She glanced up at him with a heated glare. 
 
“Where’s mine?” he asked. 
 
“I don’t know how to make an omelet, so I couldn’t cook you anything,” Victoria muttered. 
 
Donghae frowned down at her with a glare before he tilted her hand dropping the rice on her spoon. 
 
Victoria’s eyes widened at the spill on the ground, “Yah!!” 
 
“This is my house. No screaming allowed,” Donghae refuted. 
 
Victoria madly exhaled and inhaled before biting her lower lip reminding herself that Chin Hae was right beside her. 
 
“You’re omelet is on the stove where I left it,” Victoria tugged her hand out of his grasp. 
 
“Uncle, you bad man. Don’t hurt Aunty.” Chin Hae scolded after Donghae. 
 
“Shame on you,” Victoria called after him, “even a kid knows better.” 
 
Victoria reached over to rub Chin Hae’s head. 
 
“It’s ok, just eat. Your Uncle isn’t even worth being a bad man,” Victoria smiled. 
 
“Ah…ahhh!” Donghae’s loud scream reverberated through the air. 
 
A smirk flew onto Victoria’s face. 
 
“I forgot, I was experimenting with some pepper, and I guess I tossed out the omelet that was yours. Sorry,” Victoria smiled. 
 
Donghae spat out the contents in his mouth and the faucet. 
 
“You did that on purpose!” he turned off the faucet and swiveled around to see that Victoria was busy tending to Chin Hae. 
 
She turned to him purposely chiding, “Sorry, I was talking to Chin Hae. Did you say something?” 
 
Perplexed, Donghae bit his bottom lip and hissed at her before walking out. 
 
“Why is Uncle angry?” Chin Hae asked dangling his legs from his high chair. 
 
“He’s still a little kid,” Victoria nodded. “Are you done eating?” 
 
Chin Hae nodded and Victoria took him out of the high chair. 
 
“You’re a big boy!” Victoria playfully slapped his . “Go and play with your toys. I’ll come find you in a bit.” 
 
Victoria turned around to stash the dishes into the sink and reached for the frying pan on the stove. She glanced at the stuffed omelet on it and grabbed a spoon. Poking at it she took a bite and chewed. 
 
“Hmm…I guess I made it more spicy than it was supposed to be,” Victoria commented, “oh well.” 
 
Victoria found Chin Hae in the living room playing with his robot toys and the TV to browse through the channels. 
 
“Ah…so boring,” she muttered. 
 
She yawned and glanced at the time. 
 
“Chin Hae, do you want to take a bath?” 
 
He got up and reached for her hand. Victoria led him up the stairs into the bathroom and filled the tub with warm water. After washing him clean, she set him to bed for a short nap and decided on a shower herself. 
 
She ran her hand through her long hair and after washing herself stepped out. Wrapping a towel around her she opened the door and started down the hall. At first, everything seemed so quiet Victoria felt the chills. She glanced around her and took another step forward jumping when she heard Donghae’s voice. 
 
“Oh, geezes !” Victoria swore turning around to glare at Donghae, but instead found him staring at her wide-eyed. 
 
Victoria reached a hand down to clutch her towel only to discover her hand touching her own skin. She let out a scream and grabbed the towel off the floor before darting toward her room. Slamming the door behind her she dropped onto her knees wrapping the towel around her. 
 
“Oh my god…oh my god…” she muttered. 
 
It took several minutes for her to gather herself and a few deep breaths to convince herself that all she needed to do was act cool. She dressed and reached for the doorknob.
 
“Oooh…I’m not ready to go down yet.” she tossed her fist into her other hand and paced about. “I bet that jerk is ready to snicker about me to his friends. Oh my god, Victoria!” 
 
She clasped her head within her hands and shook it. Finally, after 5 minutes she walked down the stairs. She would need to start on dinner if she wanted to have something ready for Chin Hae by the time he woke up. Again, she found Donghae sitting at the table glancing at the newspaper. 
 
“I thought you were just fat, but you have quite the voluptuous figure,” Donghae commented when she started by. 
 
He was real good at striking her nerves. Victoria shut her eyes for a mere second before reopening them and glanced at him, but found something peculiar. She snorted and reached for the newspaper taking it out of his hands. 
 
“Looks like someone needs to go back to grade school,” Victoria stated flipping the paper over so it wouldn’t be upside down. 
 
She smirked at him before walking away. 
 
The first night in his house passed by quickly. 
 
Victoria’s peaceful dream was pierced by a bright light and she jumped in her bed. Her eyes opened and she rose her head up to look around. She had to look back and forth a few times before realizing that she wasn’t in her own home. She moaned and heard someone by the door. Alarmed, she turned to see Donghae standing by door. 
 
“Rise and shine.” Donghae greeted. 
 
Victoria frowned him and glanced at the time. It was barely even 7:00. 
 
“What the hell are you doing in here?” she asked angrily before mumbling, “I swore I locked that door.” 
 
Donghae spun the ring of a key around his finger and whistled. 
 
“Of course, I, the owner of the house, would have the master key. There’s a mess in the kitchen. You’re going to have to take care of it before Chin Hae wakes up asking for breakfast.” 
 
Victoria continued frowning even after he left and quickly bounded down the stairs. She paused at the door of the kitchen with her jaw hanging. Strewn over the floor were spilled cereal and milk, pieces of cilantro, carrot, and a streak of jello. 
 
“What the did you do?!” Victoria screamed. 
 
She was exasperated at the sight. Even Donghae would go as far as to screw up his own home just to strike one of her nerves. 
 
“Seriously,” she mumbled grabbing the broom and sweeping everything up before using a towel to rub away its smears on the tiled floor. 
 
With her hard work, she had breakfast ready just as Chin Hae woke up. 
 
/////
 
Donghae stepped into the living room to find Victoria watching TV and Chin Hae playing with his toys on the ground. What was it about Victoria that Chin Hae liked so much? 
 
He walked in and took a seat on the couch adjacent to Victoria. Grabbing the remote he changed the channel. 
 
“Hey!” Victoria scolded. “I had the TV first!” 
 
“My home,” Donghae calmly refuted. 
 
“Give it!” Victoria reached a hand out to snatch it, but he dodged her in time. 
 
Donghae glanced over at Chin Hae who was staring at him. 
 
“Uncle is bad man.” Chin Hae stated before climbing onto the couch beside Victoria. “Aunty, you want cookie? Grandma gave me secret cookies before going away.” 
 
“Oh yea?” Victoria asked. 
 
Chin Hae slid off the couch and took Victoria’s hand leading her up the stairs. Donghae eyed them curiously. He turned off the TV before the weather broadcast showed up and quietly followed them up the stairs. His quiet nephew was suddenly more talkative after Victoria’s appearance. Donghae was growing curious about why he was opening up. 
 
Donghae paused by Chin Hae’s bedroom and listened. 
 
“These are you cookies?” Victoria asked. “Very yummy!” 
 
“Aunty, you’re very pretty. Like mommy.” Chin Hae said while lying on the bed kicking his legs up into the air. 
 
Donghae peeked into the room to find Victoria sitting on his small bed, Chin Hae beside her. 
 
“Your mommy?” Victoria repeated. “Mmm…Chin Hae, you’re a very good boy.”
 
Victoria reached over to ruffle his hair. 
 
“Aunty is like mommy.” Chin Hae took Victoria’s hand and played with them, his small fingers running against them. 
 
That was right, Chin Hae’s parents, his brother and his wife, had died in an accident when Chin Hae just turned 2. He had nothing but pictures of them. 
 
“Chin Hae, do you want to go play? I can take you to the park.” Victoria suggested. 
 
“Really? Ok!” Chin Hae jumped up and down on his bed grasping onto Victoria’s shoulder with his hands. 
 
“It looks like it’s going to rain today. Lets go some other day, ok? I will take you,” Victoria offered. 
 
“Pwomise?” 
 
“Lets pinky swear,” Victoria grabbed his small pinkly linking it with hers, “stamp!” 
 
Chin Hae giggled. Donghae found himself smiling at the sight before he headed back downstairs. He hadn’t been able to freely connect with Chin Hae like Victoria. At least his nephew was enjoying himself. 
 
The day droned on and when he glanced out the window he saw dark clouds floating overhead. 
 
“Chin Hae, come here,” Victoria called for him. 
 
Chin Hae bounced toward her and grabbed her hand. 
 
“You know thunder? The ‘boom boom’?” Victoria questioned. “There’s going to be a lot tonight, so don’t be afraid, ok?”
 
“Mm!” the little boy nodded. 
 
Victoria stood to her feet and walked toward him with a flashlight in hand. 
 
Donghae glanced at it, “What are you doing with that?” 
 
“There could be a blackout,” Victoria shrugged. “Just in case.” 
 
Donghae watched as Victoria sat with Chin Hae onto the couch. Another hour passed by before the storm started and just as predicted thunder and lightning broadcasted themselves across the sky shaking the house. Donghae stared up at the ceiling nervously. He never liked rain nor thunder or lightning. It always felt like they were threatening him. 
 
He glanced over at Victoria who sat calmly beside the sleeping Chin Hae and wondered how he could sleep through such noise. Thunder roared across the sky and Donghae jumped from where he was. 
 
“Tsh,” Victoria snorted, “look who’s afraid of the thunder.” 
 
“Am not!” Donghae retaliated. 
 
Victoria made a face at him, “Your poker face isn’t very stable.” 
 
“Better than yours.” 
 
“Oh-ho, so you are scared of the storm. Looks like I learned something new about you.” 
 
Donghae frowned at her before the lights suddenly went out with the scream of thunder. He thought he could hear the windows shudder and quickly looked about. His eyes closed and he drew his arms in front of him when Victoria shone the flashlight upon him. 
 
“Where’s your power supply? I’ll go turn on the lights,” Victoria offered standing up. “You stay with Chin Hae.” 
 
Victoria started walking pass him. 
 
“Is it in the basement?” 
 
“Oh…yea…” he absentmindedly replied. 
 
Victoria started walking away and he turned to see the bright light started to fade down the hall. He stared back at Chin Hae nervously. 
 
/////
 
Victoria opened the door down to the basement and flashed the light around. The stairs creaked underneath her sending chills up and down her spine. There was something about Donghae’s house that she didn’t like. It was too big for a family of four. 
 
She found the power box to her left and opened it looking through the switches before she heard something creak from the stairs. With her heart literally pounding in her ears she turned to see someone run toward her and screamed. Unable to control the motion of her swinging hand she let out another scream when the light landed upon Donghae’s face. He, however, screamed back when she did and for a few seconds returned screams into each others faces. 
 
“Shut up!” Donghae rushed the rest of the way toward her and fought to get the flashlight from her. 
 
“What are you doing!?” Victoria screamed fighting to keep her grip on the handle of the flashlight. 
 
“Give me the light, I’ll do it!” Donghae fought back. 
 
They wrestled with the flashlight before it slipped out of their hands and landed on the floor with a loud thud immediately going out. 
 
“Look at what you’ve done, you idiot!” Victoria cussed. 
 
“It’s your fault! Dimwit!” Donghae scolded. 
 
They knelt down to look for it only to have their hard foreheads crash into the other. 
 
“Ah!!!” they both screamed in unison cowering to the ground helpless in the face of pain. 
 
“Stupid!” Victoria screamed. 
 
“You’re the stupid one!” Donghae shouted. 
 
The roar of thunder shut them up. 
 
Victoria looked around, “Where’s Chin Hae?” 
 
Donghae didn’t respond. 
 
“You left him alone upstairs!?” Victoria shouted again. 
 
“What the hell are you?! On a scolding spree today!?” Donghae questioned frustrated. 
 
“Aish! You’re the idiot! Why can’t you even look after your own nephew, useless scum!” Victoria shot up to her feet and ran up the stairs. Donghae rushed after her making her jump out of fright when she heard his footsteps. 
 
“Calm down, will you?!” Victoria whispered. 
 
“You calm down!” 
 
They stared each other down in the dark. Victoria made a face at him before walking on and felt around before she felt Chin Hae’s hair. The little boy was still asleep. 
 
Relieved she sat down on the couch adjacent to him. She guessed she wouldn’t be going anywhere until the storm lightened up. Donghae sat on the seat beside her and they remained quiet for a long time. 
 
/////
 
Donghae didn’t like the dark. He secretly slept with a nightlight. He’d lose face if he told anyone. 
 
Gulping nervously he peered over toward Victoria unable to see her face, but able to make out the outline of her body. How could she remain so calm when it was storming like crazy outside? 
 
“It’s been a while since we’ve had a storm like this,” Donghae quietly started before shouting when he felt something crawl in between them. “Oh…Chin Hae.” 
 
Chin Hae pushed him away and crawled toward Victoria. 
 
“You’re up?” he heard Victoria asked gently. “Go back to sleep.”
 
Without a word Chin Hae curled up his knees to his chest and lie against Victoria. Donghae felt Victoria’s hand brush pass him as she pulled her arm around his little nephew. Feeling somewhat envious of the comfort Chin Hae was receiving he could only find himself staring at the pair. 
 
When the storm silenced Donghae looked around to find that the bright moon was casting its light through the windows. 
 
“It’s finally over,” he breathed a sigh of relief and turned to look at Victoria to find that she was leaning back in the couch asleep, her head drooping off to the side uncomfortably.
 
He glance at Chin Hae who was leaning on Victoria’s side very comfortably, Victoria’s arm around him assuring that he’d be safe. Donghae stared at them before he found himself leaning to the left, his head softly landing upon Victoria’s shoulder. The moment only lasted a second before he felt someone kick him in the side. 
 
“Aish!” he grumbled and looked to see that Chin Hae was pushing him away from him and Victoria. 
 
“Aunty don’t like you,” Chin Hae mumbled. “You sleep over there.” 
 
Donghae felt his jaw drop before Chin Hae recoiled into his fetal position and lean back against Victoria. 
 
“Tsh…really…” Donghae muttered. 
 
/////
 
Victoria awoke with pain spreading through her neck. She groaned when she rose her head up and found Chin Hae sleeping against her. 
 
“Ah…” she moaned placing a hand against her neck. 
 
“Took you long enough,” Donghae shook his head. 
 
She glanced up at him with a frown. 
 
“What do you want?” Victoria questioned. 
 
“I’m hungry.” 
 
She snorted at him, “You go find your own breakfast. For all I know, I didn’t come here to take care of you.”
 
“It’s my house.” 
 
“And I have my free will inside your house.” Victoria tilted her head up at him. 
 
“You better just cook me something!” 
 
“Shh! Keep your voice low! Chin Hae’s still sleeping, you insolent fool,” Victoria hissed in a whisper.  
 
Donghae made a face at her before plopping down onto the couch adjacent to them. 
 
“Do you…really just hold anyone the whole night?” Donghae timidly asked. 
 
“What?” Victoria asked dumbfounded by his question. 
 
“Never mind,” he turned away. 
 
Donghae heaved a heavy sigh and shifted onto his back. She watched as he crossed his arms across his chest and closed his eyes. 
 
After giving Chin Hae breakfast Victoria led him into the living room. 
 
“Chin Hae, be a good boy and wait for me. I’m going to go to my house to get some snacks for you.” Victoria told. 
 
“Your house? Can I come?” the little boy pleaded. 
 
“Sure.” Victoria agreed unable to leave him behind. 
 
She grabbed his hand and led him down the street toward her house. Victoria led Chin Hae into the kitchen of her empty home and packed some soft snacks for Chin Hae before heading back out. 
 
“Victoria!” 
 
She turned around and spotted Kyuhyun rushing toward her. 
 
“Hey, I heard that you’re staying somewhere else.” he said catching up to her. 
 
“Oh yea…” Victoria glanced away from him. 
 
She dreaded telling anyone she was under one roof with Donghae. 
 
“Who’s this little guy?” Kyuhyun asked. 
 
“I’m Lee Chin Hae. Hullo big man.” 
 
Kyuhyun chuckled, “Big man, huh? Hi, Chin Hae.” He glanced up at Victoria, “Who is he?” 
 
“The little guy I’m taking care of,” Victoria smiled. “He’s adorable, right?” 
 
“Can I pick him up?” Kyuhyun asked. 
 
Victoria nodded and let go of his hand. Kyuhyun’s large hands pulled him up from the ground and she listened to Chin Hae’s scream of joy when he landed on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. 
 
“Where are you headed?” Kyuhyun wondered. 
 
Victoria glanced around before she looked at him, “Lee Donghae’s.” 
 
“What!?” Kyuhyun half shouted. 
 
“That’s his nephew.” Victoria’s voice quieted. 
 
She explained along the way to Donghae’s house her situation to Kyuhyun. 
 
“Oh…so that’s how it is. You like it there?” Kyuhyun wondered. 
 
“Yea, right!” Victoria stopped in front of the stairs to Donghae’s house. “I dread every day. The only thing that helps me bear through each day is Chin Hae.” 
 
“You’re home now,” Kyuhyun set Chin Hae onto the ground. 
 
“Bye bye, Big Man.” Chin Hae waved. 
 
“I’ll see you later,” Victoria waved to Kyuhyun and turned to instantly halt when she saw Donghae glaring at her from the front door.  

***This is gonna be another long oneshot, so I'm going to split it into 2 chapters so it's easier to read. I have so much more fun in store for you! :D Isn't Chin Hae just cute?