Chapter 2

THE BLAME GAME

Flashback
 


We faced a very shocking news several monts ago. It started from a hijack case of a military defense’s plane, but then it was revealed that it was a humbug to the horrors that occurred a few days later. There was a big explosion inside the US warehouses of weaponry. Some explosive materials  blew out and killed many people who were being located in and included some people who were near the place.

An electronic message was received at the headquarter. Our servers were crashed and destructed by unknown. We couldn’t use any computer system for temporarily. Someone had been succeeded in crippling the security system of headquarter.

 

A fact which greatly tarnished our prestige as an ELITE DEFENCE FORCE...


"TANGO DOWN KIDDO"
 

We looked up to the most irritating words right on the screen.


YG was in charge to do the investigation. We tried so hard to find out and connect every single clue that we had. Finally someone who was strongly suspected as the suspect was found. YG told me to lead the action along with Seunghyun and Daesung.

 

The suspect was alone at Oakview. It seemed like he was waiting for someone to catch him up at that moment. But then he realized that I was there. He run away but Daesung was right behind him. He couldn't find any space to escape.  I still remembered his mocking laughter to me.

 

I knew him.

I knew him clearly, he was the gardener at the headquarter.

 

“Uncle Myung? What the hell is all about?!” I looked at him and wondered. My hand still put the gun right in front of his face.

 
"Tango down, kiddo .. Do you think you can pull the trigger? Now becomes the past in an instant and everyone will eventually die. I've gone too far, eh .. This is not the end this is just the beginning. The Messenger will come and take the world on..” He grinned and suddenly injected something into his veins very quickly. I couldn’t stop it. Daesung immediately pushed him to the ground and handcuffed his hands.

"Dae, do not touch anything! Do not touch him!" I immediately shouted after feeling there was something dangerous, something that will haunt us later.
Daesung jumped and backed away from the suspect who continued to laugh at us.



BUUUUGGHHHH!!!!



At that time, my new partner, Seunghyun who turned out to be around us directly punched his head. The man was immediately unconscious, blood flowing from his mouth and nose.


"I hate his laughter, it is not good to my ears anyway. That punch at least could shut him up for a while. Hey Daesung do not move from there. Let the team take a look at you first. Make sure everything is okay." Seunghyun suddenly looked at me and asked me to handle the gun.
 


"You've pulled the trigger, dude.. Your hand is shaking, if it continues you will fire right to my chest.  That will be dangerous. Here, give it to me." I gave my gun to Seunghyun immediately. He realized my trembling from earlier.
 


"You want to eat? I'm starving, I've contacted YG, he will come with Jaejoong, Teddy and Kush. We can rest a little." Seunghyun walked to his car. I followed him without saying a word.
 


Seunghyun was my new partner, I didn’t know him very well. He was sent directly from the central headquarter and placed in our unit. He came up with a platinum-colored hair and piercings everywhere. We just looked at him and wondered. YG introduced him as Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun and then I knew that he would become my new partner in this unit.

 

"What if he injected himself with something dangerous. What if Daesung gets infected and bad thing happens to him, what if..."


"Don’t worry, Daesung's okay, he did not touch that man’s hands. Hey, this is the first time we go together, Just say anything, You don’t want me to keep talking, rite?" Seunghyun cut me off from saying such a stupid thing.
 


"Yes, I hope everything is okay. I still can’t believe the fact that he is the suspect. It happened very fast, I mean I knew him as a nice man." And I couldn’t forget his mocking face and laughter, aisht…



******************************************************************

 

 

That morning YG arranged an ‘emergency meeting’. His face was very serious
 


"Headquarter told me about this important news, the suspect, Myung Soo who was arrested at Oakview died yesterday afternoon. He injected himself with an unknown virus. The incubation period of the virus are still being studied. I want you to investigate his life which can give us information. It starts from here, from his briefcase." YG face stiffened and threw the briefcase onto the table. He was mad, definitely.
 


Only a two weeks of the arrest scene, Uncle Myung was finally died. He injected a harmful virus which was unknown until we could find a way to decipher its identification. After injecting, his body immunity declined rapidly. It was definitely impossible to interrogate and explore any kind of information. I saw him laughing and yelling in pain.

Suddenly I remembered the last sentence ..


"The Messenger will come and take the world on ..."