I'll Be There For You.

drabblelist.

HaeSica: I'll Be There For You ft. Ok Taecyeon

--

No one breaks Jessica Jung's heart. She thought to herself as she storms out of her their bedroom, seeing him with another woman. IN THEIR FREAKING BEDROOM.

"S-sica, please! I can e-explain," Taecyeon pleaded as he tried pulling his pants up while chasing after her at the same time.

She turns around with a very angry expression on her face. "Explain what? That you've slept with another woman in our bedroom?" She said with emphasis on the "our."

She was on the verge of tears. Seeing the one you love next to another woman after they just made love to each other? Who wouldn't be?

Taecyeon was just dumbfounded. He knew he was done for.

She stomps her way to the doorway, grabbing her coat. "Pack your bags and leave. Bring your hoe, leave the keys."

She opens the door, exiting their apartment room, slamming the door shut.

-

Jessica took a long walk at the park nearby.

How could he have done that to me? After everything we've been through? Those were her thoughts she had as she crashes on the bench.

She could feel the tears flowing from her eyes. She closed them, hoping to stop the tears from falling. Even if she wouldn't admit it, he broke her heart. As of the moment, it was slowly cracking and breaking into bits and pieces.

She hears footsteps getting nearer and nearer.

She wiped the tears that already fell. She didn't look up. She couldn't bare to look at him.

"Go to hell."

She hears chuckles. "Well, that's not a way to treat a friend."

It's not him. Who is it? She looks up to see who it was.

It was Lee Donghae. Her ex-boyfriend. Jessica broke up with him because he moved back to Mokpo and Jessica didn't want a long- distance relationship. Why was he here? In Seoul?

She sniffed before talking. Her voice still weak. "W-why are y-you here?"

"Why are you crying?" He asked, still smiling, apparently.

She was able to fake a smile. "Mistakes, I guess."

His smile disappears as he sits next to her. "Everybody makes mistakes. Some choose to shake them off, some choose this way. Now tell me what this mistake is," he begins to caress her hair, "is it Taecyeon?"

She looks up, wondering how he knew.

"Tiffany (her best friend) and I are friends, too, you know. She keeps me updated in all things about you."

She chuckles at his statement. "So you're like a stalker? Is that it?"

He inches closer to her, putting his arm around her and letting her head rest on his chest.

"Kind of." He puts a smile on his face, which she responds to with a bright smile. A smile that hasn't appeared yet that day.

"You're more beautiful that way."

"Shut up."

"It's true. Besides," he wipes her tears with his warm hands. Something she needed to get a hold of that cold afternoon, "you know I hate seeing you cry."

"That thing you said earlier. Friend. Are we friends?" She asks, looking up into his face.

He looks into her eyes with sincerity. "Of course, we are"

She felt guilt run through her body. She knew she broke his heart not too long ago, yet he still considers her as a friend.

"T-thank you..." she said softly, looking back into his eyes.

He pulled her closer, and let her head rest, once more, on his chest. They both close their eyes, enjoying the peacefulness and silence, caressing the moment.

They stayed liked that for over an hour. 6 o' clock came, and Jessica knew she had to go home.

Although hesitant, she broke away from his warm embrace, and stood up. "I have to go..."

He stood up. "Let me walk you home."

She rubbed the back of her neck as she spoke, "You don't have to... I mean, I don't wanna waste your time."

He gave her a warm smile. "You will never be a burden to me, Jessica Jung."

Those words struck her, causing her to smile. Although it wasn't her brightest or widest smile, she was happy.

And so, they walk home together. Hand-in-hand and smiling at each other.

As they reach her doorstep, she let go of his hand.

She opens the door with her key and opens it. Before entering, she turns back around to face Donghae. "So, I'll talk to you later."

He nods, still smiling and looking at her. They both turn around.

"Donghae," she turns around, and so does he, "thank you... for today. For being there for me."

He inches closer to her and kisses her on the forehead. 

"I'll always be there for you."

 

FIN.